Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday Joe Mallozzi began sharing his reminiscences of SGA on his blog. Perfect timing for the Rewatch.

Comment

Officially we are WHERE in the rewatch??
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Childhood's End (SGA S1 Ep 6)

Comment

Yes. That's the episode I watched today!
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I joined the rewatch this month and watched the whole season within 10 days. It's been a long time since I last watched it. I was surprised about the number of breathtaking episodes already in season 1. Besides Rising (1+2), The Storm/The Eye and The Siege (1+2) I consider 38 Minutes, Poisening the Well, The Underground, Sanctuary, Before I Sleep, The Brotherhood and also Letters From Pegasus as very good episodes. I'm wondering how I will like season 2 next month.

Comment

Oh dear, I don't want to say goodbye to Weir again already.

Comment

I've had a week off and people are still behind, guess I shouldnt be watching 1-4 episodes a day really

Just hitting SGA 4-10..

Comment

I will finish season 1 of SGA tonight it will be hard this summer to not get too far ahead because there is not much on to watch so I put on DVDs. I already watched all 8 seasons of Charmed when I was watching SG-1 then I put on Farscape just finished season 2 of that the only DVDs I have after that are Firefly and all of the Star Wars movies. This is how I stay in the month and not jump ahead. I wish I had Star Trek DVDs like TNG and ENT that would help I did start Doctor Who through my library but I don't own them
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'm enjoying the re-watch of season 1. I did watch it all when it first aired but only rewatched a few episodes of it when I got the season set a few years later. It will be interesting what happens when I start on season 2 as it was about half way through I lost interest as well as losing track of it on moving from the UK to Canada, where I didn't bother to pay the extra to get the premium cable channel that was first airing it at the time.

I seem to be warming more to Sheppard as a character this time round. Ford is not bad either, shame he was dropped later on. I've noticed Zeleka more too, I guess it's because I liked him whenever I saw him in the odd episodes in the later seasons that I watched.

I think it's an interesting exercise really sitting down and watching SGA from beginning to end. If I get past season two feeling the same about SGA as I do now, enjoying things I'd overlooked before, then I'm on the road to saying I don't care much for SGA less than I did when I first sat down to do the re-watch of it.

I wanted to put in a vote for the SGA season one best moments but the thread was closed already! Due to not being as familiar with SGA it was not as easy choosing which episodes and character moments I liked without watching it first! It looks like I'll have to watch the seasons a bit quicker than one a weekday to finish before the 20th of the month so I can choose the best episode and moments!
                    Last edited by Krisz; 20 June 2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

When you huys started this I started a rewatch at the same time, for the first month or so I fell massively behind but letely I have caught up to the point where I am watching the last episode of SG1 season 9.

However, I have followed the recomended viewing order and have finished season 1 of Atlantis!
                      Am I ahead or behind?

Lol, now I can start posting my opnions/reviews on stargate as WE watch it because im gonna rush through season 10 of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by h4eafy View Post
                        However, I have followed the recomended viewing order and have finished season 1 of Atlantis!
                        Am I ahead or behind?
                        Behind. Don't worry, you're not alone; I'm on episode 5, about to review episodes 6 and 7, so far I'm trying to luster the focus to blow through this but so far I keep getting distracted. I hope to get to when they're going to review the infamous episode 18 but with my work ethic, I don't think it's possible.

I do aim to be ready for Season 2 though; anybody liking my reviews so far?
                        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                          Behind. Don't worry, you're not alone; I'm on episode 5, about to review episodes 6 and 7, so far I'm trying to luster the focus to blow through this but so far I keep getting distracted. I hope to get to when they're going to review the infamous episode 18 but with my work ethic, I don't think it's possible.

I do aim to be ready for Season 2 though; anybody liking my reviews so far?
                          Im in the same boat, I am working every waking hour in front of this computer building and fine tuning our new website at work. Its a shame I cant post the link because of "SPAMMING" because im super proud of myself!

Also designing a new product (Im a bit of a Rodney Trotter) so when im not obsessing about the new website im gonna be at my drawing board obsessing about my new hairbrained idea - I need a Samantha Carter type brain wave when im at the design stages lol.

The most viewing time im getting every night is when im cooking and I play Stargate on my laptop in the kitchen. Im going to blast through season 10 of SG-1 then I can get to talking about SG-A.

Comment

I'm very behind. Between a big move I. April, and work being busy, haven't had a lot of time. I just watched the Peagsus Project. Hoping to catch up soon, so I can join back in discussions.
                            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Well. I've seem to have caught up a lot; only two more episodes to go and then afterwards a recap and then afterwards a quick vote in the poll before it ends.

Man I'm fast.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

I just realised I have watched the first 2 seasons of SG-A
                                Only 11 episodes into SG-1 s10.

Im not a big fan of SG-A season one anyway. It gets good fast but there is the whole bumping into aliens in another Galaxy who look and talk just like us.

There is also that stupid scene where Teyla (trained in Eskrima) walks TOWARDS a wraith shooting until the bullets run out and then despite the fact that SHOOTING a clip into it didnt stop it, she decides to hit it with sticks.

How did she survive long enough for the Stargate Atlantis seriese to start if she did stuff like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X