This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    It really does, although I personally think that season 4 is one of their finest!And not only for woo
    I'm up to season 7 and for me personally, I found season 4 to be the most fun. Not that seasons 5 and onward weren't good but seeason 4 gave me a lot of everything. Loved it.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I love the use of the forests and the rainy atmosphere in Stargate, it's one of the things I identify with the show and it just wouldn't be Stargate without them. I think they look gorgeous for the most part. I also associate the look with other shows filmed in Vancouver, such as The X-Files and (to some extent) Battlestar.
      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
        I love the use of the forests and the rainy atmosphere in Stargate, it's one of the things I identify with the show and it just wouldn't be Stargate without them. I think they look gorgeous for the most part. I also associate the look with other shows filmed in Vancouver, such as The X-Files and (to some extent) Battlestar.
        I know; the forest "look" of Stargate is such a nice change from all of the shows that are set in and around California. Not that California doesn't look nice, but one does get sick of it when seemingly every show is set there.

Comment

It's the holiday season and the next shipper celebration is just around the corner.

Please Join Us for Shipmas!!!!

Spoiler:

Art by Treknik.

Come share your Sam/Jack Fics, Vids, and Art
          Or just stop by to say hello and chat about our favorite couple!

And spread the word by using the official Shipmas Sig and Avi.

We'll see you at the party!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaroch View Post
            I know; the forest "look" of Stargate is such a nice change from all of the shows that are set in and around California. Not that California doesn't look nice, but one does get sick of it when seemingly every show is set there.
            It's the other way round for me! LOL!

Not that I don't like the forests and the lovely scenery, it's just that so many shows are filmed here and consequently too many familiar places are turning up on screen ruining the moment for me. For example, I go to work in Cloverdale every day, a real place, not a set used by SGU, and is actually called Cloverdale, not a hallucination unfortunately, I haven't woken up on a nice tropical beach! If it wasn't for the surreal storyline in that episode I would have been distracted more by the familiar location.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              It's the other way round for me! LOL!

Not that I don't like the forests and the lovely scenery, it's just that so many shows are filmed here and consequently too many familiar places are turning up on screen ruining the moment for me. For example, I go to work in Cloverdale every day, a real place, not a set used by SGU, and is actually called Cloverdale, not a hallucination unfortunately, I haven't woken up on a nice tropical beach! If it wasn't for the surreal storyline in that episode I would have been distracted more by the familiar location.

I liked the fact that they took a break from the forest at least in SG:U
              sigpic

Comment

Rewatching the rewatch ... half way through s1
                sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

Originally posted by Nanouk View Post
                  Rewatching the rewatch ... half way through s1
                  Now that's dedication for ya!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Looks like SyFy even jumped on board (that's a first) they ran most Season 10 the other day!
                    www.stitchsloft.com
                    For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                    "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                    www.scifihero.net

Comment

I finished up season 4 waiting to start season 5 I do most of my eps on Friday and Saturday
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Jaroch View Post
                        My three top favourite shows are Highlander, X-Files and Stargate. Guess where they were set? I enjoy looking for the same sets and actors in all three!
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          My three top favourite shows are Highlander, X-Files and Stargate. Guess where they were set? I enjoy looking for the same sets and actors in all three!
                          I always thought 'Highlander' the TV series was filmed in France. Then again at that time, living in the UK I had no idea that Vancouver was a place where a lot of filming was done. Even when I watched the X-Files I had no idea where it was actually filmed I just loved the darker bluish quality of light that gave the series its trademark atmosphere. That was lost when they moved back to LA for seasons 6-9. I believe it was David Duchovney who christened Vancouver "Brollywood".

Can't believe I'm on the last episode of season 4 tomorrow! Time just flies when you're having fun re-watching Stargate!

Comment

Highlander was filmed in both Vancouver and Paris.....it's been shown on our Horror channel recently - in fact Episode 6, Season 2 of Highlander features a very young and baby-faced Michael Shanks in one of his very first TV appearances....it's a crap storyline sadly, but one for the archives!...

I met Adrian Paul last year at Collectormania....he still looks as young and fit as he did in Highlander and is a very nice man..

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Yes, Highlander was half and half. Sadly, the episode Michael Shanks was in is pretty much the worst Highlander episode. Even the creators have apologized for it.

Adrian Paul has indeed kept his looks - I think he may truly be Immortal.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

December 2011 and Matt G is GO for SG1 S5.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X