This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
    I was wondering is everyone watching all the episodes in a season as part of your rewatch?

I'm not watching them all. I have no desire to see episodes like 'Bane' of Season 2 ever again.

I'm finding the season guides such as http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/index.shtml to be very useful.
    I'm watching all of them, even the ones I really don't care for and don't really want to watch again. That will include episodes like 'Urgo' and SGA's lamentable Lucius Lavin episodes.

I have found however, that some episodes I thought were OK weren't as good with the rewatch, and some that I really didn't want to watch again like 'Bane' and 'One False Step' weren't as bad an experience as I'd imagined.

Comment

And I find 'Urgo' episode rather amusing. )

Comment

I was wondering is everyone watching all the episodes in a season as part of your rewatch?

I'm not watching them all. I have no desire to see episodes like 'Bane' of Season 2 ever again.

I'm finding the season guides such as http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/index.shtml to be very useful.
        I had to think about this on a bit because, like you, there are episodes that I don't really like. In the end I decided that, in the true spirit of a Rewatch, I should watch them all. And it was a good decision, because I've discovered that episodes that I hated at one point have become interesting now.

Comment

I finished season 2 and I started season 3
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I am also about to start on season 3.
            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Have already started season 3...it's really hard to watch a whole season in 3 weeks tho.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm watching them all too. There's always something new!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Up to episode 4 in season 3 now. Have noticed with regard to the character of Dr Frasier - she never had a clue what was going on! Everytime there is some medical emergency, she is always clueless!
                  Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Up to episode 4 in season 3 now. Have noticed with regard to the character of Dr Frasier - she never had a clue what was going on! Everytime there is some medical emergency, she is always clueless!
                    I can't say how accurate you are because I don't really remember how often Dr. Frasier ends up asking what's happened. But, in her defense, once she is told what has happened, she's very good at fixing the problem. Just look at "Legacy"; she's the only doctor on the base that realizes how to separate Sam's blood into elements that can be injected into everyone else... and she's hardly in the best of shape when she makes that realization.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaroch View Post
                      I can't say how accurate you are because I don't really remember how often Dr. Frasier ends up asking what's happened. But, in her defense, once she is told what has happened, she's very good at fixing the problem. Just look at "Legacy"; she's the only doctor on the base that realizes how to separate Sam's blood into elements that can be injected into everyone else... and she's hardly in the best of shape when she makes that realization.
                      Thats ironic, as i was posting my comment i was actually watching that episode, and thinking, ah Janet seems to be pretty good right here! But my initial point stands, she has to have been one of the most redundant clueless doctors in sci-fi history, more to circumstance than ability.

Comment

To be fair, it's rather difficult to know what has happened to a team off-world, when you've been stuck at the SGC and they've just returned through the Stargate...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Thats ironic, as i was posting my comment i was actually watching that episode, and thinking, ah Janet seems to be pretty good right here! But my initial point stands, she has to have been one of the most redundant clueless doctors in sci-fi history, more to circumstance than ability.
                          I think your claim is extremely broad and not based in evidence. Janet saved the team and many other at the SGC on numerous occassions. She always faught for her patients. She acted with intelligence and strength. She was compassionate and courageous. She died saving a man's life and she was a hero!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I think your claim is extremely broad and not based in evidence. Janet saved the team and many other at the SGC on numerous occassions. She always faught for her patients. She acted with intelligence and strength. She was compassionate and courageous. She died saving a man's life and she was a hero!
                            Let me clarify - i referred to her being redundant more to circumstance than ability. She was a great doctor, and was passionate about her patients and a good team member.

My point was really that in the early years, it seems to me time and time again she was redundant due to circumstances where her level of medical knowledge and experience was a waste of time.

Rewatching its fascinating to see the beginnings of the SGC, when they had so little knowledge, compared to the end.

I would also like to mention that i think season 3 is actually quite poor in quality. There seem to me to be very few good episodes, and no real classics. I find this interesting, because as memory serves, season 4 was brilliant.

Comment

Got this today:

More fun with the rewatch!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                                Got this today:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMGP1915.jpg

More fun with the rewatch!
                                Sweet!
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 October 2011, 09:44 AM.
                                My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Working...
                                X