Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be a bit behind, have just started season 2!
    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I really do not like the cassandra storylines of the earlier years, thankfully they didnt last long.
      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

In the back of my mind, I never thought of SG-1, season two, as being a favorite of mine. With the re-watch, I was surprised by how many episodes I enjoy that are in season two. I didn't think about season two as being a favorite because of the end of the season. After "A Matter of Time" the only season two episode I regularly watched on DVD was "Show and Tell." My last impression of the season was my lasting impression of the season.
        Last edited by Naomi; 01 October 2011, 03:59 AM.
        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Yeah, there are some S2 episodes that seem better than I remember(particularly asd I watched the season in order for the first time!)

Now on to S3, at a reasonably sane pace this time.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Watching Season 2 now i realise that i have seen these episodes do many times. I'm 6 episodes in, and think ive seen each of the episodes so far 7-8 times. I'm not sure this is true for later years.

Comment

Just watched 'Thors Chariot.' This is a great episode. Watching this now makes me recall how this was one of the early episodes that really drew me into the series. I loved the Indiana Jones style puzzling, and the shots of Thors ship coming through the clouds at the end were really exciting.

Its kinda of funny hearing that first Thor, and hearing how much his voice is so different to how it ended up being.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                In the back of my mind, I never thought of SG-1, season two, as being a favorite of mine. With the re-watch, I was surprised by how many episodes I enjoy that are in season two. I didn't think about season two as being a favorite because of the end of the season.
                Interesting! I was thinking a long similar lines the other night. I've watched season 2 loads of times, but this time round, it did occur to me how many really enjoyable episodes it contained! I liked season 1 because it set up the characters and the basic storylines but season 2 expanded on these and added to them with some brilliant episodes.
                The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

I was wondering is everyone watching all the episodes in a season as part of your rewatch?

I'm not watching them all. I have no desire to see episodes like 'Bane' of Season 2 ever again.

I'm finding the season guides such as http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/index.shtml to be very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                    I was wondering is everyone watching all the episodes in a season as part of your rewatch?

I'm not watching them all. I have no desire to see episodes like 'Bane' of Season 2 ever again.

I'm finding the season guides such as http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/index.shtml to be very useful.
                    I'm watching them all, even though there are some I really don't enjoy. It's the OCD part of me that just can't skip no matter how painful. I have taken to watching a few of the episodes I really can't stand at 1.5x speed. Like ripping off a bandage, it gets the pain over with more quickly. And actually I found that it even improves a couple of them.

Comment

Well i'm onto the Fifth Race now, and i wont be skipping through that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                        Interesting! I was thinking a long similar lines the other night. I've watched season 2 loads of times, but this time round, it did occur to me how many really enjoyable episodes it contained! I liked season 1 because it set up the characters and the basic storylines but season 2 expanded on these and added to them with some brilliant episodes.
                        I looked at a list of season three episodes; a season I think of as being a favorite. There are only four episodes on the DVD set that I regularly watch! There are a number of good episodes, just not ones that I watch over and over. However, the season finale, "Nemesis," is one of my all-time favorite episodes. Last impressions can be lasting impressions.

I will watch all of the episodes, even those I don't favor. I want to review all of the SG-1 episodes in my blog.
                        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

I watch them all, in order, every time. This is not a problem for the earlier seasons - pretty much all of the earlier season episodes have bits in them I enjoy, whether it's a character moment, humorous line or a plot device. I do struggle with a good number of the Season 9 and 10 (and a few season 8) episodes and suspect that at some point I will start skipping a lot of those.
                          Last edited by Kunoichi; 02 October 2011, 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling
                          The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

During this rewatch I watch each episode in a season, but I also watch the favourite ones two or three times in a row!

Comment

Every episode, no skipping. That's the point of a complete series rewatch!
                              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Yes, I watch them all, even the ones where I think 'meh' at the beginning. And sometimes it turns out that I like them
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X