This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syncline View Post
    I can't believe I just read this entire thread. I mean, it was nice to see all the people (hi guys! ), but if the compulsion to thoroughly read threads longer than twenty pages outlasts my Probie status then I'll never get anything done. Lol.

I'd never even heard of Stargate until the year before SG-1 was canceled. Then I became a huge SG-1 fan, but got really busy with school and consequently didn't make it to Atlantis until pretty recently (yeah, after it was already over). And I still haven't seen Universe—not because I'm not interested, but because there are apparently sinister occult forces that conspire to make me always show up late. I don't believe I've ever managed to watch a TV show in "real time". Therefore, the fact that I heard about the rewatch before it started is practically a sign from the cosmos. It seems like a good time to join the forum—there's no way I'm going to miss the party again

My real-life Stargate buddy is my stepmom. She watched all of SGA with me and now she's seeing SG-1 for the first time as she joins me for my rewatch. We've been ahead of schedule so far.

I'm glad to be here
    Welcome! Glad to have you here, and all the other recent additions to the GW family!

I lurked for a year or so before I joined GW. I'd watched the movie in the cinema when it came out and didn't even know there was a TV show based on it. I got the Stargate bug with catching season one re-runs of SG-1 on channel surfing on Sky in the UK just before they aired season two. So I guess re-watching season two reminds me of how I really got into Stargate big time.

Atlantis not so much, didn't help moving to Vancouver soon after season two started airing in the UK, and then it was on a premium channel so I didn't want to pay extra for a channel I didn't want really. So I lost touch with SGA and have only watched season one and half of season two and got bored, then watched season five and episodes from other seasons here and there, even though I have it all on DVD. So I will be watching it in its entirety with the rewatch for the first time. Despite not getting into SGA as much as the other two series', it still gave one of my top Stargate episodes with 'Vegas'.

SGU took watching half of season one to get into but I was glad I stuck with it, it paid off and I was hooked. It had such potential, it was certainly a good 'different' for me, loved the whole concept and getting to know the characters through all their trials and tribulations.

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
      I can't believe I just read this entire thread. I mean, it was nice to see all the people (hi guys! ), but if the compulsion to thoroughly read threads longer than twenty pages outlasts my Probie status then I'll never get anything done. Lol.

I'd never even heard of Stargate until the year before SG-1 was canceled. Then I became a huge SG-1 fan, but got really busy with school and consequently didn't make it to Atlantis until pretty recently (yeah, after it was already over). And I still haven't seen Universe—not because I'm not interested, but because there are apparently sinister occult forces that conspire to make me always show up late. I don't believe I've ever managed to watch a TV show in "real time". Therefore, the fact that I heard about the rewatch before it started is practically a sign from the cosmos. It seems like a good time to join the forum—there's no way I'm going to miss the party again

My real-life Stargate buddy is my stepmom. She watched all of SGA with me and now she's seeing SG-1 for the first time as she joins me for my rewatch. We've been ahead of schedule so far.

I'm glad to be here
      Welcome and have your stepmom join the GateWorld community...

Comment

Welcome, and glad to see more new folks joining in!

How's everyone doing with the re-watch pacing? Life impinged on my Stargate re-watch this month, but I'm almost caught up. Five episodes left to watch, and review, in three days -- piece of cake. Crossing my fingers.
        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
          Welcome, and glad to see more new folks joining in!

How's everyone doing with the re-watch pacing? Life impinged on my Stargate re-watch this month, but I'm almost caught up. Five episodes left to watch, and review, in three days -- piece of cake. Crossing my fingers.
          I'm pretty much right on schedule, I have the last two episodes of season 2 to go. I'm quite impressed with myself that I've managed to write reviews here for every episode so far. As I mentioned above though, I think I'm going to start going to my own schedule now and continue on a little bit quicker. I'd like to try and fit the whole thing into a 12 month period or maybe shorter. Once I reach the season 4 discs wit commentaries I'll probably need to slow down again.
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
            I'd like to try and fit the whole thing into a 12 month period or maybe shorter. Once I reach the season 4 discs wit commentaries I'll probably need to slow down again.
            All three series, and the animated series (is the animated series part of the re-watch?) in 12 months? That's a good goal. I'm sticking with the viewing one season per month pace. I like the 8 or 9 days per month of viewing wiggle room. Especially once the re-watch gets to SG-1, season 4, and the commentaries.

Comment

Already watching season 3 but have stalled yet again...I'm sure I will get there eventually...mind you it's not like I haven't been there before.
              Happy viewing all.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

You couldn't pay me to watch the animated series! Besides, it has no part of any Stargate canon or continuity.

Comment

You couldn't pay me to watch the animated series!

Not my favorite, either, and I think it is non-canon. That's why I'm wondering if it is part of the re-watch. I tried to watch an episode of Stargate Infinity this past weekend, for the first time since the series was originally televised. Still not my cup of tea.

Comment

Just spend two days in London so now have to pull off five eps in three days if I'm going to finish SG1 S2 before the end of the month. Starting now.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      Just spend two days in London so now have to pull off five eps in three days if I'm going to finish SG1 S2 before the end of the month. Starting now.
                      How is old London town these days?! One of the things I miss since I left the UK is not being able to lurk in the National Gallery anymore. Used to love going there. I haven't even visited Vancouver's art gallery yet, even though they had a couple of nice exhibitions of artists I like. Time and money, always that in the way of wishes!

I finished season two today. Don't like the season ender any more. I used to, but I've decided Hathor just gets more annoying with each rewatch of that episode!

Comment

London is pretty cool - given I used to 'live' there, playing tourist there felt somehow 'wrong' but it gave me an opportunity to reaccquaint myself with some of the cooler museums!
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I finished off season 2 last night, and I think I will move into season 3 this morning. I'm really enjoying this project so far, there are so many things I'd forgotten about the episodes. If I recall, the season 3 DVDs (in the UK) are the ones where we begin to get some special features, which I'm always a big sucker for.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                            Welcome and have your stepmom join the GateWorld community...
                            I think she's considering it. I'll tell her that you said so, for extra encouragement. Thanks for the welcome, and btw I went to ASU too

Comment

I finished off season 2 last night, and I think I will move into season 3 this morning. I'm really enjoying this project so far, there are so many things I'd forgotten about the episodes. If I recall, the season 3 DVDs (in the UK) are the ones where we begin to get some special features, which I'm always a big sucker for.
                              Strangely enough I've hardly watched any of the special features on my collection of Stargate DVDs. I guess I've still got some new bits to watch then!

Comment

Just found this thread while watching SG1 for the first time. Started watching the entire series (starting with the movie) a month ago exactly. I'm almost done Season 8 already and I can't stop watching. I'm so glad that I started watching Stargate and believe it or not SGU got me into the Stargate Universe (still mad they canceled it).

Comment

Working...
                                X