Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thoroughly enjoying the rewatch. It was 'Secrets' today, there were bits I'd forgotten. It's this that makes it fun rewatching every episode, I'm finding some things are new again!

I think the world's weather is going nuts, what with you poor folk around NY with the storms and flooding. Vancouver has been sweltering in a really late hot spell for over a week with temperatures near 30C, California's usual weather system moved up North for a bit!!! I reckon that device in 'Touchstone' is real!!!

Comment

Quick post for the Stargate Fitness Strength Challenge counts

Daniel question counts:

Thor's Chariot: 23
      Message in a Bottle: 8
      Family: 9
      Secrets: 24
      Bane: 10

Carter explaination counts:
      Tok'ra part 1: 20
      Tok'ra Part 2: 15
      Spirits: 16
      Touchstone: 26
      Matter of Time: a whopping 40!

Keep on going, folks!

Come on over to Sparkpeople.com to check out what the Stargate team there is doing!
      -Liane

Comment

RL has been insane over the last couple of weeks. I knew there was going to be a delay in me starting SG1 S2 due to my trip out to Lithuania but then came a load of nutty stuff on top of that(delays getting home +finger infection) plus other scifi to catch up on but finally tonight I'll get down to business. Going to take some doing to get through the season before the end of the month but here goes.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

when i go to the polling page there is a message there saying that I cannot vote. Why is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Leydhawk View Post
            Come on over to Sparkpeople.com to check out what the Stargate team there is doing!
            -Liane
            Really? So just how many Stargate teams do you have on your diet plan?
            www.stitchsloft.com
            For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
            "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
            www.scifihero.net

Comment

Greetings,

So I fully intended to start the Rewatch on Aug. 1 - loved the idea & wanted to reconnect with the fandom again... But I forgot. LOL! Summer was winding down, vacation happened, started thinking about getting the kids back into school and August was gone. Well, I didn't actually forget - I just didn't start with everyone else.

I just read through this thread and chuckled at how we are all "apologizing" or giving our reasons for why we are either behind or ahead of the Rewatch schedule (or choosing not to participate). But then again, I just did the same thing!

Anyway, I have started through Season 1 and just finished "Fire and Water" this morning. It is fun remembering these early episodes and observing the differences in the characters from the later seasons. I mostly find myself watching Teal'c and wondering (again) how he (Chris Judge) could manage that sour, downturned mouth for so much of the time! Must have made his face tired.

Anyway, enjoying the episodes again...at whatever pace I end up watching them! See you all around the Stargate.

OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hello everyone, I guess from what little I've read I'm a "lurker" because i was simply looking up information on an episode, particularly the Destroyer of Worlds, to see if she ever showed up again in the series (she does... sort of). I have seen bits and pieces of the series, and was actually naturally having my own marathon, and when i found this sight i was already on the first few episodes of season two, and saw that I was right in the midst of an epic marathon taking place on the web.

I will most likely pass and finish the marathon in a couple of months, but apparently I'm slightly behind right now, but no matter, i should finish season two by tonight, or tomorrow. (working mids has its advantages, and several hours to spare at night on off days is one of them). I am currently on episode 7: Message in a Bottle. It appears everyone is watching A Matter of Time. so i have around 10 episodes to watch tonight . Secrets appears to be a beloved episode so I'm excited to watch that. If I have seen an episode I come across, it doesn't matter since it's been well over a decade since I've seen it. (the last i saw was a season 6 or 7 marathon back in 2004).

Anyhoo, that's my post for now. If anyone has any guidance on what exactly i should talk about on my posts, I'm very chatty and insightful on the quality of episodes (I fast forward the flashback episodes to get to the good parts). Later guys.

Comment

Hmm... wonder why my little signature pics aren't showing up - only the links? Just a glitch or has there been some formatting change in GW? Looks like my Photobucket account is still in tact, so it seems like they should be there?? Hints, anyone?

PS - the "Show your signature" check box is checked...
                  OregonJen

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                    Hmm... wonder why my little signature pics aren't showing up - only the links? Just a glitch or has there been some formatting change in GW? Looks like my Photobucket account is still in tact, so it seems like they should be there?? Hints, anyone?

PS - the "Show your signature" check box is checked...
                    Your signature isn't showing because they have changed the rules. Look at this thread for more details http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...igs?p=12798370
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh! Thank you - obviously I haven't been in the loop here for a while. Will work on moving my sig files from Photobucket to the GW server as time permits. Thanks again!

OregonJen

Comment

So i finished Secrets. Normally these split episodes disappoint, because neither story is strong enough to stand on its own, but in reality it is just Jackson's story with a dash of carter. problem is i liked carter's story better haha. I don't remember or just don't know if in the future she's able to tell her dad about the Stargate program, but hey i'm sure that will be solved.

So far I've noticed the show's strongest attribute, the amount of concern it gives the audience about the SG1 members. Even though you know that in the end they will prevail and will for the most part be back to normal at the end, the ride that the writer gives us has always been solid. Even though Bane, the episode I am currently watching is, lets face it, a batman episode, it is still intriguing because somehow it makes you feel bad for the goa'ld that was taken out and abandoned.

Happy watching.

Comment

Sigh, have to add to the bane episode. I'd have to say it might have been my favorite Teal'C moment... when jackson said "perhaps we shouldn't have loaded the watergun..." Teal'C turns and says "How else would she defend herself?" then squirts jackson w/ a watergun and chases after the girl. Hilarious! a fairly lame episode redeemed itself in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandul View Post
                            Hello everyone, I guess from what little I've read I'm a "lurker" because i was simply looking up information on an episode, particularly the Destroyer of Worlds, to see if she ever showed up again in the series (she does... sort of). I have seen bits and pieces of the series, and was actually naturally having my own marathon, and when i found this sight i was already on the first few episodes of season two, and saw that I was right in the midst of an epic marathon taking place on the web.

I will most likely pass and finish the marathon in a couple of months, but apparently I'm slightly behind right now, but no matter, i should finish season two by tonight, or tomorrow. (working mids has its advantages, and several hours to spare at night on off days is one of them). I am currently on episode 7: Message in a Bottle. It appears everyone is watching A Matter of Time. so i have around 10 episodes to watch tonight . Secrets appears to be a beloved episode so I'm excited to watch that. If I have seen an episode I come across, it doesn't matter since it's been well over a decade since I've seen it. (the last i saw was a season 6 or 7 marathon back in 2004).

Anyhoo, that's my post for now. If anyone has any guidance on what exactly i should talk about on my posts, I'm very chatty and insightful on the quality of episodes (I fast forward the flashback episodes to get to the good parts). Later guys.
                            Here some info on your "Destroyer of Worlds" for you... =)

http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Linea
                            http://stargate.neoseeker.com/wiki/Linea
                            http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ke%27ra
                            www.stitchsloft.com
                            For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                            "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                            www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sandul View Post
                              Sigh, have to add to the bane episode. I'd have to say it might have been my favorite Teal'C moment... when jackson said "perhaps we shouldn't have loaded the watergun..." Teal'C turns and says "How else would she defend herself?" then squirts jackson w/ a watergun and chases after the girl. Hilarious! a fairly lame episode redeemed itself in the end.
                              I loved this moment, too. Even though I knew that it was coming, I still relished its coming, and smiled when I saw it. That's one of the things that I love the most about Stargate - even after I've seen an episode half-a-dozen times, it's still fun to watch.

Comment

Answer: The First Jack O'Neal in "Big Trouble in Little China" (Kurt Russel)

Comment

Working...
                                X