This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
    It's official, I've decided to re-activate my GW account so I can join in the rewatch discussions!!

For anyone who is interested, I've started a new fanfiction in honor of the rewatch. I will probably be updating nearly daily. Each chapter will cover one episode (two in the case of two parters) and will consist of at least one journal entry from a Stargate character. I will make every effort to cover all major Stargate characters, but I do have my favorites, so unfortunately, there may be some biased coverage. If you do read it, please leave a review for the story to let me know what you thought. And if you mention that you heard about it on GW, I'll try to send you an extra couple of journal entries down the line. Here is the link for chapter one covering the movie.
    Wow, now here's an interesting idea. I like the first two. I was on fanfiction.net years ago, so if I can remember my login info, I'll follow your fic.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I had no problem matching the 121 minutes at the end of the month so I could sit and watch the movie last night. I walk and run a lot with my dogs, and the minutes just rack up. It will be more of a challenge at the beginning of August to get enough minutes to watch an episode (Monday is usually my rest day, but not on the day of the kickoff for our challenge and the rewatch!

I hope everyone will join me in the Rewatch Fitness Challenge here or on Sparkpeople.com!

-Liane

Comment

I am so excited for the Stargate re-watch it will be amazing. I love the stargate sg-1 I have seen all of the episodes and now I have an excuse for watching them all again. Just one question which forum do we go to for the re-watch or do we use this one. Thanks in an advance.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in. I don't have all the episodes, but I'll fill in where I can. It'll be nice to rewatch some of the older episodes for once.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
            Spoilers would be a major thing for me, even though I've seen all of SG1 because I would rather watch anew. I believe the best way to handle spoilers is to have separate threads for those who don't wish anything from later episodes to be mentioned, assuming there is sufficient demand for that. That is the only way I would participate at all because I have not seen everything. It's also the reason I've been here so seldom since 2006, spoilers.
            That's what the already existing individual episode discussion threads are for. As long as people adhere to the already longstanding established rule that future spoilers are not allowed and should be clearly marked with spoiler tags, those threads should be find for discussion.

Otherwise avoiding spoilers considering how old SG-1 is will be very hard on this board unless you really limit what threads you read.

I rewatched all of SG-1 and SGA about a year ago so I probably won't be doing and actual rewatch of every episode (at least for SG-1 as I know most of them backwards and forwards already) (plus I'm in the midst of a Trek rewatch), but still hope to join in on discussions.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, I'm not going to be able to participate in the Rewatch. Hulu has removed all SG-1 episodes, and I had to sell my Stargate DVD's for rent money after losing my job due to the school district I worked in making budget cuts. Had to get rid of my netflix account for the same reason. Anybody have any other ways for me to watch????
              Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

Just wanted to say I am looking forward to the Stargate rewatch and to tell you of my blog following the rewatch!

Stargate Re-Watch Blog

Come and follow my blog!

Comment

LoneStar1836, I hope you're right, but I didn't get that impression from Darren's reply. Conversely, I do think there should be threads where people may discuss the earlier episodes in the context of having seen the whole series, without the nuisance of spoiler warnings as a necessity; I just don't want to go that route myself. The issue is choice and variety, not right or wrong. Thus, two sets of threads would be ideal. No dodging of spoiler warnings or the hurdle of them for those in the other camp. I envy you your Trek rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by drwcomics View Post
                    Well, I'm not going to be able to participate in the Rewatch. Hulu has removed all SG-1 episodes, and I had to sell my Stargate DVD's for rent money after losing my job due to the school district I worked in making budget cuts. Had to get rid of my netflix account for the same reason. Anybody have any other ways for me to watch????
                    Youtube, other legal video sharing sites.

I'd suggest checking out your local library? I don't know if it's similar to mine but we have a number of TV series at ours, they have Buffy, Angel, etc.

Long shot that any library would have all ten seasons I guess but you never know, wouldn't hurt to check.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drwcomics View Post
                      Doe anyone in your family have Netflix? You can watch the streaming video on up to three computers at a time on the same account. I also had to cut back and dropped my Netflix subscription for budgetary reasons, but my mom still has it; so she gave me her passcode and I watch on her account.

Comment

I am interested in Stargate Rewatch.

Comment

watching children of the gods saw share naked. yes

Comment

Hello guys .

Well I have watched the first half of COFDs and I must say that it was interesting indeed, I am commenting at the half way stage as I will not be able to watch the rest until tomorrow, so will reply today to make it relevant I recently watched an episode where Hammond said while he was in command he would always keep the base guided by solid moral principles, the whole idea of sending the nuke through again at the start suprised me due to this. It was strange seeing the characters acting different with each other after knowing their personalities for such a long time. The things to note for myself were that the episode seems very film like indeed and I can see why it was made into a standalone version. It seems more serious and similiar to the film in some of the styling. I remember thinking when I was younger, I wish Stargate sometimes would be a bit more serious but I got to admit nowadays, I quite like the series styling, I did like any eps that had any strong themes though or were more serious and perhaps sad. The last thing I would like to say is that while watching, I thought to myself how could they get through the gate to Abydos? Daniel clearly didnt bury it as he said he would? or unburied it later.

My brief 1/2 the ep opinion ^^
                            ATLANT3AN

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                              LoneStar1836, I hope you're right, but I didn't get that impression from Darren's reply. Conversely, I do think there should be threads where people may discuss the earlier episodes in the context of having seen the whole series, without the nuisance of spoiler warnings as a necessity; I just don't want to go that route myself. The issue is choice and variety, not right or wrong. Thus, two sets of threads would be ideal. No dodging of spoiler warnings or the hurdle of them for those in the other camp. I envy you your Trek rewatch.
                              I can say with almost certainty that Darren won't change the rule when it comes to the already existing individual episode threads. The rule since day one has always been no future spoilers in official GW episode discussion threads. The mods will probably have their hands full enforcing them though.

So yeah I can see those wanting to discuss eps in the context of the series as a whole will have to take that discussion to other threads. Good luck on the rewatch and the avoidance of spoilers here. That might be as monumental a task as the rewatch itself.

Netflix has them all streaming (DS9 in Oct) so I hope to get all the Treks + movies rewatched by the end of the year.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Hey guys!

I have to say that I was very excited when the rewatch was first announced. I've been a fan of the show since about halfway through when season 8 was still being shown and I've been hooked ever since. I actually just finished my own personal rewatch a couple days ago. I crammed watching all ten seasons and both movies into just a couple months! (not having a job really comes in handy, I guess) I am more than willing to start the entire series over again. I could never get sick of this show! And it'll be nice to watch Atlantis over again. I have yet to decide if I'm gonna watch SGU, but anyway I'm off to watch CotG . . . again!

Stargate SG-1 is and will always be my favorite tv show ever!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X