Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
    It should be noted that this year's GateWorld dinner will be attended by no fewer than 3 celeb guests...I just had another one confirm. And several more are looking at their schedules to see if they can make it. A diverse group. All 3 series. Some just recurring guests, some full-time cast members. And most are NOT con guests. Am I torturing you all enough yet?? Ready for 3 more months of this??

The third ticket winner declined...if you entered, keep watching your inboxes. I'll let you know when they are finally claimed. You still have hope, RinkRat! lol
    WOW a third person declined. I wouldn't do that. MY GOD that is INSANE!!!!

And yes three months is going to be toture to know who is coming to the dinner!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
      Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
      Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
      Doublecut
      mamasue9
      Dr. Carson Beckett
      Camelot7414
      Krisz
      Geoi McKay
      Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
      silvercomet
      Scarym1
      [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
      Nynaeve69 +1
      MylittleEli
      SabrinaB
      Starbird
      Clairec007
      Jian
      picardythirds

Reposting with all names on

Comment

Krisz, can you put me in seat B27 please.
        sigpic

Comment

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
          Doublecut
          mamasue9
          Dr. Carson Beckett
          Camelot7414
          Krisz
          Geoi McKay
          Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
          silvercomet
          Scarym1
          [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
          Nynaeve69 +1
          MylittleEli
          SabrinaB
          Starbird
          Clairec007
          Jian
          picardythirds
          nakedwesley
          knightie

sigpic

Comment

The third ticket winner declined...if you entered, keep watching your inboxes. I'll let you know when they are finally claimed. You still have hope, RinkRat! lol
            Another person declined..... I wonder why these people even entered the contest.

I still have hope!!!
            Thanks doublecut!!!!!

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz
              Geoi McKay
              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
              silvercomet
              Scarym1
              [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
              Nynaeve69 +1
              MylittleEli
              SabrinaB
              Starbird
              Clairec007
              Jian
              picardythirds
              nakedwesley
              knightie
              Vecturist

sigpic

Comment

OMG, another decline? My birthday wish still has hope! Pick me, I will *definitely* not decline off to stalk my gateworld forum mailbox and my email inbox. Good luck everyone!

It should be noted that this year's GateWorld dinner will be attended by no fewer than 3 celeb guests...I just had another one confirm. And several more are looking at their schedules to see if they can make it. A diverse group. All 3 series. Some just recurring guests, some full-time cast members. And most are NOT con guests. Am I torturing you all enough yet?? Ready for 3 more months of this??

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                  Doublecut
                  mamasue9
                  Dr. Carson Beckett
                  Camelot7414
                  Krisz
                  Geoi McKay
                  Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                  silvercomet
                  Scarym1
                  [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
                  Nynaeve69 +1
                  MylittleEli
                  SabrinaB
                  Starbird
                  Clairec007
                  Jian
                  picardythirds
                  nakedwesley
                  knightie
                  Vecturist
                  SGAFan + 1

sigpic
                  My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

Geoi McKay - You are on an end seat, worry not!!!

Updated seating plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33659[/ATTACH]

I'm up for the pre-con meetup at Red Robins on Thursday evening.

Works out quite well for when I get back from the location tour. I wanted to hang around a bit so that the rush hour traffic would be gone before I set off home. Don't think I'll have the energy left for hanging around at pre-registration though, so I guess I'll just have to drive in earlier to register on Friday morning.

Thanks, Krisz. Phew. What's pre-registration? We have to register even though we already have our tickets?
                    sigpic
                    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                      Thanks, Krisz. Phew. What's pre-registration? We have to register even though we already have our tickets?
                      You have to register to get your wristband, which you must wear all weekend, and any other stuff that Creation give out with the Gold or Silver tickets...it involves queueing.....lots of things during convention weekend involve queuing, so take a book or get chatting to whoever is in front or behind you..

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        You have to register to get your wristband, which you must wear all weekend, and any other stuff that Creation give out with the Gold or Silver tickets...it involves queueing.....lots of things during convention weekend involve queuing, so take a book or get chatting to whoever is in front or behind you..

Deeds xx
                        OOOOO, you can chat with me!!!!! really, it would just be you listening to me as I tend to ..... talk....a lot. But i am not boring!! Or so all my friends tell me, course i think they are scared of me, but whatever
                        Music and Stargate
                        sigpic
                        Perfection

Comment

And it is a fun time to just people watch. Weither con people or Other hotel guests wondering what the heck lol.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I feel creepy watching people... Well, creepier, anyway.

Talking is fun though! And I guess I'll be getting a lot of use out of my tablet. Should have gotten a lighter-weight one. This thing's like carrying around a cinder block.

If anyone is going to be in town on Wednesday night and fancies a mingle, I'll be doing Japa Dog there by the Sutton Place Hotel, followed by a good old fashioned pub crawl in downtown Van. Not sure on when the sky train quits running at night, but my mate just told me they don't sell alcohol until 11 AM in Canada, and stop selling at midnight... So, I'm figuring it'll be a short night.
                            sigpic
                            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Has anyone emailed Adam or Gary to find out if they're going to actually have pre-registration on Thursday night?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                                Krisz, can you put me in seat B27 please.
                                Done.

Comment

Working...
                                X