No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone get good photos of fan costumes? I'd love to see that. Thanks to everyone who got any photos at all and posted them. Some of these are spectacular too.
    It was so much fun, I'm really in a bit of shock that that's our last one on this coast. Seems so wrong that it shouldn't be happening in the city where it was filmed, somehow.

Comment

Kriz, thanks so much for your wonderful reports!
      sigpic

Comment

Or latest report from the convention from our very own Geoi:

http://wormholeriders.org/cc/?p=5153
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mars11 View Post
          Did anyone get good photos of fan costumes? I'd love to see that. Thanks to everyone who got any photos at all and posted them. Some of these are spectacular too.
          It was so much fun, I'm really in a bit of shock that that's our last one on this coast. Seems so wrong that it shouldn't be happening in the city where it was filmed, somehow.
          Yes It's sad that there won't be another Stargate con in the land of Stargate, I agree, it's only natural for a Stargate con to be held in Vancouver. Crazy too since you have so many of the wonderful actors still living here, as well as the authentic Stargate scenery!

I didn't get one of all the contestants, just close ups of the top 3 winners. The General Landry lookalike was my favourite! It was quite funny as I was standing next to him when we were on the Thursday location tour and I just had to take a second look at him. His wife was really amused and said 'he looks very much like him doesn't he?' We had a good laugh, he feigned being fed up with it! LOL!

Comment

I just noticed. But why are the Preferred ticket holders in Chicago getting more stuff than I and my fellow Preferred ticket holders in Vancouver. For $179 all we got was a assigned seat. They also get 6 or 7 free autos and the caberat ticket included and also pay $179.

WHAT THE HELL. We payed the same we should get the same. Feeling really jipped right now.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Wow!..what a crock for the Vancouver fans.....glad I didn't go...not even worth it in the cheap seats any more...really sorry for you Annie....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                Thanks everyone, just happy to share great memories with those who were there and give those who weren't some idea of what went on!

Managed to start on Sunday's panels..........so without further ado!!!

SUNDAY 29TH APRIL 2012

JOE FLANIGAN, DAVID HEWLETT, PAUL MCGILLION

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34641[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:
                JOE FLANIGAN, DAVID HEWLETT, PAUL MCGILLION

Always a treat to watch, these three always play off eachother so well. You can see how much fun they had working together. As always it’s really difficult to keep up making notes with their panels as they tend to go off on hilarious tangents!

Q. If the characters got another season, how would you have liked to develop them?

A. Joe says with a sympathetic look, “David doesn’t know that the show has been cancelled.
                Joe said David did a great Rachel singing impression. He could never stop laughing when Rachel did her singing.
                He continued saying that David kept “crucifying Jason with his machine comedy mouth!” Jason was always caught out saying one day, “why is the fat guy always so funny?!”

Paul actually answers the question…. “all my girlfriends die, all I’m left with are me ‘tuttles’!”

David said, “McKay would have ascended.” Then looks at Paul saying “Paul would get another exploding tumour!”

Joe added to this saying that when they saw the script for the ‘exploding tumor they all thought, “that’s good!” in a sarcastic tone. After that episode Joe and David kept going “boom” and other exploding sounds whenever they saw Paul.

Joe said that he would have liked to explore the alternate John Sheppard character from ‘Vegas’ more. He really like the character.

Q. To David- Who was the better kisser, Jewel or Paul

A. He pointed at Paul with a pained expression, “Jewel, look at that face, it looks like a flounder coming at me!”

Paul responded with saying that David had “sandpaper lips” He looked satisfied, “I just wanted to get that out of the way, and you know the worst bit was, they shouted ‘cut’ ages before!”

Q. What was your favourite episode to shoot?

A. David cried out “not ‘Duet’!” Joe – “Doppelganger, he loved fighting himself, that hurt!

David then mentioned how everyone thought it was such a joke that in the last scene ever of SGA they all had girlfriends except Joe!

For Paul- ‘Sunday’ he added that “David had a tear in his eye.”

Joe said in ‘Irresistible’ there was a scene where he punches Carson, there followed a cut piece where he says afterwards “Buck up Carson” and takes a tissue to wipe Carson’s nose.

David and Paul also had fun trying to get inside the Wraith Dart which was just too small, they kept falling out. Andy Mikita the director of that episode just shouted that “you are idiots” when he couldn’t take any more!

Q. For Paul – However it never got asked as Joe and David kept interrupting due to being put out by not being asked a question! So Paul fills in by asking the question with a sexy smile:
                “How did you get so incredibly handsome?”

He told a story of how he and his girlfriend were trying to get into a popular restaurant in LA. People before them were being turned away. However when the guy saw him he asked “are you Dr Beckett?” he said yes and they got a table straight away.

Q. For David, “and the other two” the questioner added quickly with feigned fear! How is Mars doing?

A. “He’s part robot now.” David answers with a dead pan face.
                The questioner also asked why Joe wasn’t in ‘A Dog’s Breakfast’, David replied that “we had the hair covered!”

Q. Will there be a sequel?

A. “Would love that!” Call it SGA season 6! “Marsgate!”

Random comment thrown in by David, that Joe’s action figure comes with hair product!

Q. For Joe- How did you get to meet Evel Knieval as a kid?

A. Evel bought him his first motorcycle helmet. His dad was friends with him. He was so excited and remembers going with him in a golf cart and seeing how the man looked to be in pain when the cart hit bumps from all his injuries sustained over the years.

Q. For David – with the episode when you were on Wraith steroids did you actually say words when you were speaking so fast?

A. Yes, the writers had to write more pages!

Q. What do you like doing, film or TV?

A. Paul – TV
                David – Movies, he likes that he has more time on movies, you can get into it more. With TV you don’t know where you are sometimes!

Joe – “My accountant likes TV” he says like David he likes movies for the slower pace, only two pages of script a day, with TV you have 12!

Q. List 3 books on your bookshelf.

They all had to think about this question saying it was a good one!

A. David – I have none!
                Paul – ‘World According to Garp’
                Joe – likes biographies.
                David – Loves ‘Dune’ and ‘LOTR’ adding “I’m totally Kindle now!”

The conversation wandered off on another tangent after someone asked about a line “Don’t shoot, but fire away” being inspired by ‘The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’. Then some comment about Paul in a dress in the movie and Joe saying “now you know why I wasn’t in the movie!”
                Q. What do you think your character’s favourite childhood memory would be?

A. Paul – Beckett likes to be tucked up in bed with cookies.
                David – McKay has no happy memories!
                Joe – Classic boy scout memory, Sheppard firing a rocket, stealing a car!

Q. To Paul and Joe – What did Carson and John see in McKay to make them friends?

A. Paul – “The writers made us do it!”
                Both Carson and Rodney are nerds, Joe said “we just needed the bastard to get us out of trouble!”

Q. What was your relationship with Torri like?

A. David said working with us was ‘like herding cats,’ took ages to get through scenes sometimes. She is a very serious actress, it must have been difficult for her at times with the ‘less serious’ guys. She had earnest political beliefs so that was like a bull’s eye with the ribbing, David kept saying, “does that bother you?”

“She had a hard job playing a leader that no one listened to.”

David said that they also tormented Rachel, she got mad at them.

When Rachel was pregnant she had a stunt double who had the ‘stunt belly’!

Paul dressed up into her ‘pregnant outfit’ and staged a stick fight with Joe. They took photos and posted them in her trailer with comments like ‘look, mom is drunk!’
                David said that it amused them no end as to how worried Rachel was with breast feeding her baby when wearing the Wraith mask. She thought she would traumatize the baby, so the costume dept made a veil for her!

The next person asking a question started with saying they’d met David’s sister Kate, David responded by saying “I’m sorry for you!”

Q. Do you have a good natured relationship with her?

A. We’ve always been mean to eachother.

Q. On set what is your best practical joke?

A. David- “not that many apart from our acting!”

Joe’s prank he played on Paul was the best one. Where they put the heaviest guy on the stretcher Paul was carrying in one episode. Through the day Joe kept adding rocks to Paul’s backpack.

Joe said that Paul and David kept ‘b'tching’ about things, allergies and trying to outdo eachother on the b'tching front!

Jason played a nasty one on David. He went into David’s trailer, turned up the heat, cut off the water and did a #2 in the toilet, so when David came in……

……Did we really want to know???! I was still getting over the stories Chris Judge told on similar subject matter the previous day! Lol!

Jason pasted a picture from a magazine called ‘Big Black Butts’ in Joe’s laptop. Joe was pulled aside at customs at LA airport, the female customs officer opened it and looked shocked. She closed it quickly gave him a look of horror and told him to move on without another word!

David was driving home from the studio one evening when a car pulled up next to him, the next minute he was being ‘mooned’ through the window. He didn’t register what was happening for a moment, then he saw Joe’s face looking round and smiling wickedly. He said that now “The ‘black hole’ is indelibly linked to Joe’s laughing face!”

Q. What are you working on now?

A. Joe- A movie with “Van-Dam” called ‘Six Bullets’ He’s a mixed martial artist. It’s a Sci-Fi action movie like ‘Blade Runner’.
                He’s also doing work on a new video game for EA, he couldn’t say more just that it’s cutting edge with him being scanned. His kids get to see “Daddy die again!”

David is doing a new unscripted adventure series called “State of Sin” with Joe, Joe said he gets to beat up David! It’s a live action ‘animated comic’, photographed to look like a comic book.

Paul- did a movie called ‘A-70. Billy Boyd’ ****check this*** A horror movie about two Scottish guys caught up in an alien abduction.
                He’d also done work on OUAT, played the Kave of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland world. He said he would be back.

Q. If SGA had continued, what character trait would you have developed?

A. David – McKay skateboarding! Death of Jeannie! (Awww he’s so mean to his sister!)
                Beckett would have hooked up with Jeannie.
                Joe- would have liked to develop more of a back story for Sheppard.

At this point Peter Fleming (Agent Barrett in SG-1) came up to one of the microphones and said that Paul is his favourite out of all of them! Paul calls for security!

Q. What is your opinion of Todd the Wraith?

A. Paul – “Tall and mean”
                Joe – “Weird and sexy in a macabre death type way!”

On that totally off the wall moment the panel ended. Thunderous applause as always for these fun witty guys!
                Krisz, Thanks for all the great reports. It's taken me a little while to get through them all but it sounds like you all had a great time. (Including the guests).

It may be the last Creation con in Vancouver but some of the other con groups may have another con in Vancouver at some stage. I, for one, am looking to come back out your way in 2014. I hope they have something going then.
                Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                sigpic
                Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  Or latest report from the convention from our very own Geoi:

http://wormholeriders.org/cc/?p=5153

Geoi,
                  , That was a great report!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thanks for posting the winner of the costume contest anyway! I know there was someone (I wish I'd got a name. I'm new to this site so I don't know anyone personally) who was taking pictures of everyone and I wish he'd post!
                    In regard to feeling gypped, I don't blame you AnnieS. That doesn't make sense that they'd offer so much elsewhere and not do the same in Vancouver. It's not really fair and you went the extra mile on the price too. I'm sorry.

Comment

Hey has anyone got their missing photo-ops yet?? I am still missing my Peter Flemming and Aleks Paunovic photos.
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        Hey has anyone got their missing photo-ops yet?? I am still missing my Peter Flemming and Aleks Paunovic photos.
                        Nope haven't gotten mine and I also haven't gotten the additional JPEG's I paid for. Have emailed and didn't hear anything either. I think tomorrow I'm going to give them a call.
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

Hiya, this was my first Creation Con and I had an absolute ball, met a lot of friendly people, actors and attendees alike, and made some new friendships that I hope will last a lifetime. Thanks Claire, Sah, Jill, Angela, Diana and Paul - hope I didn't forget anyone. Really had a ball and couln't believe that Chris Judge remember me from Melbourne!! Was so thrilled by that - generally a great bunch of people and I'm glad I made the effort to go as it's a weekend I won't forget for years to come!
                          WACKO!!!!

Comment

Hi Cindy, the con was great, the friends awesome..definitely keep in touch
                            sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Just called Creation and told them I and quite a few others were still waiting for our photo ops. And they emailed Chris to see what is UP. He replyed that he is behind SURPRISE SURPRISE. She said to give it another week. If you don't see anything email Cris directly.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

You are STILL waiting?????....that's simply appalling service!!!!....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X