No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't regret buying a ticket either now. Noticed Creation added a few more gold rows.

Guest wise - I wouldn't mind seeing Peter Williams and Colin Cunningham again. (Yes, Joe is the main reason I'm going though)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Tony Amendola would be a great guest, has he ever appeared at a convention? I've met all the others on your list except Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira and Tony Amendola.

I think it would be great to have the SGU double act of Peter Kelamis and Patrick Gilmore as guests, they were great on the show and are great fun in person too!
      Yes! I would definitely love to see those two as Brody and Volker were among my favourites on SGU. I just wish Season 2 would come out on Blu-ray, I've got the first season on Blu-ray and I don't really wanna have to get the DVD for Season 2 if a Blu-ray release is due at some point.

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
      Yes, he has. I've met him. A very nice man. He is listed for the LA Creation Con in November.
      I really wish I could go to the LA con with guests like Torri Higgenson, Cliff Simon, Tony Amendola and Erick Avari and Alexis Cruz on the guest list. It's odd that there aren't many group photo ops being advertised, as I would think a Chris Judge and Tony Amendola shot would be awesome.

There's something I've noticed about the pages for the LA and Vancouver cons. While the Vancouver con says "The Last Trip Through The Gate" only the LA con flat out says that it's the "Final" convention. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I did get a reply from Adam after asking about the status of the Stargate Vancouver con following 2012 saying that it was probably transforming:

HI- the show is probably transforming after 2012 but I can't talk about it at this time.
      I've already got a fair chunk of my "convention funds" saved up so I'm counting on getting as many of the photo ops at the Vancouver con as I can. Just in case a Stargate presence, while not the Official con, returns to Vancouver in 2013, I'm gonna budget in the potential cost for a ticket. Right now, I'm just wondering if there's gonna be a Star Trek con next year. Otherwise, any potential vouchers I get if a guest has to cancel at the last minute could be useless, unless they would be willing to issue a refund under that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Tony Amendola would be a great guest, has he ever appeared at a convention? I've met all the others on your list except Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira and Tony Amendola.
        Tony Amendola has been to a few Creation conventions. I met him a few years ago at a Chicago convention. Very very nice gentleman and great with the fans! According to some of the comments from a few of the SGU actors, we probably will never see Robert Carlyle at a convention. Louis Ferreira did DragonCon in September so maybe there's hope he will do another convention. He's suppose to be really funny!

Originally posted by Krisz
        I think it would be great to have the SGU double act of Peter Kelamis and Patrick Gilmore as guests, they were great on the show and are great fun in person too!
        Peter and Patrick would be awesome!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Wow...I see this thread started way back in April! I've already missed three pages. Glad to see that so many people are planning to come.
          Now I'm not sure if its too early to ask but I'm looking for anyone who is selling a Gold ticket. I'd prefer somewhere in the first three rows DM me if you are selling. I could buy off the Creation site but I'm not loving the seats left.
          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
          GateCon Vancouver 2011
          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Another guest has been added to the roster:

BARCLAY HOPE
            First appearance with us! Barclay played Colonel Lionel Pendergast in 6 episodes of Stargate SG-1 and has been seen on Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka (8 episodes as General Mansfield), and Sanctuary

I must admit, I do not recall Colonel Pendergast, but it has been a while since I have seen early SG-1 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
              Another guest has been added to the roster:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/con_i...rclay_hope.jpg
              BARCLAY HOPE
              First appearance with us! Barclay played Colonel Lionel Pendergast in 6 episodes of Stargate SG-1 and has been seen on Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka (8 episodes as General Mansfield), and Sanctuary

I must admit, I do not recall Colonel Pendergast, but it has been a while since I have seen early SG-1 episodes.
              Great news, I liked Colonel Pendergast, he was the commander of the Prometheus after Colonel Ronson. I've got a soft spot for Earth's first wonderfully practical, rather than sleek looking spaceship the 'Prommie'! It was so sad when it was destroyed and Colonel Pendergast died a heroic death, going down with the ship!!!! Definitely looking forward to seeing him.

Comment

Yay for Barclay..

Comment

Robert Picardo was added...

Comment

Guest #7 has been announced:

CHUCK CAMPBELL
                    Chuck the Technician in Stagate: Atlantis, "Two-Faced Guy" in Sanctuary

Comment

http://www.creationent.com/cal/con_i...k_campbell.jpg
                      CHUCK CAMPBELL
                      Yey!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck's coming....he is hilarious and a really fun guest!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

CHUCK CAMPBELL
                        Great news. Haven't met him. He had to cancel the last con.
                        sigpic

Comment

The final GateWorld dinner already has a first celebrity guest...and it's a doozy. Make plans, people. Sunday April 29th post con. More details to come. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                          Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                          Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                          Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                          Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                          Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                          Con-Version Calgary 2010
                          C2E2 2013-2015
                          TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                          Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                          Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                          FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                            The final GateWorld dinner already has a first celebrity guest...and it's a doozy. Make plans, people. Sunday April 29th post con. More details to come. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                            Looking forward to that.
                            sigpic

Comment

marked my calendar

Comment

Excellent, I'll be there!

Comment

Working...
                                X