Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    somehow I can't quite see Creation giving up Vancouver yet...
    Other special events, like UFC and WWE aren't exactly chomping at the bit to return to Vancouver and, apparently, it's because of tax issues. (I could probably do That Canadian Guy's Tax Payer's Rant and it would fit Vancouver to a tee) So, I could see Creation essentially doing a larger "Grand Slam" type of convention instead of several smaller dedicated cons... except for Supernatural, which seems to be doing fine on its own.

However, a friend and I have been considering making a trip to either Las Vegas or Chicago for a Star Trek or Stargate con respectively at some point. I'd certainly love to go to this year's Chicago Stargate con to see the guests who aren't going to be in Vancouver, particularly Torri and Rachel.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone going to the con tomorrow, it looks like it's going to be a blast. Does anybody know what size I should print out the Gateworld badge at? I'd like to fit it on the opposite site of the con lanyard so there's no chance of misplacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
      Does anybody know what size I should print out the Gateworld badge at? I'd like to fit it on the opposite site of the con lanyard so there's no chance of misplacing it.
      I wasn't sure what size to make mine either, so I printed it to fit the lanyard from the LA con (9.5cm wide).

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

Unfortunately, my printer is currently lacking a working colour cartridge so it will be grayscale, but I think it looks alright.

Comment

My journey to Vancouver started at 2am. I drove over three hours to the airport only to find out that I had been bumped and that my new flight leaves at 6pm. So instead of arriving at 1pm I will arrive at 11:30pm. I hope I can still get my rental car. So I will be missing exploring shooting locations this afternoon and the dinner tonight. I just hope the bar is open when I get there...

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
          (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
          Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

I just returned from Red Robin to meet the manager. He will have an area set aside for us. Looking forward to seeing all who can be there. I also stopped at Staples to get some corded lanyards because I didn't bring one. I'll have to fold my ID because the plastic fits a 3x4in card.

Comment

What caught my eye in particular was, for Saturday:

1:05 pm Special Surprise Announcement: DON'T MISS IT!
              I'm aware of who is making the announcement, and partially aware of what it's in regards to. GateWorld was contacted about it earlier in the week. We can't disclose anything right now, but I can say that it is something that will be a news item on the main page and unless THEY have something to add at the same time, the announcement has nothing to do with Creation.

I'll let you guys mull that over a bit. Sorry I can't be more open, but we're sworn to secrecy.

I should be at the Hilton around 1pm or so. And I'll require hugs from all my friends.
              Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
              Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
              Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
              Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
              Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
              Con-Version Calgary 2010
              C2E2 2013-2015
              TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
              Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
              Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
              FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Setting off for Vancouver now Am I the only one driving there (who doesn't already live in the area)?

Comment

I was wondering if anyone is going to the Canadian Con this month. It will be the last one there and they have been doing it for a very long time. It will be an amazing experience if you are going. I will not be going but i was wondering if anyone here was going and i would love to talk about pictures or videos you might take. All in all the stargate franchise is one of the best tv seres yet.

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                    I'm aware of who is making the announcement, and partially aware of what it's in regards to. GateWorld was contacted about it earlier in the week. We can't disclose anything right now, but I can say that it is something that will be a news item on the main page and unless THEY have something to add at the same time, the announcement has nothing to do with Creation.

I'll let you guys mull that over a bit. Sorry I can't be more open, but we're sworn to secrecy.

I should be at the Hilton around 1pm or so. And I'll require hugs from all my friends.
                    God you're just making the anticipation worse Chad! GRR.

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
                      God you're just making the anticipation worse Chad! GRR.
                      He's really, really good at that.

Comment

My guess is it has either something to do with Stargate itself or the principal actors associated with it (what with being announced at a Stargate convention) or something involving Vancouver.

We'll find out in almost exactly two days!

Comment

Don't tell me Christopher Judge is finally going to announce what part he's got on The Dark Knight!..

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Oh dear. Can some help me out and repost the original GW badge? I can't remember were I saved mine

Comment

Sure thing:

GateWorld Forum ID: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ateSGUcopy.jpg
                              Last edited by Dr. Carson Beckett; 26 April 2012, 12:17 PM. Reason: link was incomplete

Comment

Merci beacoup!

Comment

Working...
                                X