Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jian View Post
    There's also a program called GIMP that you can download for free, since it's open source, which is what I use for most of my media including my badge. It has similar functionality to photoshop though some of the controls are a bit different than what you may be used to if you use photoshop normally. You can get it at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ for pretty much any operating system including windows and mac.
    Oh sweet!!!!! thanks. I love open source software. Thanks for the link!

Comment

5 days

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        I've spent the last hour or so working with excel. It doesn't have the text effects that photoshop has.
        I had no problems with the software and could create my ID card how I wanted it with the watermarks in the back and the name in the front. Now I only have to find a printer and maybe a laminator, otherwise it will get dmaged easily.
        4days for me until I fly to Vancouver. Time to get ready and start with a first packing. 23kg is not much for luggage if you have to bring all your winter clothes. That means strategically packing and organizing. Oh man, I HATE PACKING SOOOO MUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
          I had no problems with the software and could create my ID card how I wanted it with the watermarks in the back and the name in the front. Now I only have to find a printer and maybe a laminator, otherwise it will get dmaged easily.
          4days for me until I fly to Vancouver. Time to get ready and start with a first packing. 23kg is not much for luggage if you have to bring all your winter clothes. That means strategically packing and organizing. Oh man, I HATE PACKING SOOOO MUCH.
          Don't forget your touque and mukluks.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
            I would love some help with my GW badge. I don't have a photoshop program or excel.
            I saved mine to my pictures and put it in a word document. Easy enough to add a picture and your name.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
              I've spent the last hour or so working with excel. It doesn't have the text effects that photoshop has. Pm me what you want.
              Thanks for the offer.

While at lunch I used my work computer to fiddle around with it. We only have a black & white printer so the background doesn't show up to well but my name looks good. Does it look kind of big? I am not sure about the sizing.

Mary's GW Badge.doc

Hopefully Iwill be able to find a color printer over the weekend.
              Last edited by Scarym1; 20 April 2012, 09:02 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                Don't forget your touque and mukluks.
                Do I have to pretend to know what you're talking about? I can imagine these things have something to do with winterclothing but I have no idea what it is exactly? a little help please? maybe..... a hat and boots? is that even close?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                  Actually, you should all come and visit the party row, row L
                  I have just purchased the ingredients for my treats (blue jello and brownie decorating supplies) and would love to share.
                  Blue jello and brownies!?! picardythirds, I think I'm going to LOVE sitting (almost) next to you

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                  I saved mine to my pictures and put it in a word document. Easy enough to add a picture and your name.
                  I also used Word to create my ID badge.
                  sigpic
                  ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                    I am guessing that you are going to the Comic Expo!
                    Did you get your ST:TNG tickets?
                    Have fun and we will miss you in Vancouver.
                    Why yes, as a matter of fact I am...
                    And no, I didn't. Couldn't afford it. With all the autos and photos I'm getting I had to sacrifice a few things.
                    It's going to be a crazy weekend. AND I get to meet Amanda Tapping WHOOP WHOOP!!

I really wish these two weren't on the same weekend. I was very excited when I bought my ticket. Never been to a Stargate Con before. Oh well.....

Comment

Do I have to pretend to know what you're talking about? I can imagine these things have something to do with winterclothing but I have no idea what it is exactly? a little help please? maybe..... a hat and boots? is that even close?
                      Hat and boots it is
                      It's not that cold for either of these anymore...in my opinion

Comment

Excellent. Come and find me.
                        I certainly will! I especially love Chinese food. FYI I'm flying in Thursday evening and leaving Monday morning.

Actually, you should all come and visit the party row, row L
                        I have just purchased the ingredients for my treats (blue jello and brownie decorating supplies) and would love to share.
                        I'll be bringing oatmeal raisin cookies to share with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                          Hat and boots it is
                          These words are canadian synonyms for the general known words for hat and boots? Mhh... good to know. I always try and get my words right when I talk to the "indigenous" people.

Comment

Originally posted by helen450 View Post

I'll be bringing oatmeal raisin cookies to share with everyone.
                            Do you buy these cookies or from where do you bring them? Because I wonder, if I fly in from Europe will there be any problems with customs about food you bring into the country? some countries don't allow any food brought into the country for example AUS/NZ. SO what about Canada? I don't think I will have the chance to bake cookies in my motel room. Buying them will be then the only chance.

Comment

Do you buy these cookies or from where do you bring them? Because I wonder, if I fly in from Europe will there be any problems with customs about food you bring into the country? some countries don't allow any food brought into the country for example AUS/NZ. SO what about Canada? I don't think I will have the chance to bake cookies in my motel room. Buying them will be then the only chance.
                              I bake the cookies myself. I don't have to cross any national borders to get to the convention so I'm not worried. However, I have brought food across borders in my suitcase before and it has never been confiscated. Even if you are searched, the worst they can do is confiscate it. But you should only do what you feel comfortable doing. There's no "baked-goods entrance fee" to this party.

Comment

Ah, lucky you helen450 that you have only a short ride to the con. I would like to have the same condition. But I don't wanna whine. I am happy and excited to go to the con and also to be in Vancouver. I will go happily thousands of miles to see my favorite stargate actors. So nothing to complain about. Let's see if I will sneek in some of my own cookies to keep me running throughout the event. Maybe sample some of the other offered treats. Love to test.

Comment

Working...
                                X