Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
    4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
    Thursday April 26, 2012
    Time: 7:00pm
    Attendees:
    mamasue9
    Camelot7414
    Geoi McKay
    MylittleEli
    Doublecut
    AnnieS
    Nut_ty
    hlndncr
    Krisz
    silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
    Scarym1
    Starbird
    Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
    SabrinaB - very excited
    Nynaeve69+1
    CareBear
    Clairec007
    Arctic Goddess +2
    Rivers
    Maidenhead Reds
    Picardythirds
    helen450
    SeiyaTheLeaper
    slamaina (aka Slam)
    lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian
    shipcat
    syncline +2
    Korean_Turtle87
    Nirrti
    iheartcam +1

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    mamasue9
    Dr. Carson Beckett
    Camelot7414
    Krisz
    Geoi McKay
    Snowflake + 3
    silvercomet
    Scarym1
    AnnieS + 1 maybe
    Nynaeve69 +1
    MylittleEli
    SabrinaB
    Starbird
    Clairec007
    Jian
    picardythirds
    nakedwesley
    knightie
    Vecturist
    SGAFan + 1
    Hoschi
    Lea
    helen450
    Nut_ty

hlndncr
    Dimonah Tralon
    CareBear
    RinkRat
    Arctic Goddess +2
    taris-eirien
    dakodia
    SweetTart
    Ovolactopesco
    Rivers
    Vala-Mal-Doran
    Maidenhead Reds
    SeiyaTheLeaper
    slamaina (aka Slam) +1
    lemonpiefirefly +1

shipcat

syncline +2
    Korean_Turtle87
    Nirrti
    iheartcam +1
    Triskele925 + Triskele's Mom

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 20*
    GateWorld Forum ID: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ateSGUcopy.jpg
    *extended menu submission date*

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
      Is anyone still looking for extra roomies at the con hotel, to share the cost? I have a friend who is desperately looking for a bed.
      Have sent you a PM!!!!!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Creation hands out lanyards for the gold and preferred tickets. I know the day passes just get a colored wristband. I don't remember if the general admission weekend tickets get one. I have a plastic badge cover with a clip for mine that I picked up at Office Max.
        This begs the question as to whether we need badges for the dinner on Thursday. If we don't get lanyards until after we register, most won't have them yet, so will have to bring one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
          This begs the question as to whether we need badges for the dinner on Thursday. If we don't get lanyards until after we register, most won't have them yet, so will have to bring one.
          I figured most people will go to registration first then come to the dinner. If not registering on Thursday, then I guess it would be a good idea to buy a lanyard in advance or find a way to make the GW ID visible on your person. The GW ID is absolutely required for the GateWorld dinner(s).

Comment

And how do I get this GW ID? What do i have to do for it?

@silvercomet: how much does it cost the Trek-Gate-to-Your-star with M. Shanks? And when does it take place and where? I couldn't find any info about that.

Comment

http://www.trekgatetoyourstar.com/

Premium tickets already sold out...and Meet & Greet tickets with Michael also already sold out...

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                And apparently I'm clearly not a Canadian. Don't appreciate those low temperatures.
                Temperatures in Canada are given in Celsius as opposed to Farenheit, so it will certainly make it seem a lot colder than it really is. Given the geographical location of Vancouver, the difference in temprature from places like Seattle or Bellingham would really be quite negligible. The temperature won't really drop 20+ degrees after crossing the border. However, BC weather is quite unpredictable so don't put all your faith into any supposed "long term" forecasts, as those are really only valid for an average 15 minute period.

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
                mamasue9 has been providing the link recently:

Comment

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
                  I've posted a link to the GW ID at the bottom of the dinner list. Save it to your computer then using a photo shop program add your avatar(if you want) and username. I'd ask around to see if anyone can help you if you can't do it yourself. My free trial of adobe photoshop expired awhile back so I can't help.

my sample:

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    http://www.trekgatetoyourstar.com/

Premium tickets already sold out...and Meet & Greet tickets with Michael also already sold out...

Deeds xx
                    Oooooooh...that looks like a great opportunity to go home to Germany for a vacation

Comment

I've posted a link to the GW ID at the bottom of the dinner list.
                      Thank you for your help. Sorry I didn't check the bottom of the dinner list. Otherwise I would have found this new attachment earlier. actually you don't need adobe photo shop to make adjustments to the ID card. I used the common known Excel- it's easy and you can do all the changes you like in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                        Oooooooh...that looks like a great opportunity to go home to Germany for a vacation
                        Just checked the date and then I was oh so sad..... In september I will be already back to work for two month and not set foot on any earth soil longer than for a few hours. It's the destiny of a seaman!

Comment

I've posted a link to the GW ID at the bottom of the dinner list. Save it to your computer then using a photo shop program add your avatar(if you want) and username. I'd ask around to see if anyone can help you if you can't do it yourself. My free trial of adobe photoshop expired awhile back so I can't help.

my sample:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34384[/ATTACH]

I would love some help with my GW badge. I don't have a photoshop program or excel.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                            I would love some help with my GW badge. I don't have a photoshop program or excel.
                            I've spent the last hour or so working with excel. It doesn't have the text effects that photoshop has. Pm me what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                              There's also a program called GIMP that you can download for free, since it's open source, which is what I use for most of my media including my badge. It has similar functionality to photoshop though some of the controls are a bit different than what you may be used to if you use photoshop normally. You can get it at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ for pretty much any operating system including windows and mac.

Comment

Originally posted by helen450 View Post
                                Me me me!!!
                                Excellent. Come and find me.

Actually, you should all come and visit the party row, row L
                                I have just purchased the ingredients for my treats (blue jello and brownie decorating supplies) and would love to share.

Comment

Working...
                                X