No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time next week I will be in Toronto for my 3 hour stop over on the way to Vancouver.

The long range forecast (until next tuesday) for Vancouver has it around it between 11 & 15C/52 - 59F with scattered showers & variable cloudyness. That is practically Balmy.
    sigpic
    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Very jealous of you all but I'm all kinds of my own excited for that same weekend in Calgary. SO

LAST EFFORT TO DITCH MY GOLD TICKET, SEAT F15 TO ANY TAKERS.
      CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.
      Someone. ANYONE. Please, make me an offer I can't refuse. Pretty please...

and sorry for the interruption. Please continue on with your regularly scheduled planning.....

Comment

When do you think the schedule will be on the website??

One week to go!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
          When do you think the schedule will be on the website??

One week to go!!

I think last year it was 2 or 3 days before the con, so Tuesday/Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by dre bombay View Post
            Very jealous of you all but I'm all kinds of my own excited for that same weekend in Calgary. SO

LAST EFFORT TO DITCH MY GOLD TICKET, SEAT F15 TO ANY TAKERS.
            CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.
            Someone. ANYONE. Please, make me an offer I can't refuse. Pretty please...

and sorry for the interruption. Please continue on with your regularly scheduled planning.....
            I am guessing that you are going to the Comic Expo!
            Did you get your ST:TNG tickets?
            Have fun and we will miss you in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
              This time next week I will be in Toronto for my 3 hour stop over on the way to Vancouver.

The long range forecast (until next tuesday) for Vancouver has it around it between 11 & 15C/52 - 59F with scattered showers & variable cloudyness. That is practically Balmy.
              That's the kind of pattern it seems to have settled into. We've had plenty of scattered showers that's for sure. I started out with bright sunshine when I left work in Cloverdale today, as soon as I get to Maple Ridge, there's the rain waiting for me! The other day a guy was sitting in his living room in Pitt Meadows, and a lightning bolt blew through his roof hitting the floor 10 feet from where he was sitting! That was from the same storm clouds I was looking at out of my living room window!

I'm really hoping it will warm up a bit more for the con, some nice Vancouver sun in lovely blue skies will make all the difference, and there's been some lovely warm sunny springs since I've lived here. It's just really annoying if the heavy grey skies settle over the place for days and rains for all the days of the con. It's Vancouver and you never know unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post

It's supposed to close to 100F here. Hopefully I don't get too many funny looks at the airport with all my winter gear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  It's supposed to close to 100F here. Hopefully I don't get too many funny looks at the airport with all my winter gear.
                  Knowing the TSA at Phoenix Skyharbor, "where do you think you're going with that stuff"?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                    I find the temperature quite toasty in Vancouver. I do have to say though that we still have -16 degrees were I live
                    Today, though there was an IMPRESSIVE hailstorm, I was able to get around in a light jacket. Last week i was able to ditch the jacket and only wear a sweater. So it is pretty spring like up here.

Also, i was in the mall adjoining the hilton today and let me tell you, there are some tastey dishes in the mostly asian food court. Cheap too. I will be heading there for lunch next week!!! Who's up for a culinary adventure?

In other news, I also found out that parking is $ 10 per day.

Comment

Is anyone still looking for extra roomies at the con hotel, to share the cost? I have a friend who is desperately looking for a bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

OMG, has Creation just added this (or did I miss it completely in the past?)

Siblings Photo Op: David and Kate Hewlett and YOU! $75 Sunday

There goes my plan not spending so much money this time. I can't pass on this opportunity! Just need a funny idea for the photo.

And apparently I'm clearly not a Canadian. Don't appreciate those low temperatures.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        Yeap...I'm old school and adore seeing the Original SG-1 guys on stage..I'm lucky have seen them all at least once somewhere and I've got Michael to look forward to in November this year @ Chevron....and I've seen Amanda this Feb too....Chris I can meet at LFCC and RDA was at Chevron 7.6...Deeds xx
                        So, you're not coming to Trek-Gate-To-Your-Star in Germany with Michael?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                          So, you're not coming to Trek-Gate-To-Your-Star in Germany with Michael?

Not as of yet.....Chevron 7.9 is the only one booked......got a lot of expense with a 2-3 room renovation at home this year and planning a multi-mega West Coast Road Trip in the Summer of 2013.....so any Con/vacation money I save will go on those two first and foremost..

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                            who's up for a culinary adventure?
                            Me me me!!!

Comment

Do you need to bring a lanyard for your ID?
                              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                                Do you need to bring a lanyard for your ID?
                                Creation hands out lanyards for the gold and preferred tickets. I know the day passes just get a colored wristband. I don't remember if the general admission weekend tickets get one. I have a plastic badge cover with a clip for mine that I picked up at Office Max.

Comment

Working...
                                X