X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Nirrti

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
      Welcome all! I know you're going to have a fantastic time!

You mean the guest list on the Creation site isn't final?
      That's correct.

EDT: I have been in contact with one of them.
      Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 07 April 2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Do Vancouver cabs take US dollars? Is there any reason to actually get money exchanged to Canadian?
        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

i've heard mention that you bring or buy from vendors pictures for autograph. Does that mean even if you pay for an autograph there is no picture included and you HAVE to bring something yourself? How are the vendor prices?
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
            i've heard mention that you bring or buy from vendors pictures for autograph. Does that mean even if you pay for an autograph there is no picture included and you HAVE to bring something yourself? How are the vendor prices?
            Pictures are not normally included for the ones Creation sells. Not sure about the ones that sell their auto's in the dealer room (ie Robert Picardo, Andee Frizzell, etc) From what I remember, they were about $6-7 each in Chicago.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, you'll be paying for things like cab fare, meals etc in Candian dollars. I think the front desk of the hotel will change money. However, I usually get some to start with at my local bank here in the US before I even fly out. Exchange rates at the airport are the absolute worst.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                Yes, you'll be paying for things like cab fare, meals etc in Candian dollars. I think the front desk of the hotel will change money. However, I usually get some to start with at my local bank here in the US before I even fly out. Exchange rates at the airport are the absolute worst.
                Haha! I checked with my bank about getting some Canadian currency before I left and they were just like, "Uh, no. We don't do that.", which basically says to me, "You're effed." Small town bank. Can't expect them to be able to do everything, I reckon.

OMG! I'm so stoked right now! I am going to be sitting in a room with David Hewlett! I have been trying to imagine how that's going to really feel for real, and I can compare it to meeting Nick Frost, but I don't know how cool or engaging David will actually be. So scary. I'm talking of the meet & greet of course. The panel will be so fun in comparison. I hope I don't make a tool of myself. I hope to meet some other DH M&G attendees before actually going in there.
                sigpic
                "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                  Haha! I checked with my bank about getting some Canadian currency before I left and they were just like, "Uh, no. We don't do that.", which basically says to me, "You're effed." Small town bank. Can't expect them to be able to do everything, I reckon.

OMG! I'm so stoked right now! I am going to be sitting in a room with David Hewlett! I have been trying to imagine how that's going to really feel for real, and I can compare it to meeting Nick Frost, but I don't know how cool or engaging David will actually be. So scary. I'm talking of the meet & greet of course. The panel will be so fun in comparison. I hope I don't make a tool of myself. I hope to meet some other DH M&G attendees before actually going in there.
                  My local AAA travel office has trip currency packs. I bet they have Canadian. I'll have to check.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                    Do Vancouver cabs take US dollars? Is there any reason to actually get money exchanged to Canadian?
                    I arrived about 1:30am at the bus station and didn't have any Canadian money, so the taxi driver did take American dollars.

Comment

I'd like to make a suggestion about photos for autographs. Some actors will be supplying their own photos to be autographed, so doublecheck with the actor/actress rep before going on a buying spree. You may be able to get a photo op pic autographed, but it would depend on if it gets developed in time for the autograph session.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        I would like to give a heads up....there are about 5 more people that will added to the convention list after Easter. This will be a very busy convention...
                        OMG!! PANIC! What to do? so many things to see, experience, city to visit, things to buy, people to meet, panels to watch, autographs to get, pictures taken....AND NOT ENOUGH TIME!! AAHHHHH!! In fact this is the feeling I slowly get, especially if the guest list becomes bigger. I love that there will be more stars, but I hope all is manageable with everything going on. But I also think this is such a huge event and they don't do this kind of thing the first time, so it is probably good organized.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                          David is usually pretty relaxed and chatty, so I don't think you'll have too much to worry about. If you don't feel like talking, you can sit back and listen, and enjoy the view. I have a few friends who are going to the M&G. If I see you around, I'll introduce you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                            For sure!! thinking maybe we should shun Kriz, as she seems to think I am old.....(don't worry Kris, luv yu forever, and you know it )
                            but hey, at least you can turn around and make faces at me all night, and if your lucky, i might have treats under my seat
                            *perks up*
                            I like treats. Expect a visit from me. Last week the school I teach at had a cabaret night and one of the treats brought in were these little brownie squares with various music notes and signs. I may just have to make some for stargate. Any suggestions for small signs I could put on top of my brownies?

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            Again, if you arrive the day before and have the time, check out Vancouver Bullion and Currency Exchange (http://www.vbce.ca/index.cfm?fuseact...ess.contact_us) as they have the best exchange rates in town.

For those of you planing on taking the skytrain, you could ride the Canada Line until Waterfront (the last station), go exchange your money at the pender street location, and then hop on the train towards metrotown. Alternatively the richmond branch is also easy to get to (it's at the other end of the Canada line).

They do operate on bank hours though, so make sure you get there before closing time!

PM me if you need help!

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me. I still try to orientate me here, lots of stuff to read.

For I'm not a native English speaker, please apologize any mistakes regarding the language.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              Welcome to GW and the thread. What is your seat number? I can add you to the seating chart and you can see where in relation to all of us you are sitting.
                              My seat number is E9. Anyone near me?

Comment

Five more people!!!!! Holy hannah!!!!!
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X