Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    I have to admit buying a ticket is a bit of a gamble this early without any guests. I did find it interesting that there weren't that many rows of gold - is Creation actually limiting the number of gold seats or do they simply think this will be a small con? It would be nice if they pulled out all the stops for Vancouver since it doesn't appear to be the case for LA.
    It would be nice if a photo op was included in the Gold ticket and/or the bus tour.

Comment

Ok I did it. My first trip to Vancouver was to Creation and I suspect this might be my last (keep saying that!).

Booked last night and got row B. Love the idea of booking your own seat! wish everyone did that.

So then I went on Air Canada's website expecting a shock and got a return trip for £550! so have done that too incase the price went up. Booked hotel too so thankyou Mr. Credit card.

Now to cross fingers for guests. Robert Carlyle would be amazing, but not that bothered as long as I get to meet up with my friends and get to see this amazing city once more.

See you all there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
        Ok I did it. My first trip to Vancouver was to Creation and I suspect this might be my last (keep saying that!).

Booked last night and got row B. Love the idea of booking your own seat! wish everyone did that.

So then I went on Air Canada's website expecting a shock and got a return trip for £550! so have done that too incase the price went up. Booked hotel too so thankyou Mr. Credit card.

Now to cross fingers for guests. Robert Carlyle would be amazing, but not that bothered as long as I get to meet up with my friends and get to see this amazing city once more.

See you all there.
        Great to hear you decided to come, the spur of the moment thing got you too, what would we do without the old credit card!

I think it's going to be good as it looks like more and more people are deciding to come for the final bash and say goodbye to Vancouver, hopefully not for the last time despite there being no Stargate related stuff going on. There's still some of us Stargate fans to meet up with that remain in Vancouver!

Be the last trip the 'Koralev' makes to take people on a location tour, if anyone is interested (room for 4 in the car). I thought this time it could be an SGU related one, go out a bit further afield and people can see a bit more of the area around Vancouver and Burnaby who want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

Be the last trip the 'Koralev' makes to take people on a location tour, if anyone is interested (room for 4 in the car). I thought this time it could be an SGU related one, go out a bit further afield and people can see a bit more of the area around Vancouver and Burnaby who want to.
          Count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post

See you all there.
            I'll be great to see you again!

Comment

Usually I'm the first person who says "It depends on the guests" when it comes to cons. But this being the last Van SG con? I (almost) don't care. There are a lot of SG actors I like to see. So I just assume there will be "a few" who'll make the trip even more exciting.

Love it that the con is scheduled at the end of April. I hope I'll be able to stay for a week after the con. Will be my first May-Vancouver-visit.

With so much time left I'm optimistic about getting a good flight offer. And I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express - like last year. Just don't like the Vancouver Hilton...

I was wondering about the reduced Gold rows as well. It looks as if Creation doesn't trust that there will be a run on the tickets. Well, I wouldn't mind a smaller con. Might be less stressful/rushed.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              I think it's going to be good as it looks like more and more people are deciding to come for the final bash and say goodbye to Vancouver, hopefully not for the last time despite there being no Stargate related stuff going on. There's still some of us Stargate fans to meet up with that remain in Vancouver!
              Yeah, some kind of a reunion. Since I'm a Vancouver fan I surely hope I'll be able to visit Vancouver again - even without a con. An interesting con would be just the icing on the cake.
              sigpic

Comment

If this is the end of any Stargate-related con in Vancouver, then I'm glad I will have managed to attend these last two. I had already purchased my ticket at this year's con, so now I'm just saving up to be able to afford to get as many photo ops as possible. I definitely plan to have the best time possible and I would totally love it if THE Richard Dean Anderson was on hand for the final bow.

I do remember getting an email response from Adam, though, that the con wasn't "going away" just "changing" but he couldn't say anything else so... maybe because the show is no longer in production, there will no longer be any "official" Stargate cons.

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                I was wondering about the reduced Gold rows as well. It looks as if Creation doesn't trust that there will be a run on the tickets. Well, I wouldn't mind a smaller con. Might be less stressful/rushed.
                I agree. I managed to snag one of the last Gold seats at this past con, so I was stuck in Row G. Thankfully, when I got my upgraded seat for the 2012 con, I was able to move up to Row B. Having been in Row A at the recent Star Trek con, I think I prefer Row B as Row A is just a bit TOO close as you usually get a better view if you're a bit further back from the stage, but the convenience of being able to leave and return to my seat with ease made up for it.

Between Wall Center and Metrotown, I think I prefer Metrotown if only for the ease of commuting via SkyTrain and having a large selection of restaurants just across the street. The ballroom is definitely smaller than Wall Center's, but I think it would take superstar headliners (like William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy at last year's Star Trek con, this year's was considerably smaller) to draw a huge crowd.

Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Comment

Just bought gold weekend tickets for myself and Triskele. One more chance to see all our Stargate friends!

Comment

Usually I'm the first person who says "It depends on the guests" when it comes to cons. But this being the last Van SG con? I (almost) don't care. There are a lot of SG actors I like to see. So I just assume there will be "a few" who'll make the trip even more exciting.

Love it that the con is scheduled at the end of April. I hope I'll be able to stay for a week after the con. Will be my first May-Vancouver-visit.

I always have fun at Van con. I am glad they went back to 3 days though. 4 was stretching it, especially with no set tours. I'm happy it's later in the month too. Maybe we'll see more sun than in previous years. Or less snow.

I thought this year was nice and relaxed, at least partially due to smaller attendance. I didn't feel rushed at all, and the guests were all awesome as usual. I'm just sad we're losing both west coast cons, just after I moved out here. LOL! Hopefully we'll still get a con with some Stargate content in the future.
                    sigpic

Comment

I said that Vancouver 2011 would be my last con.

I lied. ; )
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post

I lied. ; )
                        You had your fingers crossed, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Haha. If I had a Gold Ticket for every time I've said I'm not coming back, I could put on my own convention. Of course, if Joe doesn't come, I'll have to sell!
                          sigpic

Comment

Created a price alarm for the flight. But with so much time left until the con I'm positive I'll get a good deal.

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                            I agree. I managed to snag one of the last Gold seats at this past con, so I was stuck in Row G. Thankfully, when I got my upgraded seat for the 2012 con, I was able to move up to Row B. Having been in Row A at the recent Star Trek con, I think I prefer Row B as Row A is just a bit TOO close as you usually get a better view if you're a bit further back from the stage, but the convenience of being able to leave and return to my seat with ease made up for it.

Between Wall Center and Metrotown, I think I prefer Metrotown if only for the ease of commuting via SkyTrain and having a large selection of restaurants just across the street.
                            Congratulations on that upgrade!

Well, I'm short. So one time it happened that even in row B I couldn't see properly. The chairs were standing on a (for me) bad spot. Row A is still the best row for me. But B isn't really bad either.

I love the Metrotown area.

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                            I always have fun at Van con. I am glad they went back to 3 days though. 4 was stretching it, especially with no set tours. I'm happy it's later in the month too. Maybe we'll see more sun than in previous years. Or less snow.

I'm just sad we're losing both west coast cons, just after I moved out here. LOL! Hopefully we'll still get a con with some Stargate content in the future.
                            I especially liked the 4-days-con. We met actors on Thursday one usually doesn't see at a con. And the Cocktail event was fun as well.

Yes, it seems you moved into the wrong direction.

I lied. ; )
                            Guess we all become a liar from time to time when it comes to cons. This is my first year I haven't said this sentence "I won't come back next year". I've learnt "my lesson".
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to make Vancouver stargate as much as I absolutely loved it. But...I'm coming. Volunteering but coming
                              ______________________________________________________________
                              Conventions in 2011

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural
                              August - Boston - Supernatural
                              August - Chicago - Stargate
                              September - Chicago - Star Trek
                              October - Chicago - Supernatural
                              November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
                              March - Burbank - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

I lied. ; )
                                WHEEEEE!!!!!! C'mon Joe. txTart really wants to see you again!!!

I love the Metrotown area.
                                I do too. Very handy with the food court, and grocery store across the street.

I especially liked the 4-days-con. We met actors on Thursday one usually doesn't see at a con. And the Cocktail event was fun as well.
                                This is true. I enjoy those unique panels. I never tried to cocktail party.

Yes, it seems you moved into the wrong direction.
                                Also true, although quite a few SGA actors now live in my area. Not that I run into them on the street or anything...sadly. If I lived in the UK I would be going to cons all the time. Er, I mean, more than I do here even.

Originally posted by hollie54208 View Post
                                I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to make Vancouver stargate as much as I absolutely loved it. But...I'm coming. Volunteering but coming
                                What job do they usually give you when you volunteer. Do you get to see any of the talks?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X