No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT's a great idea to let them sign the DVD cover. Man, so many thinks to pack and to think about and so little time left until tuesday 24th!

The pre-registration takes place in the Hilton hotel? I am a little bit scared I don't read or notice something important and then I will miss out on some of the exciting stuff. I am a little bit freaked out! can't wait for the con but hope i thought about all my equipment and all necessary information. AHHHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      The minder will most likely make you select one item if you have several items, unless you buy extra tickets for each item..
      Oh, I only have like one item for her to sign. It should be covered under the cost of the autograph right? I guess I could bring my ADB poster to have signed. I'd totally pay another $20 if I do happen to bring that. But hey, they take American Dollars at the con, don't they?
      sigpic
      "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
        Oh, I only have like one item for her to sign. It should be covered under the cost of the autograph right? I guess I could bring my ADB poster to have signed. I'd totally pay another $20 if I do happen to bring that. But hey, they take American Dollars at the con, don't they?
        Yes, they take american because its an american company, and they have their credit card machines. I also have an ADB poster that I won in 2007 at a Stargate Jeopardy game. It has Ryan Robbins autograph, so I should try to get other actors to sign it, and I might give it to doublecut to be used for a prize at the Sunday night GW dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
          The pre-registration takes place in the Hilton hotel?
          Yes, if you enter from the McKay Ave. entrance, there will be a sign by the escalator directing people towards the convention. Where you'll want to go is to the top of the SECOND escalator and, unless you are one of the lucky ones to have scored a VIP pass or have just happened to get there early, hope the line isn't TOO long by that point.

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
          Yeah, they'll sign whatever you would like them to sign so you don't HAVE To buy any pictures they may bring, they basically provide the option in the event that you didn't bring anything. As for currency, yes, they tend to accept both American and Canadian funds at the same rate since they're basically at par as it is.

OH! For anybody who has won a meet and greet auction before, when I got my receipt it said to bring it along with photo ID, so... do I trade it in at registration for the appropriate M&G tickets? It wasn't particularly clear on that.

Comment

Not to open old wounds, but one year Creation only allowed MGM licensed merchandise to be autographed. We didn't find out until the convention started.

Comment

For the M&G, bring the receipt and your ID - they generally have a list of winners and will just match your name and ID to the list.
              sigpic

Comment

The pre-registration takes place in the Hilton hotel? I am a little bit scared I don't read or notice something important and then I will miss out on some of the exciting stuff. I am a little bit freaked out! can't wait for the con but hope i thought about all my equipment and all necessary information. AHHHHHH!
                Don't worry about it, come out to the dinner at red Robins, someone will help you figure your schedule out
                Music and Stargate
                sigpic
                Perfection

Comment

this is my first time i join a forum and everything here is still really new. so please excuse me when i make mistakes.

I come from Germany and bought gold tickets for the convention. THIS will be also my first time at a convention at all. I am really excited to see all my favorite stars, even though most of SG1 are missing. I read a lot about the do and don'ts at conventions but I still feel like I have no idea whats going on. I would appreciate any tips and help.
                  I also read here in the thread about the gateworld dinner. What is happening there and would you advice to go there? Is there also some kind of meet and greet of the gateworld members during the convention?
                  I have no problem to go alone to the convention but usually it is much more fun to do it as a group and I like to meet fellow nice, crazy and loveable stargate fans.

greetings from german
                  Guten Tach shipcat. My nickname is Slam and I'll be a volunteer (again) at the Con. I went my first year with a Gold ticket but have volunteered since. I go to many conventions (see my signature) so I'll be happy to help you. I am nice, crazy and loveable and a big fan of Stargate.

Go to the GateWorld get together on Thursday. It is a great way to meet people and make friends to hang out with. Don't worry about the registration unless you are buying additional extras and you are afraid they will sell out. If you have purchase confirmations that can't give your tickets away. (I know many people disagree with this.)

Your seats are assigned so you don't have to line up for the auditorium ahead of time.

The dealer room is the lobby outside the auditorium. They take American money, credit cards, and usually Canadian money. Creation has a table of official photos, a table of autographed photos, and a t-shirt table. There are sometime tables for individual actors but not usually any that are included in the ticket packages. There are very few other venders (if any).

For photo ops there is a beginning time but no end time. I would suggest going a little early. Some people like to be last in line but don't wait too long because the photo ops end when the line does. If you miss your photo op they sometime can get the actor back but it is not a given.

Autographs are usually at the end of the day but before the evening events. You wait but in your seat and they call you up by rows. It can be a long wait but at least you sitting. Usually they have planned the time that there is time for dinner before the evening event. Creation sell pictures of everyone that will be autographing (except if the actor has their own table).

The evening events, breakfasts, and meet and greets do not have assigned seating. Get there a little early but don't be crazy about it. The usual set up is tables with 10 seats leaving one empty for the actor (sometimes it is 11 seats).

In general, the events on the schedule don't conflict so there is not choosing one thing over another.

In the evening most people hang at the bar. In the past sometimes that actors come but it is not a given because it is not something required of them. Many of them drove in and have families to get home to. If you see an actor in the bar, be respectful.

There is plenty of free time in the morning (except if you are going to the breakfast). You can sleep in. Get a big breakfast. The hotel has a buffet that is quite good plus they have off the menu. There is also a food court next door. Or you can go sightseeing until the Con starts.

Go to the GateWorld Dinner on Sunday. I don't know what the plan is but it is always great fun.

The Location Tour with Lynn Smith (by Creation) is worth it.

At this point I would usually say, make plans to go back next year but since this is the last one in Vancouver... Okay, make plans to be at the Chicago one.

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                  Yes, if you enter from the McKay Ave. entrance, there will be a sign by the escalator directing people towards the convention. Where you'll want to go is to the top of the SECOND escalator and, unless you are one of the lucky ones to have scored a VIP pass or have just happened to get there early, hope the line isn't TOO long by that point.

Yeah, they'll sign whatever you would like them to sign so you don't HAVE To buy any pictures they may bring, they basically provide the option in the event that you didn't bring anything. As for currency, yes, they tend to accept both American and Canadian funds at the same rate since they're basically at par as it is.

OH! For anybody who has won a meet and greet auction before, when I got my receipt it said to bring it along with photo ID, so... do I trade it in at registration for the appropriate M&G tickets? It wasn't particularly clear on that.
                  Bring your ID and your printed out confirmation to the meet and greet. It will be checked there.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Not to open old wounds, but one year Creation only allowed MGM licensed merchandise to be autographed. We didn't find out until the convention started.
                  It is a pain when they do that, I agree but as far as I know it was only that one year. All the stuff Creation sells is licensed. Usually it is a volunteer at the table with the actor and we have to do as we are told but personally we don't care what you get signed, so go easy on us. We are there because we are fans like you. Your ticket gets you 1 autograph. The actor has the right to refuse to sign something. I have only seen it happen once. Someone made a picture that was "suggestive" and the actor said no but they were allow to get something else signed.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  For the M&G, bring the receipt and your ID - they generally have a list of winners and will just match your name and ID to the list.
                  We have a list at the door to the Meet and Greet. Bring your ID and confirmation with you.

I am only a volunteer for Creation. I do not work for them or get paid by them so anything I said is from a fan and not official.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                  (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                  Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Just to be perfectly clear, it wasn't me with a manipped picture. Mine was an exact picture that was sold at the vendors table, but it didn't have the MGM logo on it.

Comment

Thank you Slam for all this information. Now I feel a little bit more prepared for the convention. But I probably will get overwhelmed again when I actually land in Vancouver. My excitement is huge already and I think there is a big probability that I will not sleep the night before the con. Or the other way around and I will oversleep because I am already so exhausted because of the days of waiting before.

When I saw your signature with all your attended convention I got a little bit jealous. You must have tons of stories to tell! Would love to meet you at the gateworld dinner on thursday.

I have booked also the location tour on monday and it is pretty sad that none of the stages are standing anymore. A set tour would have been the cherry on top of my birthday cake (I bought the con tickets as my own personal birthday present for me and it is great that it takes place so close to my birthday on 25.4.).

so thanks again for all the great advice here from everyone and can't wait to meet you all. this will be the first time that I am only one of many. usually with my friends I am the most franatic, obsessive and dedicated regarding STARGATE or general TV shows. Great to be normal!

Comment

Normal? We are not....normal.

Just kidding. You will have a great time.

Ooooooo! Colours! Pretty!......mmmmmmmm....
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Normal? We are not....normal.

Just kidding. You will have a great time.

Ooooooo! Colours! Pretty!......mmmmmmmm....
                          Now, AG. What did I tell you about getting on the internet after eating shrooms?
                          sigpic
                          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

ooooooooooooooooo.....hang on a second. I did I read right that I will need to have American dollars with me if I want to buy stuff? Even at the Vancouver Con? confusing especially to those of us who live here.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                              ooooooooooooooooo.....hang on a second. I did I read right that I will need to have American dollars with me if I want to buy stuff? Even at the Vancouver Con? confusing especially to those of us who live here.
                              Creation will accept Canadian money(cash), but if you pay with a credit card, you'll be charged the conversion fee.

Comment

Thank you Slam for all this information. Now I feel a little bit more prepared for the convention. But I probably will get overwhelmed again when I actually land in Vancouver. My excitement is huge already and I think there is a big probability that I will not sleep the night before the con. Or the other way around and I will oversleep because I am already so exhausted because of the days of waiting before.

When I saw your signature with all your attended convention I got a little bit jealous. You must have tons of stories to tell! Would love to meet you at the gateworld dinner on thursday.

I have booked also the location tour on monday and it is pretty sad that none of the stages are standing anymore. A set tour would have been the cherry on top of my birthday cake (I bought the con tickets as my own personal birthday present for me and it is great that it takes place so close to my birthday on 25.4.).

so thanks again for all the great advice here from everyone and can't wait to meet you all. this will be the first time that I am only one of many. usually with my friends I am the most franatic, obsessive and dedicated regarding STARGATE or general TV shows. Great to be normal!
                                The first years I went the Con was for my birthday 4-4. (The Con used to be earlier in the month.) Make sure you find me and say hi. Thurs night I'll buy you a birthday beer in the bar.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                                (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                                Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Working...
                                X