No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(My name fell off the list at some point, lol. Just putting it back.)

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
    4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
    Thursday April 26, 2012
    Time: 7:00pm
    Attendees:
    mamasue9
    Camelot7414
    Geoi McKay
    MylittleEli
    Doublecut
    AnnieS
    Nut_ty
    hlndncr
    Krisz
    silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
    Scarym1
    Starbird
    Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
    SabrinaB - very excited
    Nynaeve69+1
    CareBear
    Clairec007
    Arctic Goddess +2
    Rivers
    Maidenhead Reds
    Picardythirds
    helen450
    SeiyaTheLeaper
    slamaina (aka Slam)
    lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian
    shipcat
    syncline

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    mamasue9
    Dr. Carson Beckett
    Camelot7414
    Krisz
    Geoi McKay
    Snowflake + 3
    silvercomet
    Scarym1
    AnnieS + 1 maybe
    Nynaeve69 +1
    MylittleEli
    SabrinaB
    Starbird
    Clairec007
    Jian
    picardythirds
    nakedwesley
    knightie
    Vecturist
    SGAFan + 1
    Hoschi
    Lea
    helen450
    Nut_ty

hlndncr
    Dimonah Tralon
    CareBear
    llp
    RinkRat
    Arctic Goddess +2
    taris-eirien
    dakodia
    SweetTart
    Ovolactopesco
    Rivers
    Vala-Mal-Doran
    Maidenhead Reds
    SeiyaTheLeaper
    slamaina (aka Slam) +1
    lemonpiefirefly +1

shipcat

syncline

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Comment

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
      I would also suggest getting any photos you may want autographed (as well as autograph tickets) as early as possible (pre-registration is great for this) though with several guests offering autographs directly, they will have their own selection of photos for you to choose from and is usually cheaper than buying one from Creation's vendor table and then buying the autograph.

I read on the convention site that most of the autographs of the main convention acts are included in the gold ticket. So what does it mean for the pre-registration and when does the pre-registration take place? I am not so interested in the pictures, rather in the panels to see my favorite stars live. I really hope they can manage to put flanigan and hewlett on the same stage. they have a great dynamic and are hilarious together.
      The pre-reg happens on the Thursday night and is where everyone gets their credentials (passes, wristbands, etc.). And as they have done for the last 2 conventions. No doubt they will have Joe and David on Stage together. In 2010 they changed David's day just so they could do this. And lastyear they had Joe, David and Paul on stage together. And there is a photo-op that includes you along with Joe, David and Paul. They had this one lastyear and a shot with Joe and David in 2010.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Psst.....there's a link to the menu just above the "guest list". I've contacted doublecut to see if I should post a link for the Red Robin menu.

umm.
        Music and Stargate
        sigpic
        Perfection

Comment

The pre-reg happens on the Thursday night and is where everyone gets their credentials (passes, wristbands, etc.).

But if the gateworld dinner is at the same day as the pre-registration, how can I get my pre-registration organized? or does these two event not interfere?

Comment

The pre-reg happens on the Thursday night and is where everyone gets their credentials (passes, wristbands, etc.).

But if the gateworld dinner is at the same day as the pre-registration, how can I get my pre-registration organized? or does these two event not interfere?
            Go to the pre-reg first then come to the dinner. On the Creation site, they will announce if there will be pre-reg when they post a convention schedule.

Comment

Go to the pre-reg first then come to the dinner. On the Creation site, they will announce if there will be pre-reg when they post a convention schedule.
              Looks like last year's pre-reg was 7-10 so a bunch of may be late to the dinner.
              sigpic

Comment

Since I have Preferred I may just wait till Friday morning.
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                  Since I have Preferred I may just wait till Friday morning.
                  I'll be buying what I need on Friday also. Not only will I need to be at Red Robin to set up, but who knows when JM will show up.

Comment

I'll be buying what I need on Friday also. Not only will I need to be at Red Robin to set up, but who knows when JM will show up.
                    Exactly, I for one don't want to miss my chance to meet him. I am so EXCITED!!!!
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too Shipcat!

Always nice to add new faces to the group of great Stargate fans! You will have a great time, I went to my first ever convention all on my own and it was everyone on this thread that helped me feel very welcome and I didn't feel I was going in there not knowing anyone even though I'd never seen them in person!

The get together meals are a great way to meet people I agree. It's just so easy to talk about your favourite subject with like minded people!

I've got a gold pass and will register on the Friday, I found that it was a lot easier and I still got all the photo ops I wanted and I didn't have to wait ages in line. Although I have to say that the pre-registration line is another great way to get chatting with people around you.

One month to go, hasn't time flown by!

I'm still holding out for decent weather for the con, it's got to change within a month?! The wind and rain the last couple of days is the Vancouver weather just being silly now!

Comment

I hope the weather improves - it will be quite a shock coming from Phoenix where it is in the mid 80s.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well it is currently raining un VanCity. And will be until next week. Though it did stop long enough for me to go out for a walk today. Then started again when I got home.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

I read on the convention site that most of the autographs of the main convention acts are included in the gold ticket. So what does it mean for the pre-registration and when does the pre-registration take place? I am not so interested in the pictures, rather in the panels to see my favorite stars live. I really hope they can manage to put flanigan and hewlett on the same stage. they have a great dynamic and are hilarious together.
                            Yeah, eight of the guests are signing on a complimentary basis for Gold ticket holders; however, you will still need to have something for them to sign as only the guests who will be signing directly (Robert Picardo, Andee Frizzell, Julia Benson, Kate Hewlett, Brent Stait and Mike Dopud) generally have their own selection of items for people to buy and get signed. If the same setup is retained from last year, the vendor's area is right outside the main auditorium so it would just be a matter of seeing when they are available and going over when you are ready.

If they manage to put Joe and David on stage at the same time, do you think they will get into another TimBit fight?

Comment

But you can still bring your own stuff for the extra autographers (<--not a word) to sign, right? You don't have to buy their pics, do you? Like, I want Kate to sign my ADB DVD cover.
                              sigpic
                              "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                                But you can still bring your own stuff for the extra autographers (<--not a word) to sign, right? You don't have to buy their pics, do you? Like, I want Kate to sign my ADB DVD cover.
                                The minder will most likely make you select one item if you have several items, unless you buy extra tickets for each item..

Comment

Working...
                                X