Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    Yep, if you were already following it when it was used for official MSOL stuff, then yes, you are now following the man himself...it was handed over to him so he could have his own name if he ever decided to tweet (which of course was when hell froze over, so I guess it must be pretty damn cold down "there" now!!.. )

He's having a great "domestic" time with the wife too.......totally hilarious tweets (and very non-PG) going back and forth from each side of Canada atm...

Deeds xx
    So love that that the tweets are from him now. Gives a good laugh when you are stressed out!!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

this is my first time i join a forum and everything here is still really new. so please excuse me when i make mistakes.

I come from Germany and bought gold tickets for the convention. THIS will be also my first time at a convention at all. I am really excited to see all my favorite stars, even though most of SG1 are missing. I read a lot about the do and don'ts at conventions but I still feel like I have no idea whats going on. I would appreciate any tips and help.
      I also read here in the thread about the gateworld dinner. What is happening there and would you advice to go there? Is there also some kind of meet and greet of the gateworld members during the convention?
      I have no problem to go alone to the convention but usually it is much more fun to do it as a group and I like to meet fellow nice, crazy and loveable stargate fans.

greetings from german

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
        4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
        Thursday April 26, 2012
        Time: 7:00pm
        Attendees:
        mamasue9
        Camelot7414
        Geoi McKay
        MylittleEli
        Doublecut
        AnnieS
        Nut_ty
        hlndncr
        Krisz
        silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
        Scarym1
        Starbird
        Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
        SabrinaB - very excited
        Nynaeve69+1
        CareBear
        Clairec007
        Arctic Goddess +2
        Rivers
        Maidenhead Reds
        Picardythirds
        helen450
        SeiyaTheLeaper
        slamaina (aka Slam)
        lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
        Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
        Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
        Doublecut
        mamasue9
        Dr. Carson Beckett
        Camelot7414
        Krisz
        Geoi McKay
        Snowflake + 3
        silvercomet
        Scarym1
        AnnieS + 1 maybe
        Nynaeve69 +1
        MylittleEli
        SabrinaB
        Starbird
        Clairec007
        Jian
        picardythirds
        nakedwesley
        knightie
        Vecturist
        SGAFan + 1
        Hoschi
        Lea
        helen450
        Nut_ty

hlndncr
        Dimonah Tralon
        CareBear
        llp
        RinkRat
        Arctic Goddess +2
        taris-eirien
        dakodia
        SweetTart
        Ovolactopesco
        Rivers
        Vala-Mal-Doran
        Maidenhead Reds
        SeiyaTheLeaper
        slamaina (aka Slam) +1
        lemonpiefirefly +1

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*
        *bumping forward*

Comment

Originally posted by shipcat View Post
          this is my first time i join a forum and everything here is still really new. so please excuse me when i make mistakes.

I come from Germany and bought gold tickets for the convention. THIS will be also my first time at a convention at all. I am really excited to see all my favorite stars, even though most of SG1 are missing. I read a lot about the do and don'ts at conventions but I still feel like I have no idea whats going on. I would appreciate any tips and help.
          I also read here in the thread about the gateworld dinner. What is happening there and would you advice to go there? Is there also some kind of meet and greet of the gateworld members during the convention?
          I have no problem to go alone to the convention but usually it is much more fun to do it as a group and I like to meet fellow nice, crazy and loveable stargate fans.

greetings from german
          Begrüßen shipcat:

Your English is wonderful. I suggest you sign up for any event you can attend. Everyone is very friendly and will help you with anything you need. Please do join us at the dinners and introduce yourself. You will meet some fun people from a variety of countries and some great Stargate actors. Begrüßen Sie wieder zu diesem Faden
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Welcome Shipcat. Can't wait to meet you
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

greetings from german
              Hello, welcome. I'm from Germany, too.

I agree with Arctic Goddess. You should try all the fan meetings. It's a great way to get to know people - especially at your first convention. Some of the people I met at the first similar event in 2009 are among my best friends now. It's just sitting together, getting to know each other, babbling, eating, drinking, having fun.

And since one meeting takes place before the con you'll already know people you can ask when there is a problem or question during the con. Usually we are all a crazy but very friendly bunch of people. Promise!

I don't know about a special GW meeting during the convention. Usually people make spontaneous plans for lunch or so.

Originally posted by Jian View Post
              Yep, I'll be there.
              Great *happy dance* BTW, I might have a funny idea. Will contact you.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I probably will join you at the dinner on thursday because i drop down in vancouver already on tuesday evening at it is good to have someone who knows the way around. but for this i will be back later here in the forum. now I just wanted to say thank you for the nice advices and it great to meet so many new friends. I am so excited to meet you all.

@silvercomet: can't wait for your message.

Comment

Hi Shipcat *waves* You have just brought back a flood of memories for me when i attended my first con in 2007. It was very exciting. I wanted to meet everyone so i organised a meet and greet dinner prior to the con. I was amazed at how easy it was to talk to everyone. Just mention your favourite stargate episode and away you go. I now have some very good friendships that begun on that trip. I will never forget it.

I am not able to go this year so please make sure you put lots and lots of posts of what is happening so that those of us not attending can keep up to date.

Group photo would be awesome.
                  Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                  sigpic
                  Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                  HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                  Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                  Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                  Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

hallo Shipcat, it will be lovely to meet you!! I would join all the group activities, they are a lot of fun. I have so many good memories from every convention I have been to, and the friends I have made through them are amazing.
                    AG is right, your English is wonderful!!
                    Oh, and the dinners are always very close to the Hilton. Where are you staying while you are in Vancouver?
                    Grüße von einem Canadischen.

Who knows the menu for Earls??? I am going to have to print them as I am in charge of getting 5 people's dinners ordered : thanks!!
                    Music and Stargate
                    sigpic
                    Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                      hallo Shipcat, it will be lovely to meet you!! I would join all the group activities, they are a lot of fun. I have so many good memories from every convention I have been to, and the friends I have made through them are amazing.
                      AG is right, your English is wonderful!!
                      Oh, and the dinners are always very close to the Hilton. Where are you staying while you are in Vancouver?
                      Grüße von einem Canadischen.

Who knows the menu for Earls??? I am going to have to print them as I am in charge of getting 5 people's dinners ordered : thanks!!
                      Psst.....there's a link to the menu just above the "guest list". I've contacted doublecut to see if I should post a link for the Red Robin menu.

Welcome shipcat! You'll have a great time. If you enjoy meeting people from different parts of the world, you'll have an even greater time at this convention. Sign up for as many GateWorld sponsored events as you can.

Comment

Willkommen, shipcat!

Comment

[=mamasue9;13260399]

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                          4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                          Thursday April 26, 2012
                          Time: 7:00pm
                          Attendees:
                          mamasue9
                          Camelot7414
                          Geoi McKay
                          MylittleEli
                          Doublecut
                          AnnieS
                          Nut_ty
                          hlndncr
                          Krisz
                          silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                          Scarym1
                          Starbird
                          Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                          SabrinaB - very excited
                          Nynaeve69+1
                          CareBear
                          Clairec007
                          Arctic Goddess +2
                          Rivers
                          Maidenhead Reds
                          Picardythirds
                          helen450
                          SeiyaTheLeaper
                          slamaina (aka Slam)
                          lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian
                          shipcat

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                          Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                          Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                          Doublecut
                          mamasue9
                          Dr. Carson Beckett
                          Camelot7414
                          Krisz
                          Geoi McKay
                          Snowflake + 3
                          silvercomet
                          Scarym1
                          AnnieS + 1 maybe
                          Nynaeve69 +1
                          MylittleEli
                          SabrinaB
                          Starbird
                          Clairec007
                          Jian
                          picardythirds
                          nakedwesley
                          knightie
                          Vecturist
                          SGAFan + 1
                          Hoschi
                          Lea
                          helen450
                          Nut_ty

hlndncr
                          Dimonah Tralon
                          CareBear
                          llp
                          RinkRat
                          Arctic Goddess +2
                          taris-eirien
                          dakodia
                          SweetTart
                          Ovolactopesco
                          Rivers
                          Vala-Mal-Doran
                          Maidenhead Reds
                          SeiyaTheLeaper
                          slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                          lemonpiefirefly +1

shipcat

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*
                          *bumping forward*]

Comment

Welcome!

It can certainly feel quite overwhelming at your first convention, particularly one of this size. The second-most important piece of advice I can offer is, if you are not one of the lucky ten to have a VIP pass, plan ahead for the most effective use of time management. If you plan to partake in the photo ops with the guests, it's a safe bet to assume that the lines will be long and depending on how many you intend to get, a great deal of time will be spent waiting in line. You might have to either bypass or leave a stage panel early to make a photo op, but a full schedule will be posted on Creation's page several days before the convention, so you should have enough time to pre-plan the most important things you may want to do.

I would also suggest getting any photos you may want autographed (as well as autograph tickets) as early as possible (pre-registration is great for this) though with several guests offering autographs directly, they will have their own selection of photos for you to choose from and is usually cheaper than buying one from Creation's vendor table and then buying the autograph.

The most important piece of advice I can give... above all else: have fun!

Comment

I would also suggest getting any photos you may want autographed (as well as autograph tickets) as early as possible (pre-registration is great for this) though with several guests offering autographs directly, they will have their own selection of photos for you to choose from and is usually cheaper than buying one from Creation's vendor table and then buying the autograph.

I read on the convention site that most of the autographs of the main convention acts are included in the gold ticket. So what does it mean for the pre-registration and when does the pre-registration take place? I am not so interested in the pictures, rather in the panels to see my favorite stars live. I really hope they can manage to put flanigan and hewlett on the same stage. they have a great dynamic and are hilarious together.

Comment

I stay at the Days Inn-Vancouver Metro on 2075 Kingsway. The Hilton was out of my league, even with the convention discount.
                                I hope I can fill in my travel itinerary one day for Vancouver but it will probably get pretty crowded. My main focus is on the convention plus the location tour on monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X