• Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/#!/MichaelShanks

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

ok folks. We are coming up on convention month and I am looking for a little help with something. I am wanting to either buy or make (aka have printed) a t-shirt for the convention. I am preggers this time around and was hoping to find a Stargate themed maternity shirt but without much success. I thought about just having the shirt printed myself but I have to admit design is not my strong suit. Sooooo... can anyone help in this regard. I see so many great sigs etc that there must be some design geniuses around here who could help me out.

Any ideas anyone?
      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
      GateCon Vancouver 2011
      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
        ok folks. We are coming up on convention month and I am looking for a little help with something. I am wanting to either buy or make (aka have printed) a t-shirt for the convention. I am preggers this time around and was hoping to find a Stargate themed maternity shirt but without much success. I thought about just having the shirt printed myself but I have to admit design is not my strong suit. Sooooo... can anyone help in this regard. I see so many great sigs etc that there must be some design geniuses around here who could help me out.

Any ideas anyone?
        If there is a t-shirt shop nearby that does airbrushing or can transfer a screen-capped photo that you can give them?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          If there is a t-shirt shop nearby that does airbrushing or can transfer a screen-capped photo that you can give them?
          Yup thats the plan but I was wondering if anyone could help design the shirt. I'm awful with photoshop or any other type of designing. I know roughly what I want I just need a person who can help make the design happen so I can take that to the shop.
          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
          GateCon Vancouver 2011
          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Yup thats the plan but I was wondering if anyone could help design the shirt. I'm awful with photoshop or any other type of designing. I know roughly what I want I just need a person who can help make the design happen so I can take that to the shop.
            I'd be happy to give it a go if you'd like to PM me what you're thinking of.

Comment

Had a great time yesterday at the hockey game. 'Heat' lost 1-6, oh dear, but the 'Rampage' looked a lot hungrier according to comments from my colleagues.

So different seeing it live, the skill of the players as they whizzed around on the ice was amazing, fascinating to watch. The goals still seem to happen faster than the eye can see!

I felt really spoiled as we were in a box higher up, overlooking the centre of the rink. Bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks and food supplied and to hand whenever we wanted. How the other half live getting these private boxes?!!!! I would never be able to afford anything like that normally!

Now I want to go and see a Canucks game live! My daughter gets tickets through the company she works for on occasion, they are one of the sponsors, so I've asked her to count me in if tickets come her way again!

Comment

Stargate Iris.jpg Stargate symbiote.jpg
                Last edited by slamaina; 25 March 2012, 04:28 PM.

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  Had a great time yesterday at the hockey game. 'Heat' lost 1-6, oh dear, but the 'Rampage' looked a lot hungrier according to comments from my colleagues.

So different seeing it live, the skill of the players as they whizzed around on the ice was amazing, fascinating to watch. The goals still seem to happen faster than the eye can see!

I felt really spoiled as we were in a box higher up, overlooking the centre of the rink. Bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks and food supplied and to hand whenever we wanted. How the other half live getting these private boxes?!!!! I would never be able to afford anything like that normally!

Now I want to go and see a Canucks game live! My daughter gets tickets through the company she works for on occasion, they are one of the sponsors, so I've asked her to count me in if tickets come her way again!
                  Yeah, that's my boys. Love my Rampage. Oooh, and I'd kill to see a Nucks game live! I couldn't even get to Dallas a couple of nights ago to see them. To be fair, it's a 5 hour drive from me. (excuses, excuses.) GO CANUCKS!
                  sigpic
                  "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                    @Rinkrat: going to Calgary on Monday for a week and would have liked to see the Flames play, but I think they're on a road trip
                    Hoschi,

The Flames are home this week! They play Dallas Stars on Monday night, LA Kings on Wednesday and Colorado Avs on Friday night!
                    They need to win all those games or the playoffs are out of the future.
                    If you do manage to get to a game let me know and I will look for you and maybe get you a game used puck!

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      Thanks Deeds. Turns out already following Lol
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Yep, if you were already following it when it was used for official MSOL stuff, then yes, you are now following the man himself...it was handed over to him so he could have his own name if he ever decided to tweet (which of course was when hell froze over, so I guess it must be pretty damn cold down "there" now!!.. )

He's having a great "domestic" time with the wife too.......totally hilarious tweets (and very non-PG) going back and forth from each side of Canada atm...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

And she's off!!! You won't be able to stop it now. Its just like a soap opera, you have to keep watching to see what happens next! I will just have to keep an eye on you. Next you will be dragging Brian to the games!

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34217[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]34218[/ATTACH]
                          Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                          sigpic
                          Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                          HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                          Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                          Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                          Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]34217[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]34218[/ATTACH]
                            Loving the Symbiote one.
                            Music and Stargate
                            sigpic
                            Perfection

Comment

Updated seating plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34207[/ATTACH]

Regarding the cabaret, I would go for it. It's great fun, I know I've been surprised and certainly entertained by the Stargate stars and their wonderful talents.
                              I guess I don't get to be on the seating chart since I am volunteering.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                              (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                              Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Hey Krisz was that the game with all the doggies there?
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X