Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated seating plan.

Regarding the cabaret, I would go for it. It's great fun, I know I've been surprised and certainly entertained by the Stargate stars and their wonderful talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
      Last year I only saw the end of the cabaret, but it looked pretty funny. Wasn't formal at all.
      The karaoke was a little after that. They have a bar/restaurant at the hotel and that was where it was held last year. It was pretty crowded in there, but quite funny. You don't have to sing if you don't want to...no pressure
      Or you can go ahead and sing if you want to and totally suck. (I do but hey at least I have the guts AND I have fun. )
      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
        Yeah, AG said it right, but is one not before the other? or at least close to the other? i loooooooove the Cabarets!! karaoke freaks me out, so do the cabaret!!
        The cabaret is before the karaoke

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
        Does anyone know if Rainmaker worked on Stargate Universe?

Also, what are the other post-production, digital special effect, and sound companies for Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe?

Slam
        All of the digital effects for SGU were done in house at Bridge Studios. That was Mark Savela's department.

Originally posted by helen450 View Post
        Do we have to buy tickets in advance?
        If you are GOLD, you get in as part of the package. If you are not Gold, you can buy the ticket at registration. You also are expected to sit in the seat you purchased for the rest of the event.
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
          Okay, so it's possible to do both (if one is not too tired!)? I love Karaoke, but I am trying to decide whether or not to buy the ticket for the Cabaret. ($25)

Seems like one is more formal than the other. I'd love to hear more about people's experiences of the Karaoke...
          ok, here goes. i have seen singing (some were very pretty, some were soothing, some downright beautiful, and then there was Teryl.....she is my favoroite singer for so many reasons) and skits (Alexis is great, Gary Jones and Dean Haglund half dressed running around a stage was priceless) poetry( suprisingly good) Jaffa jokes (Tony Amendola, soooo funny) and then some teach, like Dan Shea (oh Dan, what a fabulous man). I could go on, but i really do suggest you go, it will make you laugh and like every actor better.
          Music and Stargate
          sigpic
          Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
            ok, here goes. i have seen singing (some were very pretty, some were soothing, some downright beautiful, and then there was Teryl.....she is my favoroite singer for so many reasons) and skits (Alexis is great, Gary Jones and Dean Haglund half dressed running around a stage was priceless) poetry( suprisingly good) Jaffa jokes (Tony Amendola, soooo funny) and then some teach, like Dan Shea (oh Dan, what a fabulous man). I could go on, but i really do suggest you go, it will make you laugh and like every actor better.
            Awesome. that sounds like a plan then. I will get my ticket now - they are selling them online!

Comment

In my continuing transformation from a Brit into a Canadian I am going to my first ever hockey game tonight, I know, bad that it's taken over six years!

Going to see Abbotsford Heat play San Antonio Rampage! Going with people from work as guests of our audit company, who says accountants don't know how to have fun?!!!!

I have already asked my kids, who have really taken to following hockey for some background so at least I have some idea of what is going on and no doubt my colleagues will enlighten me further! It will be fun to see a game live.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                In my continuing transformation from a Brit into a Canadian I am going to my first ever hockey game tonight, I know, bad that it's taken over six years!

Going to see Abbotsford Heat play San Antonio Rampage! Going with people from work as guests of our audit company, who says accountants don't know how to have fun?!!!!

I have already asked my kids, who have really taken to following hockey for some background so at least I have some idea of what is going on and no doubt my colleagues will enlighten me further! It will be fun to see a game live.
                I've attended live hockey games. Depending on where you're sitting, beware of flying hockey pucks! I love when brawls start.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  If you are GOLD, you get in as part of the package. If you are not Gold, you can buy the ticket at registration. You also are expected to sit in the seat you purchased for the rest of the event.
                  Thanks, AG!

Comment

Have fun tonight! Hope the Heat win, they are the Calgary Flames farm team. A bunch of their players are playing for the Flames right now because of injuries. The goalie is rather good, cheer for Leland Irving!!!

Comment

Go Rampage!!! Have fun tonight Krisz! I LOVE hockey. It's really easy to get addicted to. Well, it was for me back in junior high.
                      sigpic
                      "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

OMG! You will freeze! ....Oh...wait! You live in Canada. It will probably be warmer inside than outside!

Have fun! I just got off twitter and MS is ranting up a storm over the Canucks. I don't think they are winning. Or it could be a bad ref.
                        Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                        sigpic
                        Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                        HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                        Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                        Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                        Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post

Have fun! I just got off twitter and MS is ranting up a storm over the Canucks. I don't think they are winning. Or it could be a bad ref.
                          They won in OT, but played terrible, particularly in the first period. Love MS tweeting though, doesn't matter what it's about.

@Rinkrat: going to Calgary on Monday for a week and would have liked to see the Flames play, but I think they're on a road trip

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                            They won in OT, but played terrible, particularly in the first period. Love MS tweeting though, doesn't matter what it's about.
                            At least he went home happy. Or should that be Canuks!
                            Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                            sigpic
                            Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                            HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                            Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                            Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                            Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Sadly his "home" is probably a hotel room or rented apt in Toronto atm...he tweeted earlier how much he missed his kids (and I'm presuming Lexa too ) but he's filming his new TV Series "Saving Hope" atm with Erica Durance and Daniel Gillies and it's located in Toronto....I have a feeling that's why he chose this opportunity to join Twitter...good promo/publicity and no home distractions so he can tweet to his hearts content...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

What is Michael's twitter name??

Yes I will be at both the Caberat (tons of fun) and the Karoke (will watch, NOT SINGING)!!!
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X