Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
    A shooting location has me stumped.

In the SG-1 episode 619 "The Changeling", the fire and rescue is dispatched to the Taylor Way Overpass. According to my research, the filming location was also called Taylor Way Overpass. According to Google Maps there is only one Taylor Way in Vancouver BC and it only has one Overpass (over Hwy 1). The road is only 1.8km long (1.1mi) so it was easy to study using Google Maps Satellite mode and street mode. This can't be the correct road. The road is too wide, not curved, and has different guard rails.

Anyone have any ideas where the correct shooting location is?

Slam
    According to the 'Director's Series - The Changeling' Extra with Martin Wood. (This is on the Region 2, season 6 box set I have.) The location used was the Nelson Creek Bridge in West Vancouver. This bridge used to be part of the old Highway 1 to Horseshoe Bay. It is now part of a walking trail that goes over the bridge itself.

I found a PDF map of the trails in the area here If you download the Whyte Lake Trail map you can see a supposed 'Trail Head Parking' area off Westport Road on the trail leading to the 'Old Bridge'. I street viewed it on Google but couldn't see the road leading to this parking area the map shows as there doesn't seem to be any signage. You might have better luck.

I'll probably go one day and see if I can find the trail myself, it looks like a nice walk hubby and I can do one Sunday when the weather decides to be nice.

Comment

Just throwing this out to any sports fans.

I am coming in from Calgary, home of the Flames, Hitmen, Roughnecks and Stampeders. If anybody would like anything from these teams PM me and I will see what I can do.
      Nothing too large or expensive, but if it is small I will try my best to find it for you and bring it with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jian View Post
        I've got 1 extra person with me also so maybe we could split two cabs or vans?
        Are you coming to the Thursday dinner?

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
        Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn? *justwondering*
        I do. From Thursday till Monday.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
          HEY KRISZ please add me in my seat now.

I AM L11
          Hi Annie! you're one seat away from me. I'm in L13! see you there There'll be people I know. hurrah!

Now a Question: What should I do on Friday? the Celebrity Cabaret night OR the Creation Karaoke Party?

Help! I know the Cabaret has a $25 fee but that's not really an issue. Can some one who has gone on before give me a some insight into both events? How are they different? (RyRo is a guest at both?!)

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
            4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
            Thursday April 26, 2012
            Time: 7:00pm
            Attendees:
            mamasue9
            Camelot7414
            Geoi McKay
            MylittleEli
            Doublecut
            AnnieS
            Nut_ty
            hlndncr
            Krisz
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            Starbird
            Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
            SabrinaB - very excited
            Nynaeve69+1
            CareBear
            Clairec007
            Arctic Goddess +2
            Rivers
            Maidenhead Reds
            Picardythirds
            helen450
            SeiyaTheLeaper
            slamaina (aka Slam)
            lemonpiefirefly +1

syncline

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
            Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
            Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 3
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            AnnieS + 1 maybe
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleEli
            SabrinaB
            Starbird
            Clairec007
            Jian
            picardythirds
            nakedwesley
            knightie
            Vecturist
            SGAFan + 1
            Hoschi
            Lea
            helen450
            Nut_ty

hlndncr
            Dimonah Tralon
            CareBear
            llp
            RinkRat
            Arctic Goddess +2
            taris-eirien
            dakodia
            SweetTart
            Ovolactopesco
            Rivers
            Vala-Mal-Doran
            Maidenhead Reds
            SeiyaTheLeaper
            slamaina (aka Slam) +1
            lemonpiefirefly +1

syncline

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
              Hi Annie! you're one seat away from me. I'm in L13! see you there There'll be people I know. hurrah!

Now a Question: What should I do on Friday? the Celebrity Cabaret night OR the Creation Karaoke Party?

Help! I know the Cabaret has a $25 fee but that's not really an issue. Can some one who has gone on before give me a some insight into both events? How are they different? (RyRo is a guest at both?!)
              The cabaret is an opportunity for the celebrities to show what else they can do besides act. So, Ryan Robbins will likely play guitar and sing. He can also juggle.
              The Karaoke is recorded music where people can get up and sing after they have had a few drinks. Sometimes the celebs get involved and sometimes they don't.

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Yeah, AG said it right, but is one not before the other? or at least close to the other? i loooooooove the Cabarets!! karaoke freaks me out, so do the cabaret!!
                Music and Stargate
                sigpic
                Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                  Since we're talking cabs, is there a taxi stand at the hotel, or since I'm going to have to leave really early Tuesday for the airport, should I pre-book it?
                  The last time i was in Vancouver i had to leave for the airport at 3am. The front desk called one and it took all of 3 mins to arrive. You shouldn't have to much trouble getting one. I had asked the night before should i pre-book and they said not to. It worked so i was happy.

I will be dropping in from time to time and i expect you all to be telling me that you are having an absolutely fabulous experience. Don't, i repeat, don't leave anything out.
                  Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                  sigpic
                  Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                  HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                  Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                  Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                  Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                    The cabaret is an opportunity for the celebrities to show what else they can do besides act. So, Ryan Robbins will likely play guitar and sing. He can also juggle.
                    The Karaoke is recorded music where people can get up and sing after they have had a few drinks. Sometimes the celebs get involved and sometimes they don't.

I have heard some great stories about the Cabaret. I am so excited that I will finally get to see it.

Thanks for all the Cab information.

Only 33 more days to go.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Does anyone know if Rainmaker worked on Stargate Universe?

Also, what are the other post-production, digital special effect, and sound companies for Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe?

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                      (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                      Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                        I have heard some great stories about the Cabaret. I am so excited that I will finally get to see it.
                        Do we have to buy tickets in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                          Yeah, AG said it right, but is one not before the other? or at least close to the other? i loooooooove the Cabarets!! karaoke freaks me out, so do the cabaret!!
                          Okay, so it's possible to do both (if one is not too tired!)? I love Karaoke, but I am trying to decide whether or not to buy the ticket for the Cabaret. ($25)

Seems like one is more formal than the other. I'd love to hear more about people's experiences of the Karaoke...

Comment

Okay, so it's possible to do both (if one is not too tired!)? I love Karaoke, but I am trying to decide whether or not to buy the ticket for the Cabaret. ($25)

Seems like one is more formal than the other. I'd love to hear more about people's experiences of the Karaoke...
                            Last year I only saw the end of the cabaret, but it looked pretty funny. Wasn't formal at all.
                            The karaoke was a little after that. They have a bar/restaurant at the hotel and that was where it was held last year. It was pretty crowded in there, but quite funny. You don't have to sing if you don't want to...no pressure

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                              Are you coming to the Thursday dinner?
                              Yep, I'll be there.

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                                4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                                Thursday April 26, 2012
                                Time: 7:00pm
                                Attendees:
                                mamasue9
                                Camelot7414
                                Geoi McKay
                                MylittleEli
                                Doublecut
                                AnnieS
                                Nut_ty
                                hlndncr
                                Krisz
                                silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                                Scarym1
                                Starbird
                                Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                                SabrinaB - very excited
                                Nynaeve69+1
                                CareBear
                                Clairec007
                                Arctic Goddess +2
                                Rivers
                                Maidenhead Reds
                                Picardythirds
                                helen450
                                SeiyaTheLeaper
                                slamaina (aka Slam)
                                lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                                Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                                Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                                Doublecut
                                mamasue9
                                Dr. Carson Beckett
                                Camelot7414
                                Krisz
                                Geoi McKay
                                Snowflake + 3
                                silvercomet
                                Scarym1
                                AnnieS + 1 maybe