No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A list of all the people on the location tours so we know where people are!

Just add your name to the bottom of the list and remove quotes.

Location Tour Thursday
    Starbird
    Krisz
    Camelot7414
    Clairec007
    Jian

Location Tour Monday
    Sabrina B
    Maidenhead Reds
    Dimonah Tralon
    hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Jian View Post
      Looks like that makes at least 4 of us. I guess folks in AZ like Stargate. ^_^

I'm in 13F
      Actually there's 5 of us on that flight going to the con. Mamasue, Jian, me, hlndncr & her friend. Not necessarily AZ though, I just think a lot of Vancouver flights connect in Phoenix. I'm from North Carolina and I think hlndcr is from the DC area.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
        Actually there's 5 of us on that flight going to the con. Mamasue, Jian, me, hlndncr & her friend. Not necessarily AZ though, I just think a lot of Vancouver flights connect in Phoenix. I'm from North Carolina and I think hlndcr is from the DC area.
        So then ours is just the cool people plane full of people from all over? Even better.

I'm on flight 239 back on Monday and I know there's at least one other person coming back with me on that flight. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the way home too.

Comment

So then ours is just the cool people plane full of people from all over? Even better.
          Sounds about right to me

I'm on flight 239 back on Monday and I know there's at least one other person coming back with me on that flight. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the way home too.
          I'm not going home until Tuesday. The only flight I could get with my frequent flier miles was at 7am, so I decided I really didn't want to have to get up that early on a Monday morning after a weekend where I'm sure I'll get little sleep. Tuesday's just as early, but that gives me a day to rest before I head back to work.

Looks like you're right behind me on the plane, but by the window.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm leaving Monday but taking Greyhound. I'll get back to Phoenix about 6:30am Wednesday morning.

Comment

Hey mamasue, hlndncr, since we're on the same plane, maybe we could split a taxi.
              Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
              Deal!
              I've got one more with me. Can we get a cab that will take four and all our luggage? If so, we're in.

Comment

I used to live in Phoenix. Still have a Mesa number and all my stuff is in storage there. Oh, to return (for longer than a 55 min. layover)!

Sounds about right to me

I'm not going home until Tuesday. The only flight I could get with my frequent flier miles was at 7am, so I decided I really didn't want to have to get up that early on a Monday morning after a weekend where I'm sure I'll get little sleep. Tuesday's just as early, but that gives me a day to rest before I head back to work.

Looks like you're right behind me on the plane, but by the window.
                We're also going back on Tuesday AM. I have the next day off, but Allie will be working (daycare) the very next morning at 7am. Poor girl.

I'm leaving Monday but taking Greyhound. I'll get back to Phoenix about 6:30am Wednesday morning.
                Crazy! Why are you doing that? Sightseeing tour?

Comment

Well, I'll just throw out that I'm another AZ resident (although I'm not on that flight). We need a group pic!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Crazy! Why are you doing that? Sightseeing tour?
                    to avoid another dose of scanner radiation from YVR. The one from Phoenix is bad enough... My original plan was to take Greyhound roundtrip, but I have to take a final exam on the 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      I've got one more with me. Can we get a cab that will take four and all our luggage? If so, we're in.
                      Sometimes, Bonnies taxi has a minivan taxi so we could all pile into that.

Comment

to avoid another dose of scanner radiation from YVR. The one from Phoenix is bad enough... My original plan was to take Greyhound roundtrip, but I have to take a final exam on the 24th.
                        I'll be opting out if it come to that in Phoenix (at least with T4 you can try and find the lanes with the regular metal detector). I'm flying into Bellingham (and meeting up with a friend who's driving) to avoid dealing with the ones at either Sea-tac or YVR.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          I'll be opting out if it come to that in Phoenix (at least with T4 you can try and find the lanes with the regular metal detector). I'm flying into Bellingham (and meeting up with a friend who's driving) to avoid dealing with the ones at either Sea-tac or YVR.
                          When I flew to Burbank in December, I thought I wouldn't have to go through that scanner for a domestic flight. Surprise!! At least the Burbank airport didn't have that scanner. I don't mind the wands.

Comment

A shooting location has me stumped.

In the SG-1 episode 619 "The Changeling", the fire and rescue is dispatched to the Taylor Way Overpass. According to my research, the filming location was also called Taylor Way Overpass. According to Google Maps there is only one Taylor Way in Vancouver BC and it only has one Overpass (over Hwy 1). The road is only 1.8km long (1.1mi) so it was easy to study using Google Maps Satellite mode and street mode. This can't be the correct road. The road is too wide, not curved, and has different guard rails.

Anyone have any ideas where the correct shooting location is?

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                            (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                            Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

As far as I know, YVR does not have the massive full-body scanners like the Sea-Tac ones, at least on the international arrivals side. For international departures it is still just wands and metal detectors (plus the usual xray for the carryon luggage). Unless things have changed since december?

There are even less doohickeys for arrivals

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                                As far as I know, YVR does not have the massive full-body scanners like the Sea-Tac ones, at least on the international arrivals side. For international departures it is still just wands and metal detectors (plus the usual xray for the carryon luggage). Unless things have changed since december?

There are even less doohickeys for arrivals
                                Whoops! my bad. Replying to myself...that's a first.

Apparently things have changed since december. According to a friend that works there there are 3 scanning machines, all for US departures only. Sorry about the confusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X