Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
    Scarym1 and Dr Carson Beckett,

The Canada Line runs from the airport right into it's own station at Waterfront Station. When you get off the train, go to the right and follow the people down the hallway till you come to a escalator and evelator area. Go up into the main part of Waterfront Station. Look to your left and you will t Waterfront station. When you get off the train go to your right and follow the people down the hallway see the entrance to both the skytrain and seabus. Go here and follow the people through the doors. Go to your left as soon as you get through and that is the stair, escalator and evelavator to the Skytrain.

Any questions. Just look for staff with TRANSLINK OR SKYTrain on their jackets, And they will help you find your way.
    Usually in the green jackets. Don't worry, the signs are correct, and fairly frequent and you should be able to get around quite easily. Just remember which line you are switching to and you'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
      Usually in the green jackets. Don't worry, the signs are correct, and fairly frequent and you should be able to get around quite easily. Just remember which line you are switching to and you'll be fine

Though taking either the Expo or Millineum Line doesn't matter as they both travel to the Metrotown station.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. ((((HUGS)))))
        sigpic
        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thanks for the advice regarding the Skytrain, really useful.

Do you know how long does it takes from the airport to the station near the Hilton on average please, also any idea of cost. I've never been to Vancouver (or Canada for that matter) so not had the pleasure of the commuter express!!!

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
          Scarym1 and Dr Carson Beckett,

The Canada Line runs from the airport right into it's own station at Waterfront Station. When you get off the train, go to the right and follow the people down the hallway till you come to a escalator and evelator area. Go up into the main part of Waterfront Station. Look to your left and you will t Waterfront station. When you get off the train go to your right and follow the people down the hallway see the entrance to both the skytrain and seabus. Go here and follow the people through the doors. Go to your left as soon as you get through and that is the stair, escalator and evelavator to the Skytrain.

Any questions. Just look for staff with TRANSLINK OR SKYTrain on their jackets, And they will help you find your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidenhead Reds View Post
            Thanks for the advice regarding the Skytrain, really useful.

Do you know how long does it takes from the airport to the station near the Hilton on average please, also any idea of cost. I've never been to Vancouver (or Canada for that matter) so not had the pleasure of the commuter express!!!

Thanks in advance...
            It's about 1/2 hour from the airport to Waterfront Station on the Canada line, then another 20 minutes or so to Metrotown from Waterfront Station on the Expo/Millennium line.

If taking a cab, it's about 30CAD and about 20 minutes from the airport.

Comment

Ater 9 hours on a flight from London a 20 minute cab sounds really good to me $30 doesn't sound too bad either or is that just me use to London cab fares...

Thanks so much for the info.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
              It's about 1/2 hour from the airport to Waterfront Station on the Canada line, then another 20 minutes or so to Metrotown from Waterfront Station on the Expo/Millennium line.

If taking a cab, it's about 30CAD and about 20 minutes from the airport.

Comment

Ater 9 hours on a flight from London a 20 minute cab sounds really good to me $30 doesn't sound too bad either or is that just me use to London cab fares...

You're welcome Good idea about taking a cab because at certain times of the day, the skytrain is crowded and not good for travelers with multiple pieces of luggage. My arrival time co-insides with that time of day.

Comment

Cab without a doubt...have done many a flight from Heathrow to YVR, inc 6 Vancouver Cons and the cab ride is most definitely your best option...allow for the money, you won't regret the expense...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

You're welcome Good idea about taking a cab because at certain times of the day, the skytrain is crowded and not good for travelers with multiple pieces of luggage. My arrival time co-insides with that time of day.
                    Hey mamasue, hlndncr, since we're on the same plane, maybe we could split a taxi.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                      Hey mamasue, hlndncr, since we're on the same plane, maybe we could split a taxi.
                      Deal!

Comment

I'm arriving 3pm on the Wednesday so rush hour as i get out of the airport, yeah a cab the best idea...

Only 5 weeks today for my flight, pretty excited and looking forward to meeting everyone, especially the ones that I know from Chevron and AT events over here.

Thanks again for all the advise, i'm sure i will be asking many more questions before my flight :-)

Comment

Thanks, consider the money already spent on a taxi :-)

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Cab without a doubt...have done many a flight from Heathrow to YVR, inc 6 Vancouver Cons and the cab ride is most definitely your best option...allow for the money, you won't regret the expense...

Deeds xx

Comment

My plane touches down in Vancouver on Thurs at 12:51pm and takes off on Mon at 12:30pm. I am renting a car from the airport so if anyone want a lift to let me know.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                            (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                            Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Be prepared to see me again - just booked my flight. Not as cheap as I would have liked but manageable.

Since I arrive on Wednesday, the Thursday meeting is definitely a yes for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's my flight too!
                                Looks like that makes at least 4 of us. I guess folks in AZ like Stargate. ^_^

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                We're a couple rows back and across the aisle in 14A and 14B.

Our connection is also only 55 mins. Sure hope everything is on time.
                                I'm in 13F

Comment

Working...
                                X