Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
    I have stared a Google map with the Stargate shooting locations on it. If anyone is interested in visiting these locations while we are in Vancouver and would like to help out go to http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ming-Locations

Slam
    Excellent idea! I haven't figure out how to do that yet.

Comment

Just a note about locations...

It would be unwise to put private residences on a map...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
        Hello sunshine, glad you are making it this year.

One month and 5 days!!

How was everyones St. Patrick’s day??? I tripped and went face first into the pant region of a man, knocked him over and took out one of my friends. Good times, and no, I was not drinking. Anyone else have a ridiculous story? PLEASE??
        Had a great St Patty's day. Had the day off so went downtown to Celticfest and looked around. Doolin's Irish Pub had a line about 30 deep at 10am. Then came home and watched Mission Impossibles 2 & 3 and had a dinner of Bangers & Mash, YUMMY!!!!
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

How was everyones St. Patrick’s day??? I tripped and went face first into the pant region of a man, knocked him over and took out one of my friends. Good times, and no, I was not drinking. Anyone else have a ridiculous story? PLEASE??
          LOL! Was he at least cute?

My partying days are long behind me. I made a decent Irish stew, though.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
            Excellent idea! I haven't figure out how to do that yet.
            If you are interested in helping me I can show you how.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            Just a note about locations...

It would be unwise to put private residences on a map...

The map is not public. I need to grant access for anyone to see it. In general I would not put private addresses unless it is posted elsewhere publicly.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
            (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
            Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
              4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
              Thursday April 26, 2012
              Time: 7:00pm
              Attendees:
              mamasue9
              Camelot7414
              Geoi McKay
              MylittleEli
              Doublecut
              AnnieS
              Nut_ty
              hlndncr
              Krisz
              silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
              Scarym1
              Starbird
              Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
              SabrinaB - very excited
              Nynaeve69+1
              CareBear
              Clairec007
              Arctic Goddess +2
              Rivers
              Maidenhead Reds
              Picardythirds
              helen450
              SeiyaTheLeaper
              slamaina aka Slam +2

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
              Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
              Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz
              Geoi McKay
              Snowflake + 3
              silvercomet
              Scarym1
              AnnieS + 1 maybe
              Nynaeve69 +1
              MylittleEli
              SabrinaB
              Starbird
              Clairec007
              Jian
              picardythirds
              nakedwesley
              knightie
              Vecturist
              SGAFan + 1
              Hoschi
              Lea
              helen450
              Nut_ty

hlndncr
              Dimonah Tralon
              CareBear
              llp
              RinkRat
              Arctic Goddess +2
              taris-eirien
              dakodia
              SweetTart
              Ovolactopesco
              Rivers
              Vala-Mal-Doran
              Maidenhead Reds
              SeiyaTheLeaper
              slamaina aka Slam +2

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
              Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

The "Respectful Self guided locations tour" sounds like a whole of fun. I can't make it because I just flying in on Wednesday & my WESTJET flight only arrives at 3:30 p.m.

If any one else is arriving around that time & staying at the Hilton, maybe we could take the Skytrain together. I was reading the directions on the Hilton website and I will admit to a bit of anxiety about doing that alone.

The last time I was in Vancouver the hotel I was staying at had an airport shuttle. Oh well I am sure if I get lost someone will send out a search party.

I have already started a small pile on my desk of stuff I have to take with me.

So is anyone interested in just general touring (Stanley Park, etc) around and hanging out on Thursday?

Only 37 more days to go.
                sigpic
                Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                  Okay, here's what I figure: How about a sign up list for those locals and all who can make it for a "self guided locations tour" (can someone please come up with a better name?) and we'll figure out go from there? Because there's no way we can visit ALL of these locations in one day! (well, actually, we probably could if we just drove by them all but where's the fun in that?).

That way we can do it all by email and not clutter up this thread...unless people have more suggestions?

Wednesday April 25th, 2012

as usual, repost minus quote tags, with your name if you are intrested.

picardythirds

I wish I could sign up to do this but I don't arrive until Thursday. In past years, we would also go to a few locations in the morning before the Con starts. We go by car so I don't know if it is doable by public transportation.

That said, I would like to share info with you. I have been to many many of the locations before but I don't know all of them.

Slam

Comment

Originally posted by JacksCSM View Post
                    Finally thought I'd stop lurking and drop in for a moment. I'm a 'vet' of many Van Cons and want to say you folks are going to have lots of fun.

A sugggestion for the locations tour would be to group them together. Jack's cabin and house, Sam's house, and SFU would give you alot of memories in a fairly short time. I totally agree with the 'be respectful' theme that has been brought up with the tours. With Van not having interstates, as we Americans know them, travelling can take a bit more time than you might expect.

Stopping by the Bridges studio area will get you three sights and are all in one area. Also the "Eclipse" (?) cafe right across from Bridges was used by Sam and (to some the dreaded) Pete. The cafe at the Accent Inn (used many times by many shows) is also right there and has some well priced good tasting eats too.

You will have a great time in Van. I'm sure there are many of us on this board who will live the con through you so please be kind and share you times with us.

Nothing like a group of 'Gaters to hang with and create lifelong memories and friends.
                    Hey good to see you de-lurking! It's sad you and Col Mike can't make it for this last fling, I'll miss you both.

Hopefully I get some good pictures and stories to share with you and all those who can't make it to con. I'm going to try and do my panel reports for the last convention as a memory of what each guest said and did. I read over my ones from past years and it was nice to reminisce and laugh at what was said.

Totally agree about grouping locations. I've found from experience that you never get to see all you want to, even when you group things. For me the self-guided location tour is done on a more leisurely basis, I'm not good with mad dash style touring! Vancouver traffic will always come in the way of getting somewhere on time it seems to me and best laid plans change!!!

One month and 5 days!!

Good thing the man's pant region was there, broke your fall nicely!!!!

Nothing I did on St Patrick's day could come close to the epicness of yours!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                      If any one else is arriving around that time & staying at the Hilton, maybe we could take the Skytrain together. I was reading the directions on the Hilton website and I will admit to a bit of anxiety about doing that alone.
                      As long you get vaccinated, there's nothing to worry about with the SkyTrain. From the airport, you would just need to get on the Canada Line to Waterfront (bear in mind I've never been on the Canada Line, so I don't know how it connects to Waterfront) and then switch to either an Expo or Millenium Line train (they share the same line from Waterfront to Columbia) and disembark at Metrotown, then just swing around the block and you're at the Hilton.

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post

The map is not public. I need to grant access for anyone to see it. In general I would not put private addresses unless it is posted elsewhere publicly.

Slam
                        Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                          The "Respectful Self guided locations tour" sounds like a whole of fun. I can't make it because I just flying in on Wednesday & my WESTJET flight only arrives at 3:30 p.m.
                          I wanted to fly WestJet, but the earliest flight out of Phoenix was at 1:30pm. It was a direct flight to Vancouver and arrives at about 4:30pm, but I needed to leave and arrive earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                            As long you get vaccinated, there's nothing to worry about with the SkyTrain. .
                            I snorted so loud at that that my dog barked....

helen450 ~ no, he was not hot, that would have been a wonderful way to meet my dream man, landing face first into..sheesh, so embarassing!! and we never get to old to party.
                            AnnieS ~ Bangers and Mashed?? great, now I'm hungry. got any mushy peas?
                            Krisz ~ we can fix that, lets get you a night of remembering!!!

Glad everyone had a good day!!

Slam ~ I hear yu, I was trying to get enough airmiles to fly Chelle down, but just never made it hoping to have her and the hellraiser of a child she has down here this summer. I need more time for sure!! But holy, do I ever wish it was going on right now!!
                            Music and Stargate
                            sigpic
                            Perfection

Comment

As long you get vaccinated, there's nothing to worry about with the SkyTrain. From the airport, you would just need to get on the Canada Line to Waterfront (bear in mind I've never been on the Canada Line, so I don't know how it connects to Waterfront) and then switch to either an Expo or Millenium Line train (they share the same line from Waterfront to Columbia) and disembark at Metrotown, then just swing around the block and you're at the Hilton.
                              Scarym1 and Dr Carson Beckett,

The Canada Line runs from the airport right into it's own station at Waterfront Station. When you get off the train, go to the right and follow the people down the hallway till you come to a escalator and evelator area. Go up into the main part of Waterfront Station. Look to your left and you will t Waterfront station. When you get off the train go to your right and follow the people down the hallway see the entrance to both the skytrain and seabus. Go here and follow the people through the doors. Go to your left as soon as you get through and that is the stair, escalator and evelavator to the Skytrain.

Any questions. Just look for staff with TRANSLINK OR SKYTrain on their jackets, And they will help you find your way.
                              Last edited by AnnieS; 20 March 2012, 10:10 AM.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

As long you get vaccinated, there's nothing to worry about with the SkyTrain.
                                LOL!

....and that was a public announcement on behalf of the Metro Vancouver Commuter Survivors' Society.

Comment

Working...
                                X