No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rosehawk and nakedwesley. I personally can't imagine anyone complaining about it either... Unless the person you let sit in your seat smells really bad or is super disruptive or something.
    sigpic
    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

In 2010 I was able to use the seat of one of my friends, who did not want to attend the SGU panel. She knew I was a Huge fan of the show, and was in a seat where there was someone with a big head right in my line of sight (4 rows ahead). I was totally grateful to her and was able to get some great photos of the panel.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

If you are respectful about it and don't upset any fans by shouting out how lucky you are or rub their noses in it, I don't see why anyone would get upset over one panel...I was lucky in 2008 to be offered a seat in Row A for Michael Shanks' talk from one of my good friends....it was probably my best ever VanCon and I got some great pics of him....(in those days "theatrical lighting" hadn't been "tested out" by Creation!! )

I was very grateful but didn't draw attention to the fact I was there....at that time Adam was standing right in front of me, must have seen me, but never made any comment about how I miraculously "appeared" over there!...

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
          Does anyone know if we're allowed to loan our seat to someone else if we're not going to attend a certain panel? I'm just in row F, but it'd be a shame if I meet someone there who is a big fan of someone that I'm not going to be able to see, and my seat is closer than theirs. Know what I mean?
          oh, i will be doing that, so if anyone wants to complain, they can right now I have a friend who can only make it one day, her time off is spent looking after her sick mom, so she can't take more thatn that off work. not fair if you can only go one day to pay for gold, so she will probably have my seat for the day. I don't think it should be a problem unless the person taking over is in the way...
          Music and Stargate
          sigpic
          Perfection

Comment

Why can't it be April 25 already? I swear after the week I have had I need a vacation now. Transit is on strike and I have to walk (40 mins) to work and then spend my saving on cabs to get anywhere else.

Sorry for the rant, I feel much better now.

Only 45 days until I can fly out to Vancouver.
            sigpic
            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Bus drivers just went on strike here....

Comment

Why here is not an Joe/David photo ops...only Joe/David and Paul together :/
                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

I requested my new passport, should get it within 2 weeks. Might have figured out the simcard problem for my smartphone for Canada. Meaning, I might be able to tweet during the con without paying a fortune. At least a bit.

The only thing I still need is a flight...

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                  Why can't it be April 25 already? I swear after the week I have had I need a vacation now. Transit is on strike and I have to walk (40 mins) to work and then spend my saving on cabs to get anywhere else.

Sorry for the rant, I feel much better now.

Only 45 days until I can fly out to Vancouver.
                  Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Bus drivers just went on strike here....
                  Wow, this sounds like Germany right now. Lucky me, I have a car and don't need public transport. As long as nobody strikes at the ariport when I have to fly...
                  sigpic

Comment

Bought my plane and bus tickets. 45 days for me too.

Comment

Since I was planning to stay in Van a couple of days extra, would you guys recommend staying before the con, or after?

I was thinking before, because I'd get to have time to myself to explore the city/area, and it would be all new and exciting. And was thinking that, after the con, I might be pretty much spent emotionally and want to just go home. But then, I also am going to be on a slim budget, and wondering if I should think about being sure I have the money for all the convention stuff/dinners before I go hopping around Vancouver and Burnaby.

I mean, because I don't know how much I should be saving, or even if I'd be able to save anything once I visit the Canucks store on Robson. But seriously, you know how it goes. Hit up one or two pubs and coffee shops and buy a few souvenirs, and you've already spent more than you'd have thought you would.

So, suggestions?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm free on Wednesday before the Con and Tuesday After the con if anyone wants to hang out. I'm from around town so I'll have transport.

Unfortunately thursday and monday I work days so I can't so you around then

However, wasn't there some talk earlier of a "self tour" of some stargate locations? because I'm still up for that (wednesday?) if anyone else is!

Comment

My friend and I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon, but since we are coming from DC we figure we'll be absolutely spent and just want to get settled and relax after a full day of travel (and get adjusted to the time difference).

Our plan is to do the tourist thing around Vancouver on Thursday. Then Victoria on Monday. (Hopefully we won't be totally spent from the convention.)

We fly back home Tuesday morning.

So if anyone wants to join us (or guide us) on our adventures you are welcome.

Comment

A Happy post today.

I did my taxes and I am getting a nice refund. Now it is just have to arrive before I leave.

Both sides in the Transit dispute have reached a tentative deal. The union has to vote on it but it looks good that the Buses could be up and running by FRIDAY!!!!!! It has been a long six weeks without transit services.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea, scarym! Wow, 6 weeks without transport in the winter, in Canada! I am shivering and grumpy just thinking about it! And congrats on the tax refund!

Since I started this new job, I have a bit more leeway on the days I can take. That's why I'm reassessing the dates I fly. I was planning on getting in on Tuesday, and going home the next Tuesday, but now, I dunno. I'll definitely be there by Thursday.

Either way, it's going to be AWESOMEBALLS! Let's just pray for some nice weather.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                My friend and I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon, but since we are coming from DC we figure we'll be absolutely spent and just want to get settled and relax after a full day of travel (and get adjusted to the time difference).

Our plan is to do the tourist thing around Vancouver on Thursday. Then Victoria on Monday. (Hopefully we won't be totally spent from the convention.)

We fly back home Tuesday morning.

So if anyone wants to join us (or guide us) on our adventures you are welcome.
                                I am arriving Wednesday as well so I am just going to hang out in my hotel room for the evening too. For me it is a four hour time difference. So by the time I get to hotel get settled and have dinner, it might be 6 or 7 pm, which will feel like 11p.m. Definitely time for bed. I will need to be well rested for the CON.

As for Thursday, I am up for touring around. As long as we get to spend at least a couple of hours at STANLEY PARK. I have been looking forward to going back there for years.

I wish I could do Victoria as well but I am going back on Monday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X