No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Geoi ! Oh yeah, I haven't felt so good in a long time and I guess I'm going to get new friends included you to share my passion. Thank you again for everything ! See you in 58 days and few hours

Comment

Hello AnnieS ! Thank you very much, I really appreciate. See you later !

Comment

Just a quick question...

Who is going on the Creation sponsored location tour that have signed up for the Thursday meetup dinner? That tour is 9am-5pm. Would 6pm be too early to be at Red Robin, or should it begin a little later like 7pm?

Comment

As long as AG and Mallozzi have no objections, I'm going to say we should aim for more like 7pm on Red Robin. There's going to be a pretty large influx of people coming into YVR and I'd like them to have as much time as possible to at least get their stuff settled into the hotel. Above and beyond that, I have two seperate series set visits already planned and it's too early for me to tell when I'll be back. 6pm might be pushing it, but 7pm should be much more workable.

Also, remember in regards to Red Robin....Creation may hold a pre-registration for Gold patrons that night. But it isn't necessary. You'll wait in a queue for hours just so they get your initial stuff together. But you'll still wait in a queue on Friday, registered or not. And they'll have pre-reg for Gold prior to registration on Friday, too. AG is definitely right. A chance to chat with Mallozzi should trump any other plans you have. I've been working for GateWorld for over 4 1/2 years...and Joe and I email sporadically. But this will be my first chance to meet him in person, too. Kudos, AG!!
          Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
          Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
          Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
          Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
          Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
          Con-Version Calgary 2010
          C2E2 2013-2015
          TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
          Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
          Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
          FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

AG's so da pimp wit da hook-ups! LOL! I swear I didn't know she had that kind of pull. Well done, AG. Well done.
            sigpic
            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Well, I was thinking we got in on Thursday but it looks like the sister's plans have it for Friday morning. *goes to edit sign up list* Will still be there Sunday night.
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
                Thursday April 26, 2012 time undetermined

Attendees:
                mamasue9
                Camelot7414
                Geoi McKay
                MylittleEli
                Doublecut
                AnnieS
                Nut_ty
                hlndncr
                Krisz
                silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                Scarym1
                Starbird

Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                SabrinaB - very excited
                Nynaeve69+1
                CareBear
                Clairec007
                Arctic Goddess +2
                Rivers

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake +(maybe 3)
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                AnnieS + 1 maybe
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleEli
                SabrinaB
                Starbird
                Clairec007
                Jian
                picardythirds
                nakedwesley
                knightie
                Vecturist
                SGAFan + 1
                Hoschi
                Lea
                helen450
                Nut_ty

hlndncr
                Dimonah Tralon
                CareBear
                llp
                RinkRat
                Arctic Goddess +2
                taris-eirien
                dakodia
                SweetTart
                Ovolactopesco
                Rivers

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*
                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Just a quick question...

Who is going on the Creation sponsored location tour that have signed up for the Thursday meetup dinner? That tour is 9am-5pm. Would 6pm be too early to be at Red Robin, or should it begin a little later like 7pm?
                  I'm going on the location tour, as is Starbird. I agree 7 would be much better.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    Just a quick question...

I am, I wondered too about when we would go to dinner, 7pm sounds good. Unless I manage to time it and get into the front of the pre-reg queue I won't bother registering until Friday.

AG: Great news about Joe M! Be nice to see him again. Bit of a let down food wise from Fuel, or Refuel as its called now, where we met him before in 2008!!!

Ovolactopesco and Rivers: Welcome to the thread, look forward to meeting you both.

Updated seating chart.

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                      As long as AG and Mallozzi have no objections, I'm going to say we should aim for more like 7pm on Red Robin. There's going to be a pretty large influx of people coming into YVR and I'd like them to have as much time as possible to at least get their stuff settled into the hotel. Above and beyond that, I have two seperate series set visits already planned and it's too early for me to tell when I'll be back. 6pm might be pushing it, but 7pm should be much more workable.

Also, remember in regards to Red Robin....Creation may hold a pre-registration for Gold patrons that night. But it isn't necessary. You'll wait in a queue for hours just so they get your initial stuff together. But you'll still wait in a queue on Friday, registered or not. And they'll have pre-reg for Gold prior to registration on Friday, too. AG is definitely right. A chance to chat with Mallozzi should trump any other plans you have. I've been working for GateWorld for over 4 1/2 years...and Joe and I email sporadically. But this will be my first chance to meet him in person, too. Kudos, AG!!
                      The pre-reg isn't just for Gold. The Preferred people ALSO can pre-reg as well on Thursday (only after the Gold). And on Friday it is first come first serve as I recall (at least it was before, since most Gold have reg on Thursday).
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ovolactopesco View Post
                        Hello AnnieS ! Thank you very much, I really appreciate. See you later !
                        Can't wait to finally meet you as well. Contact Carebear as well so you can get to know her.
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post

AG ~ quit scaring all the non Candians!! (we need them to help paying our 40% tax)
                          LOL! That really had me laughing. Good one.

Welcome everyone new. Even though I've been to a number of Stargate conventions, in many ways, each one feels like the first all over again. There is the same excitement about not only seeing the actors, but old friends who have the same interests and obsessions. Its pretty cool to be in a place where people don't look at you like you are nuts when you discuss the episodes of your favourite show and how hot one of the actors is. And the best part is, the celebrities understand. They want to be there as much as we do, and not just because they are getting paid. It's a real ego boost for them to feel so much love from their fans. In fact, I've heard from family members of some of the actors how they often come home with major egos and have to be taken down a peg or two. "Yeah, Mr. Hot Shot, you're not all that, so knock it off and go look for work."

I'm looking forward to meeting the Great and powerful Oz...I mean Mallozzi again as well.

So, who's getting really excited?
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I am AG!!!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Well for me I'm excited but yet sad at the same time too. Being the last year of the SG con that I've grown to love attending. First year was a one time deal and just kept coming back because I had so much fun for many of the reasons people have stated. So it's kind of a bittersweet deal this year making my final plans for my arrival in Vancouver this April. Won't be my last trip there but for the SG con timeline there it is (maybe I will see some of yall in Chicago if I can ever swing it in the future. It's been a struggle these past couple years but well worth it in my opinion.) Can't wait to see everyone up there next month. Can't believe it's almost time already. Now where did I misplace my passport at!? *Throws everything around the house in attempts of finding it*

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
                                Well for me I'm excited but yet sad at the same time too. Being the last year of the SG con that I've grown to love attending. First year was a one time deal and just kept coming back because I had so much fun for many of the reasons people have stated. So it's kind of a bittersweet deal this year making my final plans for my arrival in Vancouver this April. Won't be my last trip there but for the SG con timeline there it is (maybe I will see some of yall in Chicago if I can ever swing it in the future. It's been a struggle these past couple years but well worth it in my opinion.) Can't wait to see everyone up there next month. Can't believe it's almost time already. Now where did I misplace my passport at!? *Throws everything around the house in attempts of finding it*
                                I've been looking forward with excitement for the con every year since 2007! It will be sad not to be chatting on the Vancouver Creation thread for 2013. It was this thread in 2007 where I first got to know many of the folk who still come back every year. They welcomed me making me feel that I could go to my very first convention on my own as I felt I already knew people.

It will be sad to see them for the last time, until other cons turn up in Vancouver (I can never seem to afford to go anywhere else ). It's only because I ended up living in Vancouver that I could go to a Stargate con, never imagined I would ever do that, and in the land of Stargate itself too! Fate does deal a fortuitous hand sometimes!

Will also miss meeting all the new faces that come too, bringing their infectious enthusiasm along with them to join with mine, sharing everything we love about Stargate with others who understand! Add to this the wonderful actors and behind the scenes folk who brought us this most excellent show it always made for a fantastic 3/4 days that I will surely lament the passing of at the end of April.

Comment

Working...
                                X