No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. i'm new. Just wanted to say hi and hope to meet some of you in vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivers View Post
      Hi. i'm new. Just wanted to say hi and hope to meet some of you in vancouver.
      Welcome!!!!

Will this be your first convention? If so Vancouver is a great place for your first time.

It looks like this is your first post to the Forum so Welcome to GW too. It is a great place to hang out and meet new friends.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Hello Stargate fans !
        This is my first Stargate con too and I'm really looking forward to it.
        Won't be able to attend to the meet up dinner but definitely going tot the sign up dinner. Oh and I'm looking for a room mate whatever the hotel (Hilton or Holiday inn). If someone is interested to share the cost room, don't hesitate to tell me.
        See you in April.
        Atlantis for ever !

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
          Thursday April 26, 2012 time undetermined[/CENTER]

Attendees:
          mamasue9
          Camelot7414
          Geoi McKay
          MylittleEli
          Doublecut
          AnnieS
          Nut_ty
          hlndncr
          Krisz
          silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
          Scarym1
          Starbird
          taris-eirien
          dakodia
          Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 3)
          SabrinaB - very excited
          Nynaeve69+1
          CareBear
          Clairec007
          Arctic Goddess +2
          SweetTart

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
          Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
          Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
          Doublecut
          mamasue9
          Dr. Carson Beckett
          Camelot7414
          Krisz
          Geoi McKay
          Snowflake + 2(maybe 4)
          silvercomet
          Scarym1
          AnnieS + 1 maybe
          Nynaeve69 +1
          MylittleEli
          SabrinaB
          Starbird
          Clairec007
          Jian
          picardythirds
          nakedwesley
          knightie
          Vecturist
          SGAFan + 1
          Hoschi
          Lea
          helen450
          Nut_ty

hlndncr
          Dimonah Tralon
          CareBear
          llp
          RinkRat
          Arctic Goddess +2
          taris-eirien
          dakodia
          SweetTart

Ovolactopesco

Comment

Hey ovolactopesco this is AnnieS. And if you are in need of roomies. My friend Carebear (also on Gateworld) and I are looking for at least 1 or 2 more people to share our room. We are at the Hilton from April 25 to April 30 and you are welcome to join us. 3 in the room will really split the cost. Let me know.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Another FYI. I've invited Stargate Show Runner and writer, Joe Mallozzi to attend the Thursday evening dinner at Red Robbins.
              Normally, Joe does not attend these kinds of events so this is a very special once in a lifetime opportunity to meet one of the people behind this great show. One of the reasons he let me talk him into attending is that he and his writing partner, Paul Mullie have created a science fiction comic series called Dark Matter. He has agreed to talk about the "graphic novel" and autograph it for us. So, pick up your copy of the first two issues. Since Joe is a hard man to pin down, your autographed copy will be one of very few copies that will be out there that will be autographed by it's writer. It may be worth a bundle some day.

I thought I should give you all a heads up so you will have an opportunity to take advantage of Joe's presence at the dinner. Since he's a foodie and very particular about the food he eats, I doubt if he'll order anything, but it will be awesome to have him there.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012 time undetermined[/CENTER]

Attendees:
                mamasue9
                Camelot7414
                Geoi McKay
                MylittleEli
                Doublecut
                AnnieS
                Nut_ty
                hlndncr
                Krisz
                Scarym1
                Starbird
                taris-eirien
                dakodia
                Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                SabrinaB - very excited
                Nynaeve69+1
                CareBear
                Clairec007
                Arctic Goddess +2
                Rivers

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake +(maybe 3)
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                AnnieS + 1 maybe
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleEli
                SabrinaB
                Starbird
                Clairec007
                Jian
                picardythirds
                nakedwesley
                knightie
                Vecturist
                SGAFan + 1
                Hoschi
                Lea
                helen450
                Nut_ty

hlndncr
                Dimonah Tralon
                CareBear
                llp
                RinkRat
                Arctic Goddess +2
                taris-eirien
                dakodia
                SweetTart
                Ovolactopesco
                Rivers
                Music and Stargate
                sigpic
                Perfection

Comment

lolz, i just pasted that and right messed it up. but i fixed it....you might want to fix whatever i did wrong...
                  on a side note, being up still at 0630 might mess you up on a computer

welcome everyone new~~~ it will be lovely to meet you!

AnnieS ~ I am super glad you are finding roommates!!!

AG ~ quit scaring all the non Candians!! (we need them to help paying our 40% tax)
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Artic Goddess, That is great news about Joe Mallozzi.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012 time undetermined

Attendees:
                      mamasue9
                      Camelot7414
                      Geoi McKay
                      MylittleEli
                      Doublecut
                      AnnieS
                      Nut_ty
                      hlndncr
                      Krisz
                      Scarym1
                      Starbird
                      taris-eirien
                      dakodia
                      Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                      SabrinaB - very excited
                      Nynaeve69+1
                      CareBear
                      Clairec007
                      Arctic Goddess +2
                      Rivers

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                      Doublecut
                      mamasue9
                      Dr. Carson Beckett
                      Camelot7414
                      Krisz
                      Geoi McKay
                      Snowflake +(maybe 3)
                      silvercomet
                      Scarym1
                      AnnieS + 1 maybe
                      Nynaeve69 +1
                      MylittleEli
                      SabrinaB
                      Starbird
                      Clairec007
                      Jian
                      picardythirds
                      nakedwesley
                      knightie
                      Vecturist
                      SGAFan + 1
                      Hoschi
                      Lea
                      helen450
                      Nut_ty

hlndncr
                      Dimonah Tralon
                      CareBear
                      llp
                      RinkRat
                      Arctic Goddess +2
                      taris-eirien
                      dakodia
                      SweetTart
                      Ovolactopesco
                      Rivers

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Comment

Hi AnnieS ! Yes it would be great to share your room. I'll arrive Friday afternoon and leave on Monday morning so 3 nights. My seat is 28G (yeah I know too far from the stage), I guess we'll meet later this day. Have you already book a room ? Keep me informed on how you want to proceed. Thank you for everything. See you.

Comment

Hey there, ovolactopesco! Good to see you made it over here and that you're getting your accommodations worked out. Really looking forward to meeting you in person!
                          sigpic
                          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Sounds good ovolactopesco. I come in on the Thursday and Carebear is Wednesday. She has the room booked already. So we would pay her for our share. I will talk to her and get back to you about how much our share will be.
                            Last edited by AnnieS; 28 February 2012, 10:13 PM.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

YEAH JOE very COOL!!!!
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                Another FYI. I've invited Stargate Show Runner and writer, Joe Mallozzi to attend the Thursday evening dinner at Red Robbins.
                                I thought I should give you all a heads up so you will have an opportunity to take advantage of Joe's presence at the dinner. Since he's a foodie and very particular about the food he eats, I doubt if he'll order anything, but it will be awesome to have him there.
                                Wow, this is some interesting news. So, I'll finally/actually meet him.

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                                lolz, i just pasted that and right messed it up. but i fixed it....you might want to fix whatever i did wrong...
                                on a side note, being up still at 0630 might mess you up on a computer
                                Suuuuuure, blame the time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X