No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
    Thursday April 26, 2012
    time undetermined
    Attendees:
    mamasue9
    Camelot7414
    Geoi McKay
    MylittleEli
    Doublecut
    AnnieS
    Nut_ty
    hlndncr
    Krisz
    silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
    Scarym1
    Starbird
    taris-eirien
    dakodia

Dimonah Tralon

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    mamasue9
    Dr. Carson Beckett
    Camelot7414
    Krisz
    Geoi McKay
    Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
    silvercomet
    Scarym1
    AnnieS + 1 maybe
    Nynaeve69 +1
    MylittleElit
    SabrinaB
    Starbird
    Clairec007
    Jian
    picardythirds
    nakedwesley
    knightie
    Vecturist
    SGAFan + 1
    Hoschi
    Lea
    helen450
    taris-eirien
    dakodia
    Nut_ty

hlndncr
    Dimonah Tralon

Comment

Hello everybodee!!!

I'm baaack!

Looks like I will be at the last Creation Convention after all. Sadly, no Fan Party, but I was thinking of bringing a few friends with me to that get together on Thursday night.

I see that some of the usual suspects are also back. Good to see that there will be lots of familiar faces. Also great to see that there will be some new ones. For those of you who don't know me, I like to throw awesome parties with the coolest celebrities in attendance. I'm actually working on a weekend long party in Vancouver in 2013. So, this might be the last Creation con, but it won't be the last con.

More to follow.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
        Heya, Nut_ty! You'll be sitting by me! F33 I'll also be doing the site-seeing thing on Wednesday. Going to start at The Bridge Studios and work my way east. I think.
        I looked at my plane ticket again, and realized that I don't arrive until the afternoon. Wednesday night would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          Hello everybodee!!!

I'm baaack!

Looks like I will be at the last Creation Convention after all. Sadly, no Fan Party, but I was thinking of bringing a few friends with me to that get together on Thursday night.

I see that some of the usual suspects are also back. Good to see that there will be lots of familiar faces. Also great to see that there will be some new ones. For those of you who don't know me, I like to throw awesome parties with the coolest celebrities in attendance. I'm actually working on a weekend long party in Vancouver in 2013. So, this might be the last Creation con, but it won't be the last con.

More to follow.
          Hey Ag. Good to see you again. Look forward to seeing who you're talking about.
          sigpic
          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

it will not let me add to it.... *&&^%%$%^$#^ umm, please would someone add me to the Thursday dinner? just copy and paste? thanks!!
            Snowflake + 1 umm, maybe 5
            Music and Stargate
            sigpic
            Perfection

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
              Thursday April 26, 2012
              time undetermined
              Attendees:
              mamasue9
              Camelot7414
              Geoi McKay
              MylittleEli
              Doublecut
              AnnieS
              Nut_ty
              hlndncr
              Krisz
              silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
              Scarym1
              Starbird
              taris-eirien
              dakodia

Dimonah Tralon
              Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
              Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
              Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz
              Geoi McKay
              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
              silvercomet
              Scarym1
              AnnieS + 1 maybe
              Nynaeve69 +1
              MylittleElit
              SabrinaB
              Starbird
              Clairec007
              Jian
              picardythirds
              nakedwesley
              knightie
              Vecturist
              SGAFan + 1
              Hoschi
              Lea
              helen450
              taris-eirien
              dakodia
              Nut_ty

hlndncr
              Dimonah Tralon
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                it will not let me add to it.... *&&^%%$%^$#^ umm, please would someone add me to the Thursday dinner? just copy and paste? thanks!!
                Snowflake + 1 umm, maybe 5
                Done
                sigpic

Comment

Hey doublecut, I see you down there.....

Do you have a winner for the contest yet???

Other than that, how are you doing?
                  Sorry the Packers didn't get to the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                    Hey doublecut, I see you down there.....

Do you have a winner for the contest yet???

Other than that, how are you doing?
                    Sorry the Packers didn't get to the Superbowl.
                    Yep, we got a winner on try #5. Sorry, RinkRat. Would loved to have seen you there, but it was a random draw. I've been otherwise good. Moved to a city about 20 mins from where I was to be closer to work...spent most of the last six months doing the interviews you've seen up on the main page since September....with more to be conducted. I'm not worried about the Packers. We had a good team this year, but no defense to speak of. I never expected us to take it all the way. Next year, however, is a different story......
                    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                    Con-Version Calgary 2010
                    C2E2 2013-2015
                    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                      Hello everybodee!!!

I'm baaack!

More to follow.
                      Wondered where you were!!! Good to see you on the thread and that you are coming. It hasn't been the same without your wonderful educational snippets about the wonders of all things Canadian for our visitors from far shores!

Without all your wonderful stories about Canadian life I would never have settled as quickly into Canadian life and become the stalwart Canadian citizen that I am now!

Things I have since learned.......

You know you're from Vancouver if you buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.

Are not fazed by "Today's Forecast showers followed by rain" and "Tomorrow's Forecast rain followed by showers." Can't wait for a day with "Showers and sun breaks."

...and for all of you coming to visit our fair city!

"I can't believe it," said the tourist. "I've been here an entire week and it's done nothing but rain. When do you have summer here?"
                      "Well, that's hard to say," replied the local. "Last year, it was on a Wednesday."

That's great news about bringing some of the lovely Stargate people you know. It will be a mini fan party!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        Wondered where you were!!! Good to see you on the thread and that you are coming. It hasn't been the same without your wonderful educational snippets about the wonders of all things Canadian for our visitors from far shores!

Without all your wonderful stories about Canadian life I would never have settled as quickly into Canadian life and become the stalwart Canadian citizen that I am now!

You know you're from Vancouver if you buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.

Are not fazed by "Today's Forecast showers followed by rain" and "Tomorrow's Forecast rain followed by showers." Can't wait for a day with "Showers and sun breaks."

"I can't believe it," said the tourist. "I've been here an entire week and it's done nothing but rain. When do you have summer here?"
                        "Well, that's hard to say," replied the local. "Last year, it was on a Wednesday."

That's great news about bringing some of the lovely Stargate people you know. It will be a mini fan party!
                        OMG do not get her started!! i felt so bad for the people that believed her in the past. what was it? kiss the guy behind the counter of the hotel? there were so many, hmmm...
                        hahaha and the sunglasses thing is a B.C. thing, not just Vancouver. I have had so many pairs...
                        on a side note, did you send all your fog over here?

thanks Camelot7414
                        Music and Stargate
                        sigpic
                        Perfection

Comment

This will be my third trip to Vancouver. The first two times were for Gatecon 2003 & 2004 (once in July & once in September) & the weather was warm and dry. The only day it rained was the day of our location tour. It started off drizzly and just got worst as the day went on. It didn't damper our enthusiasm any. One of my best memories is getting our picture taken standing outside of Bridge Studios. Even tho we couldn't go inside it was still fun to be there.

Artic Goddess, Looking forward to hearing more about your event. I hope I can make it back to Vancouver in 2013.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            *snip*

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love these! I'm gonna use them all the time from now on. And the sad part is they are SO TRUE! Although I have to say that this winter has been decidedly mild by comparison to other years, at least it has been down here in Steveston (southern Vancouver Metropolis for those who don't know the area ). I am hoping that maybe it means we will have a nice hot summer
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                              AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love these! I'm gonna use them all the time from now on. And the sad part is they are SO TRUE! Although I have to say that this winter has been decidedly mild by comparison to other years, at least it has been down here in Steveston (southern Vancouver Metropolis for those who don't know the area ). I am hoping that maybe it means we will have a nice hot summer
                              I'd love to visit Dave's Fish&Chips, but the con schedule is frantic and I can't arrive any earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                I'd love to visit Dave's Fish&Chips, but the con schedule is frantic and I can't arrive any earlier.
                                aw thats too bad. I'd love to meet you there. My husband actually worked at Dave's for 6 years when he was a younger man Maybe I can get you some take out and bring it to convention one day
                                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X