No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
    Thursday April 26, 2012
    time undetermined
    Attendees:
    mamasue9
    Camelot7414
    Geoi McKay
    MylittleEli
    Doublecut
    AnnieS
    Nut_ty

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    mamasue9
    Dr. Carson Beckett
    Camelot7414
    Krisz
    Geoi McKay
    Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
    silvercomet
    Scarym1
    AnnieS + 1 maybe
    Nynaeve69 +1
    MylittleElit
    SabrinaB
    Starbird
    Clairec007
    Jian
    picardythirds
    nakedwesley
    knightie
    Vecturist
    SGAFan + 1
    Hoschi
    Lea
    helen450
    taris-eirien + 1
    Nut_ty

Comment

Hi all!

I'll be joining you in Vancouver in April!

This will be my first convention so I'll have lots of questions and need lots of advice.

I still have so many things to get arranged. But I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and having so much great Stargate-y Fun!

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
        time undetermined
        Attendees:
        mamasue9
        Camelot7414
        Geoi McKay
        MylittleEli
        Doublecut
        AnnieS
        Nut_ty
        hlndncr

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
        Doublecut
        mamasue9
        Dr. Carson Beckett
        Camelot7414
        Krisz
        Geoi McKay
        Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
        silvercomet
        Scarym1
        AnnieS + 1 maybe
        Nynaeve69 +1
        MylittleElit
        SabrinaB
        Starbird
        Clairec007
        Jian
        picardythirds
        nakedwesley
        knightie
        Vecturist
        SGAFan + 1
        Hoschi
        Lea
        helen450
        taris-eirien + 1
        Nut_ty

hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
          So sorry [SIGH]! Sometimes I get con-fuzzled
          no problem... Some folks on Facebook are having issues with their devices..

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
            time undetermined
            Attendees:
            mamasue9
            Camelot7414
            Geoi McKay
            MylittleEli
            Doublecut
            AnnieS
            Nut_ty
            hlndncr
            Krisz

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            AnnieS + 1 maybe
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleElit
            SabrinaB
            Starbird
            Clairec007
            Jian
            picardythirds
            nakedwesley
            knightie
            Vecturist
            SGAFan + 1
            Hoschi
            Lea
            helen450
            taris-eirien + 1
            Nut_ty

hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              We've had our yearly snow dump....about 7 inches fell overnight......and before any "experienced-with-snow Canadians" jump down my throat, we're not grousing, have already cleared and salted the paths and will be perfectly happy when it goes away, which it will very quickly...

Deeds xx
              Well, looks like you are getting a taste of Vancouver’s weather just to help you miss the place less!!! You’ve got the weather we had in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago. It seems like the winters in the old South East of England are getting worse since I left England’s shores behind.

Today I was awestruck by a gorgeous sunrise over the mountains, with the Fraser River thrown in for lovely scenery, I really wished I had my camera. Only problem I was driving across the Golden Ears Bridge on the way to work at the time so couldn’t enjoy it as much as I would have liked! It continued with a lovely sunny day and almost spring like, hit 10C on the car thermometer. Typical that I ended up working for the whole day today! On the way home there was the huge moon hanging above the snow capped mountains as the sun was setting. Altogether a lovely display by Mother Nature today.

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
              My seat is F 32. This will only be my 3rd convention (LA 2010 & 2011), and I would like to make some friends. None of my daughters are Stargate fans, so I would like to have friends that share the same passion

I'll be in Vancouver Wednesday am, and would like to join a group for sight seeing.
              I've put you on the seating plan.

I was so glad to find GW and conventions and a whole load of people who share a love of Stargate. My family are like yours, not interested, apart from my son who likes SGU, and did sit with me on occasion to watch SG-1 when he was younger and still lived at home, but he doesn't share my obsession!

I've taken Wednesday off work with the view to meeting up with folks for sightseeing (not Downtown Vancouver as that's easier to go around using transit) or Stargate location seeing! I will have my car so can drive some folks around.

Mamasue, did you say you were up for this? Can't remember as I didn't take note, and this was discussed quite a while back on the thread I recall. Anyone else?...let me know, there's room for 3 more and suggestions of what people want to see, then we can work out the logistics of it all.

Comment

Wow, it's amazing that there are still so many people who go to a SG convention for the first time. Welcome everybody.

I have no idea what I would have done withouth the people on GW. I was a nervous wreck before my first convention. Not knowing a single thing about how things work.

And now I'm actually some kind of a con-pro. Sadly, don't have much time for GW but here are so many other nice and helpful people who can answer all the questions newbies might have.
                sigpic

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
                  time undetermined
                  Attendees:
                  mamasue9
                  Camelot7414
                  Geoi McKay
                  MylittleEli
                  Doublecut
                  AnnieS
                  Nut_ty
                  hlndncr
                  Krisz
                  silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                  Doublecut
                  mamasue9
                  Dr. Carson Beckett
                  Camelot7414
                  Krisz
                  Geoi McKay
                  Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                  silvercomet
                  Scarym1
                  AnnieS + 1 maybe
                  Nynaeve69 +1
                  MylittleElit
                  SabrinaB
                  Starbird
                  Clairec007
                  Jian
                  picardythirds
                  nakedwesley
                  knightie
                  Vecturist
                  SGAFan + 1
                  Hoschi
                  Lea
                  helen450
                  taris-eirien + 1
                  Nut_ty

hlndncr
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I can post fine in other threads but when I reply with quotes to the dinner post
                    here it keeps saying that my message is too short and to add some haracters but when I do it still give me that stupid message.

Today is not turning out to be a very good day. So could someone please add my name to the Red Robin Dinner?

Only 78 more days to go until my vacation.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
                      time undetermined
                      Attendees:
                      mamasue9
                      Camelot7414
                      Geoi McKay
                      MylittleEli
                      Doublecut
                      AnnieS
                      Nut_ty
                      hlndncr
                      Krisz
                      Scarym1

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                      Doublecut
                      mamasue9
                      Dr. Carson Beckett
                      Camelot7414
                      Krisz
                      Geoi McKay
                      Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                      silvercomet
                      Scarym1
                      AnnieS + 1 maybe
                      Nynaeve69 +1
                      MylittleElit
                      SabrinaB
                      Starbird
                      Clairec007
                      Jian
                      picardythirds
                      nakedwesley
                      knightie
                      Vecturist
                      SGAFan + 1
                      Hoschi
                      Lea
                      helen450
                      taris-eirien + 1
                      Nut_ty

hlndncr
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                        Hi,

I can post fine in other threads but when I reply with quotes to the dinner post
                        here it keeps saying that my message is too short and to add some haracters but when I do it still give me that stupid message.

Today is not turning out to be a very good day. So could someone please add my name to the Red Robin Dinner?

Done
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                          Done
                          THANKS!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                            Hi,

Have to remove the quote brackets and it should work... But glad it's sorted now. See you there!
                            sigpic
                            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
                              time undetermined
                              Attendees:
                              mamasue9
                              Camelot7414
                              Geoi McKay
                              MylittleEli
                              Doublecut
                              AnnieS
                              Nut_ty
                              hlndncr
                              Krisz
                              Scarym1
                              Starbird

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                              Doublecut
                              mamasue9
                              Dr. Carson Beckett
                              Camelot7414
                              Krisz
                              Geoi McKay
                              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                              silvercomet
                              Scarym1
                              AnnieS + 1 maybe
                              Nynaeve69 +1
                              MylittleElit
                              SabrinaB
                              Starbird
                              Clairec007
                              Jian
                              picardythirds
                              nakedwesley
                              knightie
                              Vecturist
                              SGAFan + 1
                              Hoschi
                              Lea
                              helen450
                              taris-eirien + 1
                              Nut_ty

hlndncr
                              sigpic

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
                                time undetermined
                                Attendees:
                                mamasue9
                                Camelot7414
                                Geoi McKay
                                MylittleEli
                                Doublecut
                                AnnieS
                                Nut_ty
                                hlndncr
                                Krisz
                                Scarym1
                                Starbird
                                taris-eirien
                                dakodia

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                                Doublecut
                                mamasue9
                                Dr. Carson Beckett
                                Camelot7414
                                Krisz
                                Geoi McKay
                                Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                                silvercomet
                                Scarym1
                                AnnieS + 1 maybe
                                Nynaeve69 +1
                                MylittleElit
                                SabrinaB
                                Starbird
                                Clairec007
                                Jian
                                picardythirds
                                nakedwesley
                                knightie
                                Vecturist
                                SGAFan + 1
                                Hoschi
                                Lea
                                helen450
                                taris-eirien
                                dakodia
                                Nut_ty

hlndncr
                                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Working...
                                X