Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ooryl2 View Post
    Do you have a photo/scan of the program? Asked Adam about 2012 being the last Van con, and he said "don't believe rumors you hear in chat rooms".... I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, just curious to see the program myself.
    Yeah, sure thing. Considering it's all text, the scan is fairly large so it can be read without any trouble and I've highlighted the Vancouver info for convenience. If it's still too difficult to read, I can provide a bigger version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eationlist.png

If it really is just an unfortunate rumour, it would be a relief as a number of us were bummed to see that the Stargate con would be coming to an end. However, after checking the Creation site, unlike the LA convention the placeholder for the Vancouver con does not include "The Final" in the description.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
      Yeah, sure thing. Considering it's all text, the scan is fairly large so it can be read without any trouble and I've highlighted the Vancouver info for convenience. If it's still too difficult to read, I can provide a bigger version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eationlist.png

If it really is just an unfortunate rumour, it would be a relief as a number of us were bummed to see that the Stargate con would be coming to an end. However, after checking the Creation site, unlike the LA convention the placeholder for the Vancouver con does not include "The Final" in the description.
      It's weird. Maybe whoever typed up the program did that by mistake. Or maybe it is true. I would have expected Adam to confirm it though when asked if it was true. Guess we won't find out until they post the full Van2012 page. Sent along my suggestion for guests if it is indeed the end, including RDA (if not the whole SG1 team on stage together), Ruby Davis (Don's wife, who loves sharing stories about him, and does signatures for him), Lexa Doig, Claudia Black, Martin Wood, etc etc...

Comment

Like they do for Supernatural, maybe it will be a 'Salute to Stargate' to eliminate licensing issues.

Comment

I just sent Adam my feedback for the Star Trek con and mentioned the wording on the program and asked if it might mean that the location tours may not be available past 2012. Either way, I'm anticipating a great con in 2012 and will definitely pre-book a seat for a 2013 con.

In regard to the montage prints, I got one for last year's Star Trek con in Vancouver for a couple reasons, primarily because I had missed the first day due to having to work that day and it was signed by the guests I had missed and, second, there were absolutely no 8x10s left for any of Casey Biggs' characters. I prefer the individual 8x10s because they can be personalized, which could be tough to do with a montage print containing a dozen guests.

It doesn't hurt that it's much easier to keep an 8x10 in an album.

Comment

I just sent Adam my feedback for the Star Trek con and mentioned the wording on the program and asked if it might mean that the location tours may not be available past 2012. Either way, I'm anticipating a great con in 2012 and will definitely pre-book a seat for a 2013 con.

In regard to the montage prints, I got one for last year's Star Trek con in Vancouver for a couple reasons, primarily because I had missed the first day due to having to work that day and it was signed by the guests I had missed and, second, there were absolutely no 8x10s left for any of Casey Biggs' characters. I prefer the individual 8x10s because they can be personalized, which could be tough to do with a montage print containing a dozen guests.

It doesn't hurt that it's much easier to keep an 8x10 in an album.
            Certainly all good points for the individual 8x10s. I just liked having one thing for everyone to sign, and something that represented that specific con. I could get the ticket signed, but that's not quite the same as the poster print was.

Comment

Certainly all good points for the individual 8x10s. I just liked having one thing for everyone to sign, and something that represented that specific con. I could get the ticket signed, but that's not quite the same as the poster print was.
              me too...

Comment

Perhaps it merely means the end of the convention year, and then starting in May is the next "year". I can't imagine a huge con following just ending.

Comment

Heard back again from Adam, the show is "not going away, just changing." He can't go into details at this time, only that "the show will transform in a way [they] are determining at this time."

So, my guess is that it will turn into a combined convention maybe? As long as its not Twilight/Stargate! No shiny vampires with our gate please!

Comment

.......my, my your teeth sure do look like chevrons.....

Comment

Heard back again from Adam, the show is "not going away, just changing." He can't go into details at this time, only that "the show will transform in a way [they] are determining at this time."

So, my guess is that it will turn into a combined convention maybe? As long as its not Twilight/Stargate! No shiny vampires with our gate please!
                      Stargate and Fringe would be a great combination! Two of my favourite shows.

Comment

Perhaps Stargate/Sanctuary? Unless Gabit has exclusive rights for Sanctuary conventions, but there doesn't seem to be any Gabit cons on the horizon outside of the AT cons.

Comment

Perhaps Stargate/Sanctuary? Unless Gabit has exclusive rights for Sanctuary conventions, but there doesn't seem to be any Gabit cons on the horizon outside of the AT cons.
                          They do. It's called TSE(the sanctuary experience) and it is in the planning stage along with AT6.

Comment

Creation has location tours for Supernatural, and Chris H and Corin Nemec have appeared on that show, so one can only guess. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Star Trek/Stargate con.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              Creation has location tours for Supernatural, and Chris H and Corin Nemec have appeared on that show, so one can only guess. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Star Trek/Stargate con.
                              STAR CON!

I was planning next year Chicago as I am planted in the midwest. It would be the first, so I hope that these are not taking a back seat! Plus Star trek and Stargate? Sounds Awesome!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                              "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                              Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                              Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                              etc.....

Comment

Krisz, MAJOR CONGRATS on passing!!!

Well now that Louis Ferriera is now doing his very first convention (he will be at Dragon Con in September), maybe he will now come to Creation. And bring Robert Carlyle with him. Fingers crossed!!!
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X