• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    Dr. Carson Beckett

Originally posted by txTart View Post
    Did the price for photo ops go up, like, in the last couple of days? I'm pretty sure that's the most I've ever paid. Marketplace will tell, I guess. (And Joe's on top as far as price, even beating out LDP! $60 to Lou's $55)
    No, the prices have been pretty stable since they've been announced. I've been keeping a running tally to see how much I'll need to budget in order to get all these photo ops and Joe's has always been up at $60

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I've made the seat plan again if anyone is interested to know where people are sitting in relation to eachother. Just give your seat number and I'll update the list.
    I'm in B12 this year. (a huge upgrade from G3 last year)
    Last edited by Dr. Carson Beckett; 23 January 2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Without further delay....here it is...the....

Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
      Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
      Doublecut
      mamasue9
      Dr. Carson Beckett

Comment

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
        Doublecut
        mamasue9
        Dr. Carson Beckett
        Camelot7414
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I have not yet received an e-mail saying I won the tickets for the con, so that means no signing up for what sounds like an awesome goodbye dinner.

Hope you all have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
            [

No, the prices have been pretty stable since they've been announced. I've been keeping a running tally to see how much I'll need to budget in order to get all these photo ops and Joe's has always been up at $60

Ha. Just shows how little I pay attention! Thanks for the info.
            sigpic

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                sigpic
                "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

GUEST LIST:
                  Doublecut
                  mamasue9
                  Dr. Carson Beckett
                  Camelot7414
                  Krisz
                  Geoi McKay
                  Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Just quick, RL doesn't really give me time for Gateworld. Hope I'll be able to catch up on everything soon.

Anyway, I'm still here, and I'm still coming. Just booked the room at the Holiday Inn.

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                    Well, I have not yet received an e-mail saying I won the tickets for the con, so that means no signing up for what sounds like an awesome goodbye dinner.

Hope you all have a great time!
                    *sniffs*, too bad.
                    sigpic

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                      Doublecut
                      mamasue9
                      Dr. Carson Beckett
                      Camelot7414
                      Krisz
                      Geoi McKay
                      Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                      silvercomet
                      sigpic

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                        Doublecut
                        mamasue9
                        Dr. Carson Beckett
                        Camelot7414
                        Krisz
                        Geoi McKay
                        Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                        silvercomet
                        Scarym1
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Hey...the Kelownan is back!!! Great to hear you are coming this year.

I sat in Row B last year but for some odd reason found it was too close to the stage to get good angles when taking photos. So I chose to sit closer to the middle aisle in row E this time round even though there were still choices in row B when I bought my ticket. I reckoned this might be the right distance and angle to get reasonable photos with my camera lens.

I sat in Row D one year, but I was on the end seat on the left hand side aisle and it was too far for good photos with that angle.

I've made the seat plan again if anyone is interested to know where people are sitting in relation to eachother. Just give your seat number and I'll update the list.

Scarym1 - H11
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I'm i D7.
                            sigpic

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                              Doublecut
                              mamasue9
                              Dr. Carson Beckett
                              Camelot7414
                              Krisz
                              Geoi McKay
                              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                              silvercomet
                              Scarym1
                              AnnieS
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hey guys,

Anyone still need a roomate for the convention. Even though I live in North Vancouver. I find that it SO MUCH easier to stay at the hotel. Especially as it is shaping up to be a VERY busy weekend and Sunday is a ***** for transit here on the North Shore. Let me know. I had messages out to at least 2 people and nothing came of this . Please let me know ASAP thanks.

The last response was for Friday night only. I need for the whole weekend (Thursday to Monday).
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X