No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope it really is across the street....you cross the road at the crossing to the right of the Hilton, and the hotel is just round the corner - others who stayed there will have the correct instructions but it isn't dreadfully difficult to get to and will take a max of 5 mins at most I'd think...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Deeds is correct about the directions to the Holiday Inn Express. If you're taking the skytrain to get to Metrotown, it practically drops you off at the Holiday Inn. For those people who may need to mail stuff home from auctions, etc, there's a UPS store across from the Hilton.

Comment

I didn't notice until just now that the con hotel is on McKay Avenue. Lol! XD

Comment

oh gosh, it is too! to think I've driven down that street many times and not paid any attention to the name Good eye syncline

Comment

There is no turning back now. I just bought my non refundable GOLD TICKET.

Thank God the exchange rate with the Canadian Dollar is almost par with the US. $406.75 US = about $412. 51 Canadian.

It will all depend on my hotel situation if I can afford any photo ops. Oh well at least I can get all the autos I want.
            sigpic
            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Kate Hewlett was added

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
                That's one of the first things I noticed when I went last year. So... on Sunday with David Hewlett in attendance it will officially be McKay on McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                  Kate Hewlett was added
                  AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *faints*

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

I had just asked her on twitter if she could come, and of course didn't get a response, but now.... YESSSSSS! Stupidly over-stimulated right now!
                  sigpic
                  "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Hey, I have one more question about the autographs... Do they do each guest individually, or, like since all the SGA peeps will be there on Sunday, will they do them all at once and have everyone in one queue?
                    sigpic
                    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

They have tables set up where the guests sit, generally on either side of the stage, and they line everybody up in a queue starting with the Row A and working their way back. If one line moves faster than the others, they will ask people to move from, say, Joe's line into David's line.

The guests who sign directly to fans (in this case: Robert Picardo, Andee Frizzell, Julia Benson, Gary Chalk and Kate Hewlett) have a table set up in the vendor's area where they will sign autographs and talk in a leisurely setting. While there could be a line depending on when you go up to them, it could also be just you and them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                        I have heard complaints that at Creation cons the autograph & Photo lines tend to go really fast. Sort of blink and you might miss it. I have also heard stories that no matter how they tried to get David H. to go faster, he always stops to chat with each fan. I was fortunate enough to see David H. before and he took his time signing my photo & chatting with me.
                        Two years ago in Chicago David H. did take time and personalize everyone who bought an auto. His session ran late into the night on Sunday his flight was on that Monday.

Last year in here Chicago neither David or Joe did any personalization on autos not even for Gold. Both had flights out on Sunday early evening and the autos were done very fast just moving the lines along. I have to say I really didn't like that at all but I know they both wanted to get out of there.
                        One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Courtam3 View Post

Last year in here Chicago neither David or Joe did any personalization on autos not even for Gold. Both had flights out on Sunday early evening and the autos were done very fast just moving the lines along. I have to say I really didn't like that at all but I know they both wanted to get out of there.
                          David did personalize at his earlier autograph session, but they were really trying to move Joe along quickly. When I went through, they were both on the same side, Joe first. They kept telling me to move over to David's table, before Joe had even signed my pic. I was at the front of the line and Joe had just sat down, and the staff were talking to him.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK, guys....a couple quick things to report:

I should have final confirmation on the reservation for the GateWorld dinner this week...and as soon as I do, either myself or Mamasue9 will be posting a sign-up on here (this thread). Essentially, all you'll need to do is copy and paste my post into yours without actually quoting it...and just adding your forum name in the appropriate area. For the newbies, you are welcome to bring a +1, 2 or 3...BUT if they are not actual forum members, they will not be eligible for any potential prize giveaways we might have. (No guarantee of prizes, but the last couple years we've had some awesome giveaways that included genuine props and costumes from SG-1 and Atlantis and autographed pieces from the casts of SGU and Eureka). So, it's important that if they want to win, they sign up for the forum here themselves.

Regardless, we DO have several confirmed special guests joining the festivities -- we don't give out names, so don't ask. BUT...it'll be worth your while to come! Also, remember that the dinner is essentially private. The less people at the convention that know about the when and where the better, as that means more face time for all of you with any peeps I bring along.

I'll be leaving to head to Vancouver on Monday, April 23rd...several days before everything kicks off. Namely to do interviews with several cast and crew that won't be present at the con, along with some visits to other show sets. I'll be staying off-site for sure from Monday through Thursday. But, when the con begins, I'd like to be able to be on-site continuously. The nature of how expensive this trip is may make that impossible, though. SO....if ANYONE is willing to let me room with them at the Hilton from Friday through Sunday after the dinner (at no charge)...it would be very appreciated. Essentially, your room at the hotel would become Stargate Command...my base of operations. But with as many guests as Creation has announced, I wouldn't be using it for much other than sleep and to fire out con updates for the site.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. The person whose name the room is reserved under (and potentially some of their guests) will also be allowed to sit in on a few interviews I do with various cast members as a thank-you for your generosity. I know having an extra roomie for a few days may be an inconvienence (especially when I can't contribute much if anything in the way of funds)...but I will do what I can to try to even things out a bit.

Finally, the gold tickets for the con we offered are still up for grabs. Our first winner forfeited by not getting back to us in time...and the second has now declined them due to a unforseeable schedule conflict that won't allow them to attend. A new winner will be picked and notified by the end of this weekend. So, if you initially entered the contest, make sure to watch your inbox here in the forum and also the e-mail address that you used when you signed up.

That is all. More updates to come.
                            Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                            Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                            Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                            Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                            Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                            Con-Version Calgary 2010
                            C2E2 2013-2015
                            TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                            Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                            Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                            FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Hey guys. Anyone still need a roomate for the convention. Even though I live in North Vancouver. I find that it SO MUCH easier to stay at the hotel. Especially as it is shaping up to be a VERY busy weekend and Sunday is a ***** for transit here on the North Shore. Let me know. I had messages out to at least 2 people and nothing came of this . Please let me know ASAP thanks.

The guest list is shaping up majorly well. And looking forward to the the Gateworld dinner as always.

As for transit from the airport to the hotel. The Canada Line travels from the airport straight to Waterfront station downtown. Then you transfer to either the Expo of Milliuman Line (there are signs and staff at Station so just ask. And then get off at Metrotown station and from there it is a short walk to the hotel. It costs about $7.00 bucks (with it being several zones). And I highly recommend it since a taxi would probably cost more than $50 bucks from there to the hotel.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
                                It's quite funny how many people haven't really noticed over the years!

That's not the only 'Stargate character named' road, how about this intersection not too far from where I live? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X