No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea....tickets are available for the Monday tour.

Comment

It looks like the location tours are still popular, something that at least can be offered at this con only! I bought the ticket early when I decided to go on this final tour as I had a feeling that the Thursday tour would be sold out quickly due to it being the only one offered initially by Creation. So it's good they were able to offer another one on the Monday too for all those that still wanted to go.

I'm hoping the 'Watchmen' movie set is still standing and that is a stop on the tour. It's where the street scenes in SGU's episode 'Blockade' were filmed. It does say they are visiting some locations not visited before, so I'm hoping it's some from SGU. It's places like this I hope to see, ones you can go into with the tour, but can only see from the outside when you go to these places on your own as they are on private property. I'm betting 'Bordertown' won't be on the tour this year because I'm going, and it's a place I've wanted to see and even more frustratingly it's close to where I live! Perhaps I'm fated never to set foot in there,LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by kortnie
        The Creation website makes no mention of when signings will take place, so I can't even begin to determine which flight I should take home. (My flight options are: depart YVR at Noon on Sunday, or Noon on Monday)
        I would recommend the Monday flight in that case as, with the exception of Robert Picardo (who will be signing at a table in the vendors area through-out the weekend), the autograph signings are at the end of the day, which could easily be around 4 or 5PM.

Based on the recent Star Trek convention in Vancouver, which featured less guests than will be attending the Stargate con, autographing on Friday began just before 7PM, and quarter to 6PM on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          I went on the set tour last year and I don't recall having to sign any waiver. We went to a lot of places, including getting to go inside Jack's home. I think if they were still filming then you might have to sign the waiver but since they are not, I suspect it won't be an issue. Someone should contact Creation and have them ask Lynn.
          I can maybe understand the waiver. Especially Jack's house. Since it is a private residence (the homeowners wouldn't want their personal belongings to be broadcast on the internet).
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
            I can maybe understand the waiver. Especially Jack's house. Since it is a private residence (the homeowners wouldn't want their personal belongings to be broadcast on the internet).
            Hmm... Probably the same for the house where David filmed A Dog's Breakfast too. Didn't really think about that, lol. [/space cadet] Well, better go on and mark that one off my list of things to do/see in Burnaby.
            sigpic
            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Noticed Creation had updated the Chicago con page - some of the photo ops are cheaper in Chicago...
              sigpic

Comment

The last time I was in Vancouver was in 2004 and for the past 7 years I have been dreaming about going back. Despites some ups and downs I am determined to make it out to Vancouver this year. I might have to tighten my budget up a bit but I still going.

I have seen some great con vids of Joe and David together. I am soooo excited to see them. I am also excited to see Robert Picardo!!!!
                sigpic
                Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                  The last time I was in Vancouver was in 2004 and for the past 7 years I have been dreaming about going back. Despites some ups and downs I am determined to make it out to Vancouver this year. I might have to tighten my budget up a bit but I still going.

I have seen some great con vids of Joe and David together. I am soooo excited to see them. I am also excited to see Robert Picardo!!!!
                  Heya, Scarym! Fancy meeting you here. I so wanna pal around with you a bit at the con. When's your flight? Are you going for any extra days? I'm going for 6 days. I think. Maybe 5. Will see.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                    Heya, Scarym! Fancy meeting you here. I so wanna pal around with you a bit at the con. When's your flight? Are you going for any extra days? I'm going for 6 days. I think. Maybe 5. Will see.
                    Hi, Geoi.

My flight is booked from Wed April 25 - Monday April 30. I want to do some sightseeing on Thursday & maybe Friday, depending on when the con starts.

Does anyone who has been to the Vancouver con before remember what time things usually start on Friday?

I haven't bought my ticket yet. Waiting on a few things to work themselves out first before I decide. I also want like to see what their other packages are. Creation said they would be posting them soon.

Does anyone have any thoughts on other packages beside the GOLD?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                      Hi, Geoi.

My flight is booked from Wed April 25 - Monday April 30. I want to do some sightseeing on Thursday & maybe Friday, depending on when the con starts.

Does anyone who has been to the Vancouver con before remember what time things usually start on Friday?

I haven't bought my ticket yet. Waiting on a few things to work themselves out first before I decide. I also want like to see what their other packages are. Creation said they would be posting them soon.

Does anyone have any thoughts on other packages beside the GOLD?
                      Cool, cool. Where do you think you'll be crashing? I have a mate that wants to book at the Hilton, but even with the con discount, it's $165 a night, plus you have to pay extra for parking and wifi. The Accent Inn/Burnaby is straight across the street from the Bridge Studios (which would be an awesome thing to walk/drive by everyday), is a bit over $100 a night, has a microwave and mini-fridge in every room, free parking, free wifi, free shuttle to places in Burnaby, is only like half a block from the sky train stop, and is only 5 km from the Hilton. It seems like SUCH a better deal. But, I'll probably end up staying at the Hilton for Fri-Sat-Sun anyway.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you really want to get the most out of the Convention, then I'd suggest it's a lot easier to stay at the Hilton....the fact that you can leave stuff in your room and then quickly pop up to get it if you need to, or take stuff you've bought or won in an auction instead of having to carry it with you all day is a winner imho...

Plus the signings and Dessert Party (if you go Gold) go on well into the evening...it's handy to just have to crash upstairs instead of having to find transport to get you home late, and then make sure you are up early to start the next day's festivities...

I believe there's another hotel just across the road from the Hilton that others use....never stayed there myself but that is literally only a 2 minute walk, which is preferable to a Skytrain ride or a more expensive option of taking a cab...

Scary - as for packages....not sure these days which is best......I don't think Gold is good value nowadays but then I have been to 6 of these and have more or less everything I want....if you want to go out in style then go for Gold, if you just want the experience without all the autos, and stuff then get a cheaper ticket and pick and choose what you want to pay for when you get there.....I've done Silver before and that's not too bad...although my own personal opinion is that Creation could have reduced prices a bit instead of increasing them, especially during a seriously bad Worldwide Recession but then they're not the only ones doing this....fans will pay what fans want to pay to see their fav actors...

Nowadays, like last year, I buy the cheapest seat at the back and pay for only the barest minimum stuff I want/need...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

The other hotel that is adjacent to the Hilton is the Holiday Inn Express where I'll be staying.

Comment

Discodiva, Thanks for the advice. To bad you are not going this year. It would have been nice to meet up.

I was thinking about going for Gold but recent events have made me revise my budget. What I can afford to get (autos/photos) is all up in the air now. Oh well at least I am going to be there which is the most important part.

Geoi I tentatively have roomies. They just have to work some stuff out before they can confirm. Hopefully by February everything will be fine. If not, I might just contact you for crash space.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Deeds, you make a fair argument. I will try and talk her into only staying at the Hilton Fri-Sun, and maybe the Accent Inn on Weds-Thurs. That way we both get what we want. No sense being stuck in Metrotown when there's no reason to be.

I bought the Gold pass because this is my first con, and because I wanted to hurry up and get the ticket so it'd be easier to force myself to save the money I need to go. I don't really care about getting autographs from anyone except David Hewlett and Ryan Robbins myself. I'll see if it's easy enough to get one from Paul and Joe for my mates, and maybe Kavan too for another mate. Since I get one autograph from each celeb free, right? Since Picardo will be selling autographs on the floor, I would have to pay for his if I wanted it?

I don't get any photo-ops free with my Gold pass, do I? Have to pay for those separately, yeah? I'm working on it. Need a few more weeks to decide how many I want. I want two with Ryan and three with David. Is that okay? Or is it bad form to get so many of one person just for yourself? I don't know, but it's probably the only time I'll ever get to meet David, and I can't decide on just one pose!

Also want three things signed by David... I have to buy two other autograph tickets then? I'm so excited that I can't even slow down to get my questions in order.
                              sigpic

Comment

You go for whatever autos and photo ops you want....I've got a ton of ones done with Michael Shanks - I probably buy at least 2 each time I see him, so don't worry about getting 3 with DH...if you're paying for it, why should anyone have a problem?...

You're right in that you don't get any POps in the cost of a Gold ticket so that part WILL work out quite expensive...however, if it is your one and only trip AND the fandom is shrinking and dedicated Stargate Cons are dwindling I'd say if you've got the money then go for it sooner rather than later...

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X