Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bethanygm View Post
    we are on a very very tight budget...
    If you want to safe money in Vancouver, try Groupon. They usually have some good deals on. BigBus hop on hop off tour for $27 instead of $45 for example. I wish I had found that back in Summer, would have saved heaps of money when my parents were here.

I tried Groupon myself and it works too. You just buy your tickets online, print them out and use them. Never had a problem and I don't even live in a Groupon city, but every time I go on vacation now I use it.
    (Not sure if I can advertise this, but if not, feel free to delete my post)

Comment

If you are on a tight budget and are willing to rent a car, flying into Seattle or Bellingham may be a cheaper option than flying into Vancouver.

There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (like Red Robin) and there is the foodcourt right next to the hotel if you like Chinese food. Restaurants tend to be a little pricier in Vancouver. I'd cosider budgeting $40-50 a person a day for food reasonable.

There are also cheaper hotels in the area if you don't mind going back and forth.
      sigpic

Comment

You could probably book room 147 at the Accent Inn, if it's available! That's the hotel opposite Bridge Studios and it took me until re-watching SG-1's '48 Hours' today with the GW re-watch to actually notice the room number and that Maybourne tells Jack that he's staying at the Accent Inn in the episode! LOL!

Comment

The Accent Inn is also where Vala handcuffed Cam to the bed.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

There are also food outlets in the grocery store across from the hotel. And a major food court and restaurants in Metrotown which is the mall around the corner
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Sorry if I'm beating this to death, but I really don't have time to go through all the posts here right now. Anyone looking for a roomie Thursday-Sunday? Isn't there a thread or a page on livejournal or something where we can find someone to bunk with?

This will be my first real convention, and my first time to ACTUALLY go to Vancouver! I've street-viewed the crap out of it on google-maps though. I seriously know that city as well as I know San Antonio.

I'm excited, but I'm totally waiting until they announce the winner of the contest to buy my ticket,,, never know, right? I hope they don't run out of gold tickets before I can get mine.
              sigpic
              "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                As of Tuesday, I just confirmed a second celebrity guest for the GW dinner Sunday evening. I'll try to have more details available shortly after the new year starts. That said, you guys will flip over both guests...and I'm hoping for a couple more. This being the last Creation SG con (and GW dinner) is not going unaware by the casts...
                hi,
                Is there a sign up list or date yet? Sorry if this has been posted previously.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                  hi,
                  Is there a sign up list or date yet? Sorry if this has been posted previously.
                  Not yet as he's waiting to hear back from Sammy J's.

Comment

Hi all! So in regards to the GW dinner, I'm still waiting to hear back from the restaraunt...but I wanted to let you know I received this message in my personal email yesterday in regards to it...

"Hey Chad, Merry Christmas!
                    My name is ********** and I am among twenty-or-so crewmembers that have worked on Stargate from SG-1's pilot episode until the very last day of SGU.
                    As I'm sure you know, for every screen credit position on any show there are a dozens that remain somewhat invisible to the public, I was one of those.
                    I was the series' de-facto graphic designer responsible for items like signage, military insignia, tattoos, alien text (including Ancient),weapons control systems etc.
                    I later moved more towards fabrication and had virtually every piece used in the construction of SGU's Destiny pass through the hands of either me or my assistant.
                    While our stories may not be as wild and woolly as some of the on-set crew, there are quite a few tales to be told of hidden messages snuck into Ancient text, specific design elements of some military insignia and more.
                    My family and I are currently vacationing and will be back in Vancouver in January where I will resume work on Falling Skies. I won't know what my schedule will look like until I get back but would certainly be interested in attending, and please know there are dozens behind the scenes types like me that would likely feel the same way.

Have a wonderful Christmas, look forward to hearing from you again."

So, my question is...would those already planning to attend enjoy the presence and the ability to pick the brains of many of the behind the scenes crew that have remained unsung for the most part? Could be another fun way to celebrate this final con, and these guests would be in addition to special guest cast members. Sound off!
                    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                    Con-Version Calgary 2010
                    C2E2 2013-2015
                    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                      Hi all! So in regards to the GW dinner, I'm still waiting to hear back from the restaraunt...but I wanted to let you know I received this message in my personal email yesterday in regards to it...

"Hey Chad, Merry Christmas!
                      My name is ********** and I am among twenty-or-so crewmembers that have worked on Stargate from SG-1's pilot episode until the very last day of SGU.
                      As I'm sure you know, for every screen credit position on any show there are a dozens that remain somewhat invisible to the public, I was one of those.
                      I was the series' de-facto graphic designer responsible for items like signage, military insignia, tattoos, alien text (including Ancient),weapons control systems etc.
                      I later moved more towards fabrication and had virtually every piece used in the construction of SGU's Destiny pass through the hands of either me or my assistant.
                      While our stories may not be as wild and woolly as some of the on-set crew, there are quite a few tales to be told of hidden messages snuck into Ancient text, specific design elements of some military insignia and more.
                      My family and I are currently vacationing and will be back in Vancouver in January where I will resume work on Falling Skies. I won't know what my schedule will look like until I get back but would certainly be interested in attending, and please know there are dozens behind the scenes types like me that would likely feel the same way.

Have a wonderful Christmas, look forward to hearing from you again."

So, my question is...would those already planning to attend enjoy the presence and the ability to pick the brains of many of the behind the scenes crew that have remained unsung for the most part? Could be another fun way to celebrate this final con, and these guests would be in addition to special guest cast members. Sound off!
                      Absolutely!!

Comment

I would to meet this person as well Doublecut.
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

That sounds really really interesting, Doublecut! Wait, is there a thread for the gateworld dinner? I am only finding random chatter about it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                            That sounds really really interesting, Doublecut! Wait, is there a thread for the gateworld dinner? I am only finding random chatter about it.
                            I'll be starting one as soon as he gives me the go-ahead. The list will be on this thread where I take food orders through private messaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              I went nuts and bought a location tour ticket!

Crazy I know, since I live in Vancouver, but this being the last convention, I thought it would be nice to wander around to places that I haven't seen and perhaps get into places you can't with DIY visits.

Most of all I bought it because it's a chance to wander around with fellow fans and spend a whole day reminiscing about all the great adventures in the lovely places some of them were set. A final farewell to wandering around Vancouver with fellow Stargate fans I guess.

If the tour ends up having Cloverdale as a stop I'll have to hide and hope no one from the office happens to be wandering around. They'd probably wonder what that crazy person is doing back in the area when I'm supposed to be off on a few days vacation!!!! LOL!
                              Is your tour on Thursday because Creation just added the second location tour for Monday, which in the past there were two location tours?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                I'll be starting one as soon as he gives me the go-ahead. The list will be on this thread where I take food orders through private messaging.
                                Awesome! Stoked for it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X