No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a heart attack when I saw the prices for photo ops....need more savings...quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      I noticed that all the auto and photo op prices went up $5-$10 for Vancouver. Definitely means I'm buying there and double-checking whose I want to buy.
      Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
      I just had a heart attack when I saw the prices for photo ops....need more savings...quickly
      I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like the prices were high!

I'm very new to Conventions (this will be my first Vancouver one, and only my second con ever!), but is there any chance we can negotiate with Creation to get lower prices? Especially since it sounds like prices were lower in previous years.

Sorry if that's a totally stupid question...I'm going to go hide now and hope you guys don't laugh at me too much.
      sigpic
      ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

I noticed those higher prices too - MAN!!! I wonder what they will be for Chicago?
        One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Good luck with negotiating...let us know the outcome.....

It would be good if prices dropped especially with such a dire worldwide economic recession and the problems that many face to make ends meet and/or to save up for stuff like this..

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'm not sure if the higher prices are from Creation or what the guests are asking. Probably six of one, half-a-dozen of the other. I do wonder what this will do to demand.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not too fussed about the higher prices, other than it altering my thoughts on how sufficient my current budget planning has been, if the demand would make them consider extending the life of the con into 2013.

I guess we should all be thankful that it's nothing like the Supernatural con where front row tickets cost in excess of $1000.

I'm still aiming for at least one photo with each guest.

Comment

There'll be other stargate/scifi related conventions in Vancouver.....not affiliated with Creation.....more fan-run..

Comment

I remember one front row seat at Vancon going for over $1000 at auction one year.....I believe a very "enthusiastic" fan (who many of us might remember for her "exhuberance" ) was willing to pay almost anything....but that was at the height of the SG1 popularity...these days I think people are being a lot more selective for what they pay out for....

As for the SPN cons, yeah I know full well the prices being charged.....a friend is going to one and I'm astounded at the cost of photo ops, seat prices and other things....am very glad it's not my fandom....

For me, with very expensive transatlantic air fares and no Michael Shanks it's not worth me bothering....I am sad to miss the last dedicated SG1 con - I also missed the first in 2005 - but I have some very good memories of all the others to look back on.....am sure everyone will have a smashing time....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I am glad to not have the added expense of airfare.

And with both my vacation and profit sharing going into the weekend. I am not worried.
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

And yeah th Supernatural one is pricey. Glad not my fandom either. The 1000 dollars front row seats probably pays for the security guys for Jared and Jenson.
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Suanne Braun (Hathor) just announced.
                        sigpic

Comment

As of Tuesday, I just confirmed a second celebrity guest for the GW dinner Sunday evening. I'll try to have more details available shortly after the new year starts. That said, you guys will flip over both guests...and I'm hoping for a couple more. This being the last Creation SG con (and GW dinner) is not going unaware by the casts...
                          Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                          Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                          Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                          Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                          Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                          Con-Version Calgary 2010
                          C2E2 2013-2015
                          TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                          Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                          Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                          FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                            As of Tuesday, I just confirmed a second celebrity guest for the GW dinner Sunday evening. I'll try to have more details available shortly after the new year starts. That said, you guys will flip over both guests...and I'm hoping for a couple more. This being the last Creation SG con (and GW dinner) is not going unaware by the casts...

Can't wait!! This will my first trip to Vancouver, although I've been to the Chicago and LA Cons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                              as of tuesday, i just confirmed a second celebrity guest for the gw dinner sunday evening. I'll try to have more details available shortly after the new year starts. That said, you guys will flip over both guests...and i'm hoping for a couple more. This being the last creation sg con (and gw dinner) is not going unaware by the casts...
                              :d

Comment

That is totally cool to hear.
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X