Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
    I agree. I think, closer to the date, it wouldn't hurt to email Creation and ask that Joe be put on stage first. David tends to be put on stage first. (Although, Joe's patience only goes so far and he usually invades anyway. LOL)

True! Joe's always begging David not to leave. Good reason to get Joe on stage first.
    Plus given his new projects, Joe has plenty of things to talk about.
    sigpic

Comment

This will be my first Creation con and it is looking to be superb, loving all the guys that are being announced, fingers crossed for Chris Heyerdahl....
      Booked up for the location tour as well...yeah!!
      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        Paul and Kavan wouldn't be too bad for a duo photo op...
        As they are on different days (Kavan on Saturday, Paul on Sunday), I doubt this will happen.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
          As they are on different days (Kavan on Saturday, Paul on Sunday), I doubt this will happen.
          I realize that, but it's just a thought. I think the two of them could play off each other nicely...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
            This will be my first Creation con and it is looking to be superb, loving all the guys that are being announced, fingers crossed for Chris Heyerdahl....
            Yeah, he was present at this year's con and, due to Chris Judge needing to leave, was taken out a panel with Corin Nemec, Jamil Walker Smith and JR Bourne to take Chris Judge's solo spot. Chris Heyerdahl was really good in his talk, but I would love to see a Chris Heyerdahl/Joe Flanigan pairing to play off the Todd/Sheppard chemistry.

Most of all, I would really like for some of the women of Stargate to make an appearance. There are plenty to choose from, including Amanda Tapping, Rachel Luttrell, Jewel Staite, Teryl Rothery... Torri Higginson.

Hope you have a great time as it's bound to be a really fun weekend. My own wishlist other than the aforementioned women of Stargate includes (though is not limited to) THE Richard Dean Anderson, David Nykl, Jason Momoa and Michael Shanks. It's just too bad there are a limited number of guest spots remaining. The local in me says they should have left it as a four-day con and included more guests in lieu of a set tour.

Comment

I went nuts and bought a location tour ticket!

Crazy I know, since I live in Vancouver, but this being the last convention, I thought it would be nice to wander around to places that I haven't seen and perhaps get into places you can't with DIY visits.

Most of all I bought it because it's a chance to wander around with fellow fans and spend a whole day reminiscing about all the great adventures in the lovely places some of them were set. A final farewell to wandering around Vancouver with fellow Stargate fans I guess.

If the tour ends up having Cloverdale as a stop I'll have to hide and hope no one from the office happens to be wandering around. They'd probably wonder what that crazy person is doing back in the area when I'm supposed to be off on a few days vacation!!!! LOL!

Comment

My dad is going. He claims to not really be interested, and yet it didn't seem to take very much convincing.

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry not been on for a bit. But I will be heading to Burnaby for the last ever convention. Had planned to go to Comic Con this summer. But when I found out, 1 this was the last con, and 2 Ryan Robbins was coming. I was like so there. And besides Comic Con will be there in 2013, but VanCon won't.

And now with the addition of Steve Bacic to the guest list. Two of my favorite hunks. And may have several of my fellow Ba-Chicks (Steve's fanclub) heading our way as well, since Steve was added early enough this time!!!
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                  GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                  FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

"Ba-Chicks". LOL! That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
                      "Ba-Chicks". LOL! That's awesome.
                      Yup that is what the members of Steve's fan club are called. Ba for his name and Chicks for the fact that most of us are girls.
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

How is his name pronounced? It is like Milan Lucic which is roughly "Lu-cheech"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                          How is his name pronounced? It is like Milan Lucic which is roughly "Lu-cheech"?
                          I believe he pronounces it "Bay-sik"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            I'm hoping there's a group photo op - I missed out last year when I couldn't make it.
                            You'll get another chance as Creation has updated the site with autograph and photo op info and they will be offering the group shot again. It is significantly more expensive this time, however, at $139 as opposed to $89 from this year's con.

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                              I believe he pronounces it "Bay-sik"
                              It is pronounced just like the word basic. There is also the Croatian one as well. Go to www.Stevebacic.com to find it
                              Last edited by AnnieS; 14 December 2011, 07:27 PM.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                                You'll get another chance as Creation has updated the site with autograph and photo op info and they will be offering the group shot again. It is significantly more expensive this time, however, at $139 as opposed to $89 from this year's con.
                                I noticed that all the auto and photo op prices went up $5-$10 for Vancouver. Definitely means I'm buying there and double-checking whose I want to buy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X