Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your GOOD/HAPPY memories from Stargate Vancouver Creation 2011 con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve69 View Post
    I also agree about the standing ovation for Brad Wright. Very touching moment.

Meeting with friends, both old and new, is always a highlight, even if it is very brief. So was watching my step-niece enjoying her first con. She enjoyed it so much she's signed up for next year. Thanks to Krisz for the outing on Friday morning. Beautiful day to be spending time with some wonderful friends.

All of the panels were very enjoyable, and the cabaret, especially Alexis' portion. Very, very funny. One of my favourite panels has to be Corin, JR, and Jamil. They were hilarious.

One of the most outstanding moments for me was Patrick's priceless exit from the Happy Hour.
    What was it?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      What was it?
      Duh....That would help, wouldn't it?

When Patrick was at our table, he told us a story about when he was in drag for an episode of Jeremiah. At the end of the party when he was leaving, he stopped by the door to say goodbye. Rosehawk, I believe, called out to him that we were going to go upstairs to watch Jeremiah. He went from a big smile to a blank expression and then turned on his heel and stormed out of the room. If anyone else who was there can explain that better, feel free. It was hilarious.

Comment

I do wish I would have figured out who more of you were. If you know who I am, care to job my memory? I know I met silvercomet for sure and scooby/platypus and Snowflake (and of course Rosehawk!) but I think I was too busy to notice if anyone else had gateworld nametags on.

(though I did notice a BUNCH of Dragon*con SGMT badges which was very cool)

(I worked the door on Thursday, then merchandise on Friday and Saturday, and then security on Sunday.) I'm tall and was in almost all black all weekend.

Oh and while I AM Biased, one of the things I love about Corin is that he is not shy with hugs. I also liked his "I played Ted Bundy, i don't think I wanted to learn a lot about THAT character!"

And of course "white men can't dance" - i'd love to know the gentleman's name who got up on stage with Corin, Jamil and JR to dance!

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
        April - Vancouver - Stargate
        June - Nashville - Supernatural
        August - Boston - Supernatural
        August - Chicago - Stargate
        September - Chicago - Star Trek
        October - Chicago - Supernatural
        November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
        March - Burbank - Supernatural
        April - Vancouver - Stargate
        June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve69 View Post
          Duh....That would help, wouldn't it?

When Patrick was at our table, he told us a story about when he was in drag for an episode of Jeremiah. At the end of the party when he was leaving, he stopped by the door to say goodbye. Rosehawk, I believe, called out to him that we were going to go upstairs to watch Jeremiah. He went from a big smile to a blank expression and then turned on his heel and stormed out of the room. If anyone else who was there can explain that better, feel free. It was hilarious.
          OMG, Patrick was wonderful.
          Actually I think mackenziesmama said it first and I just repeated in a tad bit louder! We actually were planning on watching it and JR's movie that weekend but never seem to have found the time.

We had been talking at the table about his character on Jeremiah. It was definitley a colorful character and not necessarily a character he wanted to go the direction this character did. People at the table, help me with the conversation - I can't remember all the details, I was to busy laughing at what he was saying.

I got the fun treat to have a meet n greet with Patrick. Dan Payne and David Nykl were also there and it was alot of fun. Those three were so funny! There were only two of us at the m&g and it was a blast!

At the M&G Patrick said how surprised he was that fans wanted him at conventions. He said when he got the call he didn't believe it since he was only in a few episodes. He went back and watch the episodes with Fifth and then he said he understood what fans saw in the character.
          He also had some fun at his own expense with Fifth's hair. We didn't have to ask, he volunteered - that was his own real curly hair! His hair is naturally curly, he has to work at having it go straight. Anyway when he was in make-up getting ready he told the person they could do anything except get his hair wet - he didn't want curls, that wasn't his choice. The hair dresser was doing stuff, spraying stuff and Patrick thought it was hair spray. Well apparently the hair dresser love his curl and proceeded to spray water in his hair until he had just the right look. Patrick wasn't thrilled as it was not what he wanted but since he had to be on set, the curls is what it was. After he saw the episode he said that the curls was the right choice - was perfect for Fifth - it seperated the angry Fifth from the young knaive Fifth in earlier episodes. While it wasn't his choice for the character, he said it was the right choice for Fifth.

I think a fan even asked him at the Q&A about his hair, many thought it was a wig but it was Patrick's own hair in it's natural style. Patrick's face when asked was funny and I just snickered as we had just had that conversation with him at the M&G so I understood why he made the face he did.

Very very nice man!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Right, let's see how the old memory does! So many good times!

The standing ovation for Brad Wright, yes, definitely a highlight. He really deserved it, and it was nice to see such a show of appreciation for a man who worked so hard to bring us an amazing franchise in all its incarnations. Even as he said it was the end for the foreseeable future it was a chance to celebrate the great moments that came before, a truly poignant moment for me, and I'm sure for Brad Wright, his devotion to Stargate was there for all to see.

Meeting old friends as always: Deeds, great to see you again, even for the fleeting moment it was again. Arctic Goddess and Mamasue, would not the same con experience without them there!

Getting a chance to meet a wonderful bunch of new people who took me up on the offer of a Stargate location tour, which I'm always happy to do every year. RobinB, Nynaeve69, Vanessa and Sirrius Addict, who stoically endured the route march to Tollana!!!

I finally got to meet you Platypus Man, the man who seems to be everywhere where Stargate is! As always I always get to meet people at the last minute and this was at the wonderful Gateworld dinner, just as I had to leave to go home. It would have been nice to chat with you more.

B.A.G, (Balding Asian Guy, from SGU's Faith and Visitation) being able to come to the Gateworld dinner. We've met for lunch on a few occasions and I was always telling him about what a nice bunch the fans are and how we appreciate stories from all sides of the creative talent that make Stargate what it is. So it was great to see how well he was received by everyone at the dinner.

Jamil Walker Smith, what a lovely person!!! The autograph session with him was a hoot! He personalised an autograph I got as a surprise present for my son, as Greer is is favourite character in the one Stargate show he really took to big time. He wrote, "Love your Momma, that's an order!" and who argues with Sgt Greer?!!! I just thought that was priceless!

Of course all the guests, entertaining as ever and wonderfullly down to Earth, along with showing a genuine appreciation for all the fans. Robert Davi, what a gentleman! It was wonderful to meet the man who portrayed my all time favourite Bond villain and the best Stargate villain for me along with Ba'al.

Comment

Working...
            X