No announcement yet.

DragonCon 2011 (25th Anniversary!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Some actors cross tracks so Amanda is only on one SGM track panel she is also on 2 other panels for Sanctuary (part of the AMSF track).
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

thanks for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
        Myn ... at DCON!!! really!!!

ohhhh!!! me too!!!

teehee!!
        Yep. This'll be my 4th year.
        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Got the app for my phone. My mom rocks! She bought me the Acer lappie that I had planned on buying after the first of the year for me to bring along to the con. So lover her. I already packed my umbrella in my messenger bag pocket. I bought a sleeve case for the Acer for the trip. Just have 3 more days of work and then I am on Dragon Con Vacation time!

Comment

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
            Yep. This'll be my 4th year.
            And my second! I'm so exciiiiteeeeed...

I really want to see the parade, though. I hope it isn't rained out. =/
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Last weather check looks like the rainier forecast has moved off to Monday.
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

you're right, i just checked that. great news. are you supposed to feel any effects from hurricane irene? they claim it will have an influence on the weather as far west as chicago, but nothing in the forecast yet.

Comment

Irene fizzled to just rain in my area. We got lucky because I think the mountains helped with that. Got my computer ready for the con. I remembered to pack my wireless mouse and even put a new battery in it. So ready for con time~

Comment

This will be my first time attending Dragon Con and hoping someone here could answer a question for me. How far in advance should you go to the room where the panel you want to attend is being held. I've been to comic con a couple of times and you have to be there a minimum of 3 hours in advance if you hope to get a seat. I am hoping Dragon Con isn't like this. Can someone give me some guidance on this so I can plan my schedule Thanks
                    Last edited by samcartersg1; 28 August 2011, 04:41 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                      ehis will be my first time attending Dragon Con and hoping someone here could answer a question for me. How far in advance should you go to the room where the panel you want to attend is being held. I've been to comic con a couple of times and you have to be there a minimum of 3 hours in advance if you hope to get a seat. I am hoping Dragon Con isn't like this. Can someone give me some guidance on this so I can plan my schedule Thanks
                      Depends on the panel. Most popular panels start 1 (officially) - 2 (unofficially) before. I don't think any Stargate panel has been so full they cut people out. The longest lines I've ever seen were always for Firefly at around 3-4 hours. They don't have any guests this year now that Adam Baldwin had to cancel. I'm not sure about the ST panels as I"ve never been to any of those.

sigpic

Comment

Hello, just a little question I'd like to ask.

Does DC have Wi-Fi Internet connection? Because I'm expected to LIVE tweet at the con, and I'd like to know if Wi-Fi is possible.

Comment

Most hotels have wi fi in the hotel. I know that the other con I attend has it. I can use my phone to tweet and post on facebook. I will be checking in during the con on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Does DC have Wi-Fi Internet connection? Because I'm expected to LIVE tweet at the con, and I'd like to know if Wi-Fi is possible.
                            I did all of this via phone last year ... but, i use my phone service and not the wifi setting!! so can't answer your question .... i can say that many of the major hotels in the city charge a fee to have service in your room ... may have a common area that you can use it for free.

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                              This will be my first time attending Dragon Con and hoping someone here could answer a question for me. How far in advance should you go to the room where the panel you want to attend is being held. I've been to comic con a couple of times and you have to be there a minimum of 3 hours in advance if you hope to get a seat. I am hoping Dragon Con isn't like this. Can someone give me some guidance on this so I can plan my schedule Thanks
                              i actually read the beginning of the pocket guide and it said that you couldn't start lines more than an hour before the event. i don't think they'll have someone there with a stop watch timing it however.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

i don't know if they do, but there are lots of starbucks very near the hotels and they usually have free wifi.

Comment

ok, anothr question. anyone know if there is anything for harry potter movies at dragon con?

Comment

Working...
                                X