DragonCon 2011 (25th Anniversary!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
    Because individual tracks have some of their schedules out including the Stargate Multiverse track. It's always listed as tentative but was just rearranged after Joe canceled (though they forgot to take him off Monday's panel fo far).

http://sgmultiverse.org/T2011SG.html

eta: They are on facebook too. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/55283609446/
    wow, thanks, i'm finding out all kinds of info. found the schedule, face book, the daily newspaper looking thing and all sorts of stuff. even found a dc app for my droid. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
      Where'd you hear that aintright?

DC twitter!!

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
        DC twitter!!

teehee!!
        What's their handle?

Thanks.
        sigpic

Comment

Would be great if he decided to show (joe that is) ... even if it was just for one day.

They say they are working on a last minute replacement ... if only it was RDA ... to see him and Amanda together!!! *sigh*

teehee!!

and nope ... not a shipper!!
          I wonder if it could be Kavan. He's not got the fans that Joe has, but they do have his application so know he's interested in coming, and now that Joe's not going to be there, they'll have the extra money.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
            What's their handle?

Thanks.
            @daily_dragon on twitter
            John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
            sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
            Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
              @daily_dragon on twitter
              Thanks!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                anybody know when and where the dragon con parade will be? i didn't see anything about that on the site.
                If you want to see it, line up early. It's popular with the locals as well as the attendees.

I found info at the Dragon-Con site.
                When: Saturday, September 3, 10:00 AM

Where: Downtown Atlanta GA. Our route, about ½ mile long, goes north on Peachtree Street from Woodruff Park at Auburn Avenue to the Hyatt Regency at Baker Street. It continues onto Baker and ends on Courtland Street at the Marriott Marquis’ back entrance.

Comment

i am torn ... not sure if i go to the parade then will i have time to make the line for the afternoon (1ish) SG panel. not too sure how early one should be in line for that!!
                  The earlier the better. The parade should be over by 12 (I think) and I think all the Stargate stuff is going to be at the Weston. The parade goes right by there so if you watch it from near there you'd be close enough to go get in line.

Comment

i just checked out the 10 day forecast for atlanta. it will be in the 90's and 60% of storms sat. and sun. i hope the storms hold off till after the parade. of course the forecast may change depending what hurricane irene does.

Comment

i just checked out the 10 day forecast for atlanta. it will be in the 90's and 60% of storms sat. and sun. i hope the storms hold off till after the parade. of course the forecast may change depending what hurricane irene does.
                      most storms are the afternoon sort this time of year!! prob why they have the morning parade. cooler and dryer!! it was 101F here today!!

thanks for the info!! F e G, sounds like a plan!!!

teehee!!
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!
                      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

4 more days of work to go and then it is vacation/Con time for me! Yay! We will be headed down on early Thursday to our home for the weekend, the lovely and attendee packed Hyatt (and then leaving on Tuesday afternoon.)

A couple of quick suggestions for newbies:

A spot on an elevator is a spot on an elevator whether it is going up or down. Yes, this is not proper elevator procedure but trust me, if you don't follow it, you will be waiting a long time (and the waits are already long at certain times of the day.)

Stay hydrated! Even though you are indoors most of the time, Atlanta isn't referred to as Hotlanta for nothing. (and if you are a Star Wars fan and call it Hothlanta like I do, there is nothing cold about the ATL in September.)

Bring a highlighter to mark your pocket program (or download the new Dragon Con 2011 app for your iPhone or Droid!)

A good pair of shoes! There is A LOT of walking involved at this Con.

A lanyard if you have one (Dragon Con, unlike Creation Con events) does not give you one for free...and you do NOT want to rely on the aligator-clippy-like thing to keep your badge in place. There will be some vendors who sell them if you forget yours.

And last but not least...if you are a costumer- duct tape is a must. Nothing fixes a costume like the stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

most storms are the afternoon sort this time of year!! prob why they have the morning parade. cooler and dryer!! it was 101F here today!!

thanks for the info!! F e G, sounds like a plan!!!

please, if you see a blond haired woman riding around on a red 3 wheel mobility scooter, stop and introduce yourself to me. i'd like to meet you. i'm not looking forward to the heat. have already had more than enough with this unusually hot summer already. i'm actually ready for cool, crisp fall weather and the color changes.

teehee!!
                          Originally posted by off_the_post18 View Post
                          4 more days of work to go and then it is vacation/Con time for me! Yay! We will be headed down on early Thursday to our home for the weekend, the lovely and attendee packed Hyatt (and then leaving on Tuesday afternoon.)

A couple of quick suggestions for newbies:

A spot on an elevator is a spot on an elevator whether it is going up or down. Yes, this is not proper elevator procedure but trust me, if you don't follow it, you will be waiting a long time (and the waits are already long at certain times of the day.)

Stay hydrated! Even though you are indoors most of the time, Atlanta isn't referred to as Hotlanta for nothing. (and if you are a Star Wars fan and call it Hothlanta like I do, there is nothing cold about the ATL in September.)

Bring a highlighter to mark your pocket program (or download the new Dragon Con 2011 app for your iPhone or Droid!)

A good pair of shoes! There is A LOT of walking involved at this Con.

A lanyard if you have one (Dragon Con, unlike Creation Con events) does not give you one for free...and you do NOT want to rely on the aligator-clippy-like thing to keep your badge in place. There will be some vendors who sell them if you forget yours.

And last but not least...if you are a costumer- duct tape is a must. Nothing fixes a costume like the stuff.
                          as far as a spot on the elevators, please be kind and allow people in wheelchairs and scooters to get on. we don't have the option of taking the stairs rather than waiting. i've waited as long as 1/2 hour for an elevator. what's sad was that it was a down elevator and there were only 2 floors at that particular elevator. please be considerate of those with disabilities. thanks in advance.

Comment

finally grabbed an unsuspecting tall neighbor to get my suitcase down from the garage attic. just need to get some info about marta and i'll be ready to pack and go. due to weather forecasts, i had to add umbrella to my packing list. got that dragon con app for my droid. that will hopefully make my 1st dragon con a little easier to navigate.

Comment

as far as a spot on the elevators, please be kind and allow people in wheelchairs and scooters to get on. we don't have the option of taking the stairs rather than waiting. i've waited as long as 1/2 hour for an elevator. what's sad was that it was a down elevator and there were only 2 floors at that particular elevator. please be considerate of those with disabilities. thanks in advance.
                              Another helpful note to keep the elevators open for those who need them: In the Marriott people need to remember to utilize the escalators for going between the Lobby, Atrium, Marquis and International levels. Same thing for the Hyatt with the Ballroom, Exhibit and Conference levels.

And yeah, be nice. We are all there to have fun!
                              sigpic

Comment

If you don't have a smartphone the on-line program guide is now available.

http://advertising.dragoncon.org/pub...ocket-program/

Note: The on-line pocket guide will not be corrected for changes like the app quide might. You have to keep track of those with the daily dragon updates. (i.e. Adam Baldwin is still on the guide though he had to cancel yesterday).
                                Last edited by taris-eirien; 27 August 2011, 07:56 AM.
                                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Working...
                                X