StarGate Mods For Star Trek Armada II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StarGate Mods For Star Trek Armada II

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to get mods for StarGate SG-1, Atlantis and Universe for the PC game Star Trek Armada II? I already have the ones at Armada2files, and Armada Fleet Command. I'm looking for possibly getting full races for the Ancients, Tau'ri, Asgard, Goa'uld, Replicators (Pegusas Galaxy), and lastly the Wraith. Please let me know and if possible post links.

for armada that is the only stargate mod , for other games check here
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Have you ever heard of converting mods? There is more than one way to make mods from one game for another game.

Is there any mods that have .SOD files, TGAs for textures, ODF files and things like that? I am looking for a full race (of all StarGate races if possible) for Star Trek Armada II. Does anyone have any mods from the StarGate Project, SGA mod, anything along those lines? These mods have had been played in game with screenshots shown in the forums on the File Front Forums and were by their creators.

I would like it if someone would nicely send me links to these mods or to get in contact with me through PM if they have or know someone who has the mods. Thank you.

Comment

I’m sorry to say that the download links that you have all posted aren’t helpful at all especially since none of them are for the format Star Trek Armada II is in and also I don’t have the games that they are for to actually work so I can’t use them and I don’t have the programs that could be used to take them apart and make them work for Star Trek Armada II.
        Well at the File Front Forums, I have noticed screen shots of completed in game units for StarGate Mods (SGA Mods and StarGate Mods) the only problem is that their creators are not on those sites anymore and it is very hard to get a hold of them to get these mods. These appear to be the only mods that are based on StarGate for Star Trek Armada II and I am after those mods.
        I am after mods that have these races as separate races:
        1) The Tau’ri (possibly combined with the Ancients)
        2) The Goa’uld
        3) The Replicators (The Milky Way and Pegasus Galaxy Replicators)
        4) The Asgard
        5) The Wraith
        For the ships and stations of these races to work in Star Trek Armada II, they need to be in these file formats:
        1) Bitmaps (BMPs) for the ShipImages File
        2) ODF for the Ships, Stations, Special Weapons and Weapons
        The Ship Categories needed for Star Trek Armada II are (per Race):
        A. Scouts
        B. Destroyers
        C. Cruisers
        D. Battleships
        E. Super ships
        F. Science ships
        G. Science ships
        H. Construction ships
        I. Colony ships
        J. Repair ships
        K. Frigates
        L. Trading ships (Cargo)
        M. Mining freighters
        N. Dreadnaughts
        The Station Categories needed for Star Trek Armada II are (per Race):
        A. Starbases
        B. Orbital Processing Stations
        C. Mining Stations
        D. Trading Stations
        E. Turrets (Phaser & Photons = Missiles and Beams in StarGate)
        F. Research Stations (3 – Normal Research, Special Research and Upgrade Stations)
        G. Shipyards (2 – Standard Shipyards & Advanced Shipyards)
        H. Super Stations (used to build the Super Ships)
        I. Sensors (used to detect enemy vessels – aka Radar possibly in StarGate)
        J. Research Pods for the two research stations and the upgrade stations
        3) SOD files – (these are the actually models saved for use in the game. MS3D allows you to create SOD files for Star Trek Armada II if you have the right plug-ins (Note, the polycounts for this game should be between 500 and 1000 nothing really any higher or the game will lag since it was built for Windows 98 and XP. The game works on Windows Vista and 7 through and Patch put out and created by Fleet Operations (FlOps), this patch is called the 1.2.5 patch).
        4) TGA – these are the textures for the models, set in TGA form.
        Does anyone know where to get mods in these formats for Star Trek Armada II (Note I already have the mods from File Front (Armada2files), MSFC, and Armada Fleet Command. There just isn’t enough to create a full race for each race. If anyone has access to the original mods that were being created for StarGate for Star Trek Armada II, please let me know and please share them, the Armada Community are still interested in these mods and without them there can’t be any good StarGate Mods.
        It would be extremely nice to get the mods already created for StarGate related to Star Trek Armada II, but if someone can actually help me get the mods for other games that have StarGate mods transferred to the file formats that I have mentioned, maybe then the Star Trek Armada II Community can also get their complete StarGate mods as well instead of feeling as if we are totally left out.
        Thank you for your help and your consideration for this and for pointing me into the direction that can finally see this mod for Star Trek Armada II a reality.

Comment

For a StarGate Mod, I want to actually make a Total Conversion of the game Star Trek Armada II as well and remove all things that are related to Star Trek (except the planets, moons, nebulas, etc). In this total conversion which would be on the side of my mod (as in a separate mod), I want to have these races: (A.) Tau’ri/Ancients (B.) Asgard (C.) Milky Way & Pegasus Galaxy Replicators (D.) Goa’uld (E.) Ori (F.) Wraith.

For this StarGate Mod, I would like to also actually make a new campaign that is only based on StarGate.

I know these modders aren’t possibly in the Star Trek Armada II Community anymore, but those StarGate mods that I have seen on the File Front Forums that are actually complete mods (just not released) as in they have in game ready units that haven’t been released to the community, I personally believe that even though that those mods were never completed that they should be released to the Armada II Community and at least given the chance to become part of a full StarGate Mod. For now, I just want to use those mods in my personal mod and if anyone is interested in actually helping out in creating a StarGate Total Conversion Mod for Armada II, I am willing to form a group that would do just that.

Here are what kinds of people that would be needed:

Those who can create the models in MS3D and convert them to SOD.

Possibly those who can convert some StarGate units from other games into usable material for Star Trek Armada II.

I myself can come up with the weapons, create the ODF files and possibly depending on what software will be needed create the bitmaps, and build buttons, I am getting pretty good at using “TgaTool2” to create build buttons, some of which I have noticed can also work as Wireframes. I can even write the story for the Campaign and given a little help in creating the missions could actually get three Campaigns. (Tau’ri/Ancients against the Goa’uld, Ori and Wraith, The Asgard against the Replicators (with a little Tau’ri assistance), and the finally the Wraith against the Pegasus Replicators (they will be allied with the Tau’ri/Ancients just like in the Atlantis episode “StarGate Atlantis - S04E011 - Be All My Sins Remember'd”

Please, hopefully some in the Armada II Community will be willing to help me bring the StarGate franchise to the Armada Community in the form of a Total Conversion Mod. Thank you for reading this and your consideration into this project.

If you are interested in actually helping with this project, know anyone that possibly might be interested or where I can acquire the StarGate Mods that are complete that are for Star Trek Armada II, please let me know by sending me a PM or go to my profile and see if you can send me a regular e-mail, I would really deeply appreciate this and all of your help on this matter, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            for armada that is the only stargate mod , for other games check here
            I don't think you understand what I am trying to do for the Star Trek Armada II Community because what you said about those being the only mods for Armada was way wrong and that makes me think that you don't know what you are talking about at all. There are a few StarGate Mods for Star Trek Armada II and I got all of them and now I need some people that are modders or know how to mod games to actually create this mod.

What I am saying is that I have MS3D models that need to be converted for SOD for Armada II and also some other mods that are for other games that need to be converted through MS3D and to most likely be rebuilt to reduce their poly counts for them to work with Star Trek Armada II. This is waht I am looking for help with because all the mods in that one and only one link you provided aren't even the type of mods that I am looking for. The closest one was actually for Star Trek Legacy but that is still not in the correct format for Armada II.

Now if you follow the link below, you can see what I need to convert and also finish in MS3D if someone can do that...
            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZ8RUKTP

Also, does anyone know who the modders are that used to be working on this mod "StarGate Evolution"? This mod does have some ingame ready StarGate Units for Star Trek Armada II that weren't released to the Armada Community only because it was assumed the mod would actually be finished, that was years ago. It is highly unlikely that the Mods were deleted but they have to be some place. (the link to their website is below).
            http://www.freewebs.com/stargateevolution/

Comment

Working...
            X