This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OregonJen
    Well, no one seems to be rushing to express interest to hang out with a stranger at the convention, but I guess that's understandable. I will still look forward to meeting other folks who enjoy the show and to having a weekend away from my responsibilities! See you in Vancouver!!

Blessings!
    Awwww! You'd be surprised actually. When I went to my first DragonCon in Atlanta in '93, I found out that, not only was it huge, but within each track you almost never met a stranger since you all had that particular show/book/RPG/etc. in common.

But now I'm a little worried at the moment... I paid for my ticket this past Monday and I have yet to see the money for it leave my accounts. Someone tell me that's normal for Creation and that my dreams of seeing at least one of my two favorite geeks isn't shattered. I've been giddy and day dreaming about this all week and I'm not ready to be slapped with what passes for reality around these parts.

Comment

strivaria,

I would call Creation and asked about them payment. Whenever I have purchased tickets from them online the payment has been deducted the same day. With an email from them within 24hrs.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people who are also interested in the show. (Ok, let's face it, some are WAY more than just "interested.") Anyway, I think it's going to be lots of fun to just get away and have fun with a bunch of folks who share this thing called Stargate in common. I appreciate the way people have made me feel welcome here on the Forum in several threads. In person will be even better, I'm sure!!!

See you soon!
        OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

OregonJen,

My first con. was last year at creation Stargate con. in Burbank - I went alone and had a blast meet some great folks - Look forward to meeting you in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            OregonJen,

My first con. was last year at creation Stargate con. in Burbank - I went alone and had a blast meet some great folks - Look forward to meeting you in Vancouver.
            Thanks! I will look forward to meeting you too. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. Now I have to wait all the way until April! Oh my!!!
            OregonJen

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              strivaria,

I would call Creation and asked about them payment. Whenever I have purchased tickets from them online the payment has been deducted the same day. With an email from them within 24hrs.

I did that and got a message that if I had questions about an order that I should call Monday, 01/17 so I could talk to a real person... and I had no intention of missing out on the cheaper Gold ticket. So, going on the presumption that the order never went tght the ticket again. Now I've either secured my place at the Con or really put a much bigger dent in my budget than I intended. And this time the debit immediately showed up in my accounts so I'm back to being a very very happy camper.

Comment

I will be attending the event and coming up from Seattle, WA. I was wondering if anyone else who will be attending would like to carpool up? I would love the chance to attend the event with someone, as I will be going by myself and don't know anyone else who will be attending. Go ahead and reply in this thread or just send me an e-mail if you want to carpool up or if you just want to meet up there, either way works for me.
                Last edited by erinanderson; 17 January 2005, 08:35 PM.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                Photobucket

Comment

Hey Erin - Flying up from CA but look forward to meeting you there

Comment

Cool. Where are you flying up from in CA? I have two sisters in CA. Do you have the gold pkg? If so I will definitely see you on the set visits. Can't wait for those!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                    Photobucket

Comment

Looks like a fun picture Tsaxlady - what's the story behind it?
                      OregonJen

Comment

Flying from Fresno - live in Visalia

Pix is from Burbank last year - Michael stoped at our table during the breakfast and started in about how we had not saved any thing to eat or drink for him - well since I don't drink coffee I had not used my coffee cup so I said hey not a problem we still have coffee at this table and a clean cup so I went over to his seat poured him some coffee and we had a great time at the table with him.

Comment

How fun! I hope to have some of those kind of moments to bring home with me from Vancouver, but we'll see what happens.
                          OregonJen

Comment

I don't know if anyone's checking this thread much, but I thought I'd throw out a couple of questions and see what happens.

Since this is my first con, I'm curious about how things go. (I know the schedule won't be issued for a while, but I guess I'm impatient & excited.) For example, I bought my ticket, but I was a little confused about whether that includes photos with any of the cast. The Creation website talks about autograph times being included in the ticket price, but then the confirmation email said something about photo ops - are those extra $$ and if so, how do I go about signing up for one?

Also, it looks like things start at 1 PM on Friday - does anything happen prior to that? Is there usually a registration time and then the actual event starts at 1:00? I'm trying to figure out travel and when I need to arrive at the hotel. (And here's a dumb question, but the con is AT the hotel, right??)

Thanks for any help. I'll probably think of more questions later.

Blessings!
                            OregonJen

Comment

Photo tickets are extra, they will go on sale at some point on the creation web site and then you print out your ticket (if they do not all sell then you can buy then at the con) - however with the gold pass you can take pictures with any cast member that shows up at the extra events like the dessert dance party - Some of my best shots from Burbank were at the breakfast and dessert.

Registration for Gold Ticket holders is usually earlier than for everyone else - probably Friday morning

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen
                                (And here's a dumb question, but the con is AT the hotel, right??)
                                If it runs like DragonCon, then the festivities should be held at the hotel. At least I hope so...

Comment

Working...
                                X