• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES. Hug him for me!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
      Oh I really really want to go!! Talk about an intimate convention!
      Kathryn,
      I'll take lots of Photos if I can, I'm working it!!! Hopefully like hubby did in Vancouver! It will rock it that happens. If not I'll cry afterward.

BTW: Beemer says hi!!

Comment

Less than two weeks! Woohoo!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Less than two weeks! Woohoo!
          I'm gonna start counting down the minutes!
          Did we ever decide on a dinner? Is it possible? Maybe Sunday evening after the con? A late dinner? 9-ish? That way, everyone who wants to get an autograph will have a chance. I have a feeling that this is gonna be quite small, so we may get more time with the actors then we would normally. More time in line, but more chatting time. Well worth it!
          sigpic
          Sig by im_meli
          More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
            I'm gonna start counting down the minutes!
            Did we ever decide on a dinner? Is it possible? Maybe Sunday evening after the con? A late dinner? 9-ish? That way, everyone who wants to get an autograph will have a chance. I have a feeling that this is gonna be quite small, so we may get more time with the actors then we would normally. More time in line, but more chatting time. Well worth it!
            Pizza Luce is about 4-5 blocks away. Looks like a nice place and might be good for a group dinner. They have pasta, salads, sandwiches, as well as pizza. http://pizzaluce.com/ Should we start a list? (Did someone already start one?)

It appears that the Marriott is connected to the City Center Shopping Center. (Thank you, Creation!) There is a food court (fish tacos at Baja Sol!), a Starbucks (for my caffeine addicted roomies), and a Sheng Hai Wok. Gaviidae Common is down the block, with another food court. Guess we won't be hurting for food options. No info on the Chinese place, so don't know if it's fast food or sit down.

I wonder if they'll put the guests at the Marriott, or at the Radisson across the street.

I figure autographs will be fairly laid back, unless David and Joe have booked Sunday evening flights. (I hope not!) Even so, they've only sold 58 tickets, not including general admission. I wonder if all those people who entered the contest to win free gold passes realize they can still come and hardly pay anything at all.
            sigpic

Comment

You can't have a con without Chinese food!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                Pizza Luce is about 4-5 blocks away. Looks like a nice place and might be good for a group dinner. They have pasta, salads, sandwiches, as well as pizza. http://pizzaluce.com/ Should we start a list? (Did someone already start one?)

It appears that the Marriott is connected to the City Center Shopping Center. (Thank you, Creation!) There is a food court (fish tacos at Baja Sol!), a Starbucks (for my caffeine addicted roomies), and a Sheng Hai Wok. Gaviidae Common is down the block, with another food court. Guess we won't be hurting for food options. No info on the Chinese place, so don't know if it's fast food or sit down.

I wonder if they'll put the guests at the Marriott, or at the Radisson across the street.

I figure autographs will be fairly laid back, unless David and Joe have booked Sunday evening flights. (I hope not!) Even so, they've only sold 58 tickets, not including general admission. I wonder if all those people who entered the contest to win free gold passes realize they can still come and hardly pay anything at all.
                Pizza Luce is really good. I've eaten there a few times. Love their sandwiches and the pizza is great too! We should start a list for Sunday evening.
                If anyone is around on Friday, so I am and I am open to meeting for dinner, even if it's a bit late.

Are you sure they've only sold 58 tickets? Wow, that's not alot.

I like that this may be a small convention. It's cool that Creation is still going through with it, even it if was all such short notice and so close to the Chicago convention!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Pizza Luce is really good. I've eaten there a few times. Love their sandwiches and the pizza is great too! We should start a list for Sunday evening.
                  If anyone is around on Friday, so I am and I am open to meeting for dinner, even if it's a bit late.

Are you sure they've only sold 58 tickets? Wow, that's not alot.

I like that this may be a small convention. It's cool that Creation is still going through with it, even it if was all such short notice and so close to the Chicago convention!
                  I went through the ticket sales on their website and counted the seats gone on the seating chart. They really haven't sold many, and only about half of those are gold passes. I will be intrigued to see how they handle such small crowds. I hope it translates into more time with the guests, rather than being pushed through like cattle. Don't you think Joe and David should do a 3 hour talk?

Is Pizza Luce as easy a walk from the hotel as it appears on the map? Of course, if we're a small enough group we could have it delivered and hang in someone's room and watch Stargate.
                  sigpic

Comment

I went through the ticket sales on their website and counted the seats gone on the seating chart. They really haven't sold many, and only about half of those are gold passes. I will be intrigued to see how they handle such small crowds. I hope it translates into more time with the guests, rather than being pushed through like cattle. Don't you think Joe and David should do a 3 hour talk?

Is Pizza Luce as easy a walk from the hotel as it appears on the map? Of course, if we're a small enough group we could have it delivered and hang in someone's room and watch Stargate.
                    I'm curious also to see how they handle seating. I'm betting that Joe, David and the rest of the guests are going to enjoy a smaller con.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                      I'm curious also to see how they handle seating. I'm betting that Joe, David and the rest of the guests are going to enjoy a smaller con.
                      On the one hand, it would look silly to have 12 empty rows between groups of people. On the other hand, I'd be a little put out if I paid for a gold pass, and the person in Row C paid for a day pass. Know what I mean?
                      sigpic

Comment

I would say that it is a pretty easy walk. If there is a large enough group though, we would want to make reservations.

I could sit and listen to Joe and David for three hours!
                        Gary is pretty funny and Dan is a riot! I hear that Alaina is really nice. Haven't heard too much about Brian though I know he's done a few conventions! He looks like he is fully of energy!

I think if anything, the lines will be smaller and we will get better quality time with the autographs and photo ops. Not the rush 'em through kind of stuff - hopefully more time to maybe have some fun pictures. I know that David Hewlett likes to say something to everyone.

Originally posted by nakedwesley
                        I figure autographs will be fairly laid back, unless David and Joe have booked Sunday evening flights. (I hope not!)
                        They can't leave until they visit the Mall of America!
                        Given that they are stating that autographs can go past 6:00 pm, I'm think that if they do have flights they are later flights out or they might just be staying a day or two to sightsee - there is alot to see and do in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington areas!
                        sigpic

Comment

On the one hand, it would look silly to have 12 empty rows between groups of people. On the other hand, I'd be a little put out if I paid for a gold pass, and the person in Row C paid for a day pass. Know what I mean?
                          A big part of the gold ticket though is the Dessert Party, the Breakfast Party and the autographs that are included as well as being first in line for the autographs. So even if Day passes do get to sit closer which if the convention ends up being a small one, it's much better for the guests to have everyone move up and sit closer together as it gives the more intimate feeling instead of talking to an empty space type feeling, then I would be okay with it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand totally - but 12 empty rows would look pretty silly. I agree with Rosehawk, that Creation will probably push the other benefits of going gold and gold tickets were about $150 cheaper than usual. I'm also wondering if Creation will try and move this to a smaller room.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know how big Creation expected this con to be, but I think a smarter strategy would have been to simply put up a flat ticket price (say $125) and let seat selection be first pay, first pick (like on most airlines). That ticket price might include either the dessert or breakfast, but would not include autographs. Makes sense to me, at least.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                                I don't know how big Creation expected this con to be, but I think a smarter strategy would have been to simply put up a flat ticket price (say $125) and let seat selection be first pay, first pick (like on most airlines). That ticket price might include either the dessert or breakfast, but would not include autographs. Makes sense to me, at least.
                                It's probably one of those things where hindsight might make more sense.

When they first put this convention out there, they really had no idea how the response would be. Minneapolis and Chicago are really not that far from each other, just alittle over 7 hours so this convention hits pretty much the same audience that would most likely go to the Chicago convention. Creation isn't known for putting on smaller conventions so I can see why they would go with a formula that has worked for them in the past.

I agree, I think the flat ticket price would have been the best and then pay for add-on's, though given how slow the auctions are going, maybe paying for add-on's is not such a good idea from a business standpoint.

These type of business decisons are not easy to make and you can only learn from them for future conventions!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X