Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I'm going to MN and it's my first time ever to a convention.. I'm trying to make my mind around all of this.. I'm so excited ..I'll be happy to join you there

note : English is not my first language ... sorry for my bad vocabulary

Comment

Originally posted by sylvie View Post
      Hi everyone,

I'm going to MN and it's my first time ever to a convention.. I'm trying to make my mind around all of this.. I'm so excited ..I'll be happy to join you there

We'll be happy to meet you! Don't worry about your English, we can understand what you are saying just fine!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hi everyone,

Welcome Sylvie! Where are you coming from? Which show are you a fan of? You're going to have loads of fun. This should be a small, laid back con to help you get your feet wet.

Warning: most people can't stop at just one. They're addictive!!
        sigpic

Comment

FINALLY! it took me over a year, but I finally made Second Lieutenant. Think I should learn to post more?
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks NakedWesley and Rosehawk !!

I'm from Montreal (Quebec) .. I like sci fi in general and of course I LOVE Stargate Atlantis .. I used to read (devour !!) con reports but never get the chance to go to one.. when I saw this new one, I jumped on the occasion..

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
              FINALLY! it took me over a year, but I finally made Second Lieutenant. Think I should learn to post more?
              Whoooo! Congrads! We'll have to make you a shirt with 2nd Lt. on it for Minn.

Welcome Sylvie! Come join the fun
              sigpic
              Sig by im_meli
              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                Congrats!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm from Montreal (Quebec) .. I like sci fi in general and of course I LOVE Stargate Atlantis .. I used to read (devour !!) con reports but never get the chance to go to one.. when I saw this new one, I jumped on the occasion..
                  Hey cool. I was in Montreal last summer. Really loved your City!

Look forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Congrads nakedwesley!
                  sigpic

Comment

hi sylvie:

i love sci-fi too. especially sg-1/atlantis/universe. wish i was going to the MN con, but have another con in chicago that i'm going too. what ticket bracket did you get??? i'm going in gold at the chicago con. pleasure to make a new friend james from chicago.

Comment

Hello Again,
                      Sorry I was AWOL for a bit but my sister go married yesterday!!!!
                      So now that I am back I was thinking we should get going on the reservation and guest list for the impromptu GW Party. Unfortunately there won't be any stars there as I don't know any of them that are coming and I am guessing they won't be in till Saturday, but we all can get together and have a blast anyway!
                      I saw the post about the Pizza place and their is a TGIF close by. So put in some votes at to where we would like to go.
                      Also I would like to set the time for Friday night around 8:00pm. That would give people time to get checked in and find the restaurant. I saw some of us would not be in till late Friday. (As far as the con it does not start till Saturday so we will not be overlapping any events)
                      Another option would be to have a Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday at Hell's Kitchen. I can ask Creation if there is going to be a breakfast on one of the days and work around that.
                      Any comments .....
                      Let's get the party started!!!!!

Comment

Impromptu GW Party Guest List

BeemersMommy

Comment

Originally posted by BeemersMommy View Post
                          Hello Again,
                          Sorry I was AWOL for a bit but my sister go married yesterday!!!!
                          So now that I am back I was thinking we should get going on the reservation and guest list for the impromptu GW Party. Unfortunately there won't be any stars there as I don't know any of them that are coming and I am guessing they won't be in till Saturday, but we all can get together and have a blast anyway!
                          I saw the post about the Pizza place and their is a TGIF close by. So put in some votes at to where we would like to go.
                          Also I would like to set the time for Friday night around 8:00pm. That would give people time to get checked in and find the restaurant. I saw some of us would not be in till late Friday. (As far as the con it does not start till Saturday so we will not be overlapping any events)
                          Another option would be to have a Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday at Hell's Kitchen. I can ask Creation if there is going to be a breakfast on one of the days and work around that.
                          Any comments .....
                          Let's get the party started!!!!!
                          I would prefer the pizza place. It's really good, has a variety of food and personally I think much better than TGIF. Plus it's a local resturant and not a chain so you get to try some local food.

I am open anytime on Friday, not so much on Saturday as I have a graduation party I need to attend before the convention.

I believe there is a Breakfast on Sunday as it states that Dan Shea will be there for both the Dessert Party and the Breakfast.
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 16 May 2010, 09:12 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of a GW party, but Saturday or Sunday would be better. Some of us may be getting in late Friday or early Saturday (MSP does not have a lot of convenient flights). Sunday may be a good option - I can't see things running that late and it would be a good way to wrap things up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Party sounds good, but my flight doesn't get in until 9:50pm on Friday. So I wouldn't be at the hotel till around 10:30-11, depending on how long it takes to get from the airport to the hotel.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by im_meli
                              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                                I like the idea of a GW party, but Saturday or Sunday would be better. Some of us may be getting in late Friday or early Saturday (MSP does not have a lot of convenient flights). Sunday may be a good option - I can't see things running that late and it would be a good way to wrap things up.
                                I like the idea of Sunday night after autographs. I know mercury973 and I won't be getting to the hotel Friday until after 10pm so Friday would be out for us. Another option might be Saturday night between autographs and dessert party. It definitely would be fun to meet up!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X