Melbourne needs more Conventions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melbourne needs more Conventions

We Need more stargate conventions in Melbourne!

I went to the last one on the 7th and it was hands down the best day of my life.
    Would anyone else agree?
    sigpic
    Thank you BBdreamer

We have had quite a few over the years. If you aren't aware of all the operators in Melbourne, go to the links page of my photo sites below and click on the fan clubs and conventions page - it lists the main people running events in Australia. Hub is actually one of the newer players in this market.

Otherwise both my photo sites have a fair history of stuff over the last 4-5 years (old files have been removed for space reasons, but stargate events have run in Melbourne and other states since season 2 of SG-1)
    If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

Thanks mate Checking out the site now
      =D
      sigpic
      Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Whatsername View Post

I went to the last one on the 7th and it was hands down the best day of my life.
        Would anyone else agree?
        no we've got enough this year thanks maybe some next year

Comment

Originally posted by Whatsername View Post

Would anyone else agree?
          Why in Melbourne? why not some other states in Australia that have none?

Comment

^ Why in Melbourne? Because Melbourne ROCKS!

Actually, we need to find another company other than HUB to bring Paul McGillion back out here. HUB said they've brought him out the last 3 times, so they can't book him again for some time.

Feel the love.
            dolfyn.
            Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Rule-of-thumb for any convention organiser is *not* to book someone if they have been out (to the same state) in the last 2-3 years. They don't get the bookings - or if they do, then everyone already has their autographs...etc, so the actor can't make their minimums.

The good news is that popular actors always come back out eventually. Hey, its been 8 years between visits from Amanda.
              If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

Yeah there is 3 this year one already passed and I plan on going to them all, But we need more STARGATE ones with the cast and shiz, I was over the moon when I went to the one on the 7th I couldn't believe it honestly I almost passed out I was that excited, But like Supanova, That's really a convention for anime and stuff then there's Gate to the Sanctuary and I'm not even a fan of that show only going to see Amanda tapping, and I missed The convention thingy with Michael Shanks last year, Still epicly bummed about that too, But still MORE STARGATE CONVENTIONS PLEASE!!!!!
                sigpic
                Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

^ Both Amanda Tapping & Michael Shanks were meant to come out here last year, but pulled out due to work commitments. And I've never met either of them, so I'm keen to finally get that chance.

Originally posted by pfalcon64 View Post
                  Rule-of-thumb for any convention organiser is *not* to book someone if they have been out (to the same state) in the last 2-3 years. They don't get the bookings - or if they do, then everyone already has their autographs...etc, so the actor can't make their minimums.
                  The good news is that popular actors always come back out eventually. Hey, its been 8 years between visits from Amanda.
                  Aaaww! Don't tell me that!
                  Looks like I'm going to have to get hold of a bunch of money somehow, & go to some overseas conventions.

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.
                  Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Normally I would say yes, but 1) It does get a little tiring having to fly over and 2) I DON'T THINK I CAN AFFORD ANY MORE! So many are happening this year! It's crazy!

Comment

Working...
                    X