Needed for RPG : Theories about Wraith Reproduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed for RPG : Theories about Wraith Reproduction

Okay, As I said above I am quite aware that it has been talked about on this site before.. but all of those threads are old, and lacking information given in the later episodes.. but now that the series has been cancelled, I would like to pose the question again, mainly because I am involved in a stargate atlantis based roleplay and need to get the information as accurately as I can, especially considering O still have not finished the series, but I have done a fair amount of research... still without finding my answer. And sorry.. I know my typing sucks.. but its late. So anyways.. based on everything we learned in the series, and taking into account everything we've seen.. what would be a workable theory for wraith reproduction? Can anyone help?

I do know about the cloning process, but that does not explain the Wraith child seen in season 2, and I have strong doubts that the wraith started off building cloning facilities to clone themselves, implying that there are other means by which they reproduce.

Comment

i think, naturally, a queen lays eggs that grow into wraith. however, since that gives a singular queen a TON of power - she'll control all her off spring since they'll be loyal to her - they came up with cloning to allow a hive to grow without a queen. either as a survival tactic and a 'just in case' for losing their queen, but also as a rebellion, to grow free from control

either way works, yet with queens in short supply and wraith being lost by the hundreds in battles, they've done more and more cloning to keep their numbers up.

the original method, queens laying eggs, kept their populations relatively small, so it kept them in control when it came to battles, etc. But with cloning,t hey now have no shortage of cannon fodder to throw into a battle, not to mention having to feed so many. cloning, likely meant to save the race, became its downfall because teh hunters soon outgrew their food source and were in danger of 'eating' themselves to starvation.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Generally I'd have thought that the lower castes were produced via cloning, yet the children seen in the episodes (ie, Ellia) and higher castes were the result of more human-like copulation.

Comment

You may want to check out the Wraith Defenders Club: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37661

There are dozens of different theories about Wraith repoduction there that are all more or less sensible concerning "canon".

Basically it boils down to Wraith Queens laying eggs/pods from which the "faced" males and females hatch, maybe even drones. But there is still much uncertainty. To say it like Todd: There is much about the Wraith you do not know.

Comment

Working...
          X