Armageddon New Zealand 23-26 Oct 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armageddon New Zealand 23-26 Oct 09

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Armageddon New Zealand Convention in October....

Anyone been before who can share a little of what the event is like.. thanks.
    sigpic

Yeah I'm definitly trying to get there. I'm in Chch so will fly up. I've been to the Chch Armageddon before and its not bad, not very Sci Fi based though, lots of gamers and anime in the mix but I enjoyed it. Got to see Don S. Davis but not missing the opportunity to see AT, missed her in 2000 when she was in Auck.

I think it would def be worth going just to see AT let alone the rest of it. Auck started it all first and has been going for quite a few years now. Its great to see that we are starting to embrace the sci fi culture.
    Humming?...

Comment

I'm planning on going there. It's all new for me too, I'll be going alone, since I don't know anyone in NZ that is into that sort of thing. (I only just moved here last year).
      Hopefully I won't get lost in Auckland, haha. I'm currently living in the Hutt, outside of Wellington, so it'll be way different! I can't wait for it though! It'll be great.
      sigpic
      The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

I've never been to one myself but I have been around the Aotea Centre when it's been on - my impression is that it's very much marketed and set up as a family event. The majority of people attending seemed to be pre-teen and teenagers with a few bewildered looking parents staggering out.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Yeah I'm definitly trying to get there. I'm in Chch so will fly up. I've been to the Chch Armageddon before and its not bad, not very Sci Fi based though, lots of gamers and anime in the mix but I enjoyed it. Got to see Don S. Davis but not missing the opportunity to see AT, missed her in 2000 when she was in Auck.

I think it would def be worth going just to see AT let alone the rest of it. Auck started it all first and has been going for quite a few years now. Its great to see that we are starting to embrace the sci fi culture.
          Hasn't AT cancelled and Joe is taking her place....

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
          I'm planning on going there. It's all new for me too, I'll be going alone, since I don't know anyone in NZ that is into that sort of thing. (I only just moved here last year).
          Hopefully I won't get lost in Auckland, haha. I'm currently living in the Hutt, outside of Wellington, so it'll be way different! I can't wait for it though! It'll be great.
          I'm visiting my sister in Aukland and decided to go.. was beginning to think that there were no NZ fans on GW...

Originally posted by ponycake View Post
          I've never been to one myself but I have been around the Aotea Centre when it's been on - my impression is that it's very much marketed and set up as a family event. The majority of people attending seemed to be pre-teen and teenagers with a few bewildered looking parents staggering out.
          That has me a bit worried.. I don't like all the anime stuff and not sure whether there will be enough Stargate stuff to keep me interested for 3 days..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Hasn't AT cancelled and Joe is taking her place....
            Yeah, I read the same thing, too! Kind of torn about it, really, I like both of them equally as much!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            I'm visiting my sister in Aukland and decided to go.. was beginning to think that there were no NZ fans on GW...
            Very good! Maybe, if there's enough people here we can arrange a meet-up somewhere on the grounds, would be nice to meet other GateWorlders in person.

I don't particularly enjoy the Anime things either, I'm hoping that's where most of the teens and families cruise off to
            sigpic
            The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Yeah kiwigater told me yesterday that AT isn't coming, absolutely gutted!! Not sure if I'll go now, theres a bit of cost involved although 3 leads from Atlantis... still tempting
              Humming?...

Comment

I'm going, and I'm flying to Los Angeles straight after - though only to catch a connecting flight to Amsterdam from there. Armageddon Auckland is probably the greatest way for me to say buh-bye to New Zealand. I'm so looking forward to it!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X