No announcement yet.

Richard Dean Anderson Meet the Man Vancouver 5-8th August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those with prior experience with GABIT events, how long is the wait to find out if you've been successful?

Comment

I'm actually pretty shocked it went as easily as it did. Took very little time, maybe 20 seconds? to load the page.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        I'm actually pretty shocked it went as easily as it did. Took very little time, maybe 20 seconds? to load the page.
        20 seconds?! Wow, I swear it felt like a minute passed. Or maybe my anxiety level was just higher than normal because I remember how fast the VIP passes for last year's vancouver event sold out after RDA was announced.

Comment

from what i understand, once you hit that first 'name, # of tickets' then you have your place in line. Doesn't matter if it took you 2 minutes or 15 to rill out the info, you have your place in line
          My money is on the offer e-mails going out first of the week at the earliest.

I would imagine they want to go over the list, look for duplicates, etc. Make sure there were no folks trying to multi reg (and it takes time to comb over over 300 requests/names)

then tally 'how many asked for dinner, how many can go to dinner' and make up the two lists, people asking for gen con admission, people asking for total con admission (con and dinner) and then collate the list of e-mails and start sending them out

I thikn they'd rather take an extra day or so and go over the info than start sending mails out quickly only too have some be wrong
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
            for those with prior experience with GABIT events, how long is the wait to find out if you've been successful?
            I think this is the first time they are doing it like this. But they said within a week and I guess it will take some time to get everything right. Going to be a long week eh?

Good luck to everyone
            sigpic

Comment

And I would imagine, being that they're used to doing this sort of thing, that notifications would be rather quick. It's only 350 names.
              sigpic

Comment

Done! the first page did have a dramatic pause, anyone want to guess at the ref number,

Comment

Well the adrenaline is wearing off so I'm going to bed....

May we all be lucky in the ticket draw!
                  The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                  Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                    Done! the first page did have a dramatic pause, anyone want to guess at the ref number,
                    Other than I'm hoping mine isn't indicative of how many were sold in that 30 seconds . . . LOL!
                    sigpic

Comment

Other than I'm hoping mine isn't indicative of how many were sold in that 30 seconds . . . LOL!
                      Yep thats what I was hoping.

Comment

I think we're all hoping that! Given that the server slowed as much as I did I guess it's technically feasible though

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                          I am guessing that a number of 68732 is not the number of people that registered for MTM. At least I hope not. LOL.

Comment

And I would imagine, being that they're used to doing this sort of thing, that notifications would be rather quick. It's only 350 names.
                            Like Skydiver said, it will take us several days to sort through the Registration requests, pull out any duplicates, see how many asked for Charmed passes etc etc. As soon as the Reg department is happy to send out emails of confirmation, they will do so, but not before.

Trust me, we will be working on this from the moment Reg opened until we're done. The hotlines between all of us concerned with this side of the process are fired up and communicating well.

For anyone who made mistakes who are worried and are notifying us of them, like name glitches etc, be assured that these are being forwarded to Reg immediately and it is not a problem, so don't worry!

Julia
                            G4
                            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Thanks Julia! Hope the process is relatively painless for you
                              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                                I am guessing that a number of 68732 is not the number of people that registered for MTM. At least I hope not. LOL.
                                That's an - interesting number and nothing what mine looked like! LOL!

I don't envy you the task of all the sorting, Julia
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X