David Hewlett: Grand Marshal at July 4th parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Hewlett: Grand Marshal at July 4th parade

David will be grand marshall at a July 4th parade in Point Roberts, WA.

http://www.allpointbulletin.com/front_page8.html

The theme will be “An Outer Space Fantasy,” and leading the parade will be grand marshal David Hewlett, better known for his role as Dr. Rodney McKay in the Sci-fi television series Stargate Atlantis. The parade starts at the foot of Gulf Road at noon and will move east along Gulf Road and down Tyee Drive to the marina overflow parking lot.

More details at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/349382.html

If only I lived there.
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I wanna go! Too bad I live on the opposite coast.

It would be so cool to see him there! I'm jealous of those who live there and will be attending, whether they know who he is or not. Jealous I tell you! JEALOUS!

EDIT: Oh, and he'll be signing autographs too! What I wouldn't give to be there!
      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 19 June 2009, 07:55 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

mckay running a parade ??? oh dear

Comment

I thought he was canadian...
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
            doesn't mean he can't attend or participate

Comment

I believe he became a US citizen recently and he lived in Washington state during the latter part of Stargate's filming. He commuted across the border to work.
              He lives in the Los Angeles area and has been tweeting about buying a house there.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                mckay running a parade ??? oh dear
                If they allow fireworks, it could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  I wanna go! Too bad I live on the opposite coast.

It would be so cool to see him there! I'm jealous of those who live there and will be attending, whether they know who he is or not. Jealous I tell you! JEALOUS!

EDIT: Oh, and he'll be signing autographs too! What I wouldn't give to be there!
                  He just tweeted he's doing the POLARIS con in Toronto the following weekend, so if you live in Toronto, you're in luck!

Comment

He's actually a tri-citizen. American/Canadian/British. Originally from England, he and his family moved to Canada when he was 3 years old. Got his US citizenship last year I think.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    He just tweeted he's doing the POLARIS con in Toronto the following weekend, so if you live in Toronto, you're in luck!
                    No such luck for me. I'm in the states, the North Eastern coast, tiny little state in New England. Besides, I haven't the money for a Con... I fear I never will. I will just have to worship David Hewlett from afar.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      OMG are you serious! *runs off to check Polaris website*

*runs back in* I'm going to the Polaris convention. Oh this is so cool!

David Nykl and David Hewlett at the same convention! Wow, this is going to be fun!
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 June 2009, 03:51 PM.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        I believe he became a US citizen recently and he lived in Washington state during the latter part of Stargate's filming. He commuted across the border to work.
                        He lives in the Los Angeles area and has been tweeting about buying a house there.

ooh and aah... yes, i think he's cute.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

ooh and aah... yes, i think he's cute.
                          maybe you can baby sit his son

Comment

I'm a member of a local Stargate Meetup group here in Vancouver. And they have a outing down to the parade planned for that day. Unforunetly unsure if I will be able to go. Since I don't know my work schedule for that week yet!!! I would love to meet him. He is on my list of Stargate people I want to meet!!!

Actually it is him having lived in the US for the last year or so, that prevented him from staying the running for "Best Actor in a Dramatic Series" at the recent Leo Awards here in Vancouver (have to have lived in Canada for the 12 months prior to the awards). If he had been eligible, than Tyler Labine from Reaper would not of won that award (for the second year in a row). And then I would have been able to stomach the fact that Steve Bacic had lost the award for the second year in a row (to Tyler that is)!!!

Update: Got my schedule for work that week. AND I GOT JULY 4th OFF!!!! Have added my name to the RSVP list as YES I'M IN!!!! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO MEET DAVID
                            Last edited by AnnieS; 21 June 2009, 06:12 AM.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                              OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO MEET DAVID
                              Just remember to keep the drooling to a minimum Annie - you don't want to make David all soggy
                              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Working...
                              X