DVD converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD converter

Okay, im making a fan video, i have found a dvd decrypter, and i need a good dvd converter... any reccomendations?

Thanks

if you have a mac, mpegstreamclip works (there's also a windows version but it won't do .wmv)

there's also 'super' which is a video converter. dunno if it works with dvd's or not, but i do know that mpegstreamclip will turn decrypted dvd's into other computer formats and you can use other programs to work with it from there

both of these programs are free and can be found by using the almighty google
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If your using linux(I would recommend everyone use linux) there is a program called Transcode that will convert the DVD episodes to any format you like, it also allows you to select a time range as well so you could do just a 30 second clip if you want.

You can then merge these clips together using an application called avimerge, this will merge them all together so that they are a single video,

it is also important to note that transcode allows you to select a different video and audio source so that you can overlay music onto your clip as well.

Hope that helps :-)

OH and if anyone is wanting to have a go but doesn't have linux(I would strongly recommend everyone have linux) then you can always download a live cd, this is a disk that gives you a complete linux operating system without needing to install it, I would recommend ubuntu as it is the easiest and in my opinion one of the best distros around.

A live cd will allow you to get the applications that you need for this, although you will need either a hard drive to store the output on or a USB stick.

Hope that helps someone... If anyone want more info about how to do this or even a tutorial giving you screen shots or something then feel free to PM me or ask in this thread.

DISCLAIMER: NOTE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COPY THE COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL UNDER YOUR COUNTRIES LAW

Comment

Working...
      X